Page 118 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2261
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This seems too melodramatic; also X-man was dead at the time, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This seems too melodramatic; also X-man was dead at the time, IIRC.
    The book would not be center on them, just move issues around. Bring nate back just so he can finaly kick it out of 616 for good. Still better then Morrison xD

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    The book would not be center on them, just move issues around. Bring nate back just so he can finaly kick it out of 616 for good. Still better then Morrison xD
    So, you would resurrect an alternate reality version of Cable that was already dead only for you being able to kill him again, but this time maybe make it stick?

Yeah, I'll take Morrison, no offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    So, you would resurrect an alternate reality version of Cable that was already dead only for you being able to kill him again, but this time maybe make it stick?

Yeah, I'll take Morrison, no offense.
    Didn't he came back though? And he is about to die or dead not sure. But the story was for a question that was ask. No offence to you liking Morrison run. I personally never liked it. He killed two comics for me. You can ask Talia and Lois fans how he treated them xD. But yeah, not a real story mines was just 8 ideas trying to mash into one lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Question only for Jott fans.
    If you could re do Morrison run, what problems would this relationship have and the many ways to work them out. In what way would apocalypse change Scott? How would the couple deal with this?
    @Ulfhammer @Bell i am curious as to what you two would say.

What is the mandate? That they have to be broken up? If so, I would have continued with how 117 approached it In that issue, Jean's fellings for Scott haven't changed at all It's that he is completely different Stick with that. They don't work anymore because Scott is different.

That is most assuredly not how it was approached on the Scott/Emma end There would have been none of the revisionist BS about them just going through the motions when she came back. Calling the marriage fake. None of that It's been WAY TOO LONG to retroactively deconstruct Jott. You take Scott, post Apocalypse, and do it that way

Does Jean still have to die? Jean and Scott should have separated early in the run. Then something, to some degree, can start to develop between Scott and Emma. Jean dies and him being with Emma an issue later doesn't carry the same level of distaste.

Why must it be so distasteful. The last page of 154. Instead of that vomit inducing kiss at the fucking cemetery where his wife is buried, why can't Scott just take her hand and they walk away together. I think most of the readers would get the picture of what taking her hand meant.

Going in I expected some marital strain. What Scott had been through was a perfectly legitimate thing to use to interject that tension. It could have been something to challenge and eventually galvanize the couple. Thing was, the guy writing them at the time didn't want to do that because he didn't think they worked as a couple anymore. And my guess is that's pretty much how it was. He didn't twirl his mustache and say, this is how I can piss off Jott fans. He wrote the couple how he saw them. If you were a Jott fan, like me, you don't like it because you don't see the couple the way that Morrison did.

Spectacular Member

I am wondering if Emma's mindwipe of Scott and Emma's relationship might be permanent. That her fear of him dying again will keep her from re-establishing a relationship with him, and him and Jean starting slowly to re-kindle as friends before possibly becoming lovers..if they ever do. I am all for Jott to reunite, but it must be natural and working through all of the issues that led to the marriage falling apart on both sides. Neither was innocent in the fall of Jott...both had issues that neither was allowed to address by the writes's Casey, Morrison, Austen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am not a Jott fan (because I am not a shipper of any kind), but a good way to keep Jott after the Morrison run, while not having to change almost anything about the run, is, have Jean not die, and making the attraction Emma felt for Scott be the Sublime bacteria messing with her mind to weaken the X-Men, after all she did try the Kick drug on panel in the Quentin Quire story arc.
    At the end she is cured of the Sublime bacteria and realizes Scott isnt even her type. And Scott continues his relationship with Jean

Me, I'm way more concerned of it from Scott's end I want him off the hook. And I would have used Apocalypse. A part of him was still inside Scott, influencing him. Would have done this as soon as Morrison left. LOL. so many people were already pissed about the Xorn Magneto retcon, anyway. Instead of one ham fisted retcon, we have two.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

If you could re do Morrison run, what problems would this relationship have and the many ways to work them out. In what way would apocalypse change Scott? How would the couple deal with this?
    @Ulfhammer @Bell i am curious as to what you two would say.
    Hm, this is a tough question that I feel depends on the story someone would want to tell. I need some time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Hm, this is a tough question that I feel depends on the story someone would want to tell. I need some time.
    Very well, let me know when you do.

@Bell, cactus????
    @Lancer, even as a fan of Scott and Emma i would change that scene and not be a kiss but both walking away not even holding hands.

Quote Originally Posted by twobit View Post
    I am wondering if Emma's mindwipe of Scott and Emma's relationship might be permanent. That her fear of him dying again will keep her from re-establishing a relationship with him, and him and Jean starting slowly to re-kindle as friends before possibly becoming lovers..if they ever do. I am all for Jott to reunite, but it must be natural and working through all of the issues that led to the marriage falling apart on both sides. Neither was innocent in the fall of Jott...both had issues that neither was allowed to address by the writes's Casey, Morrison, Austen.
    Not only it won't be permanent, we've been shown the two of them talking in the opening pages.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cute. Cute. Cute!

Mighty Member

Short version: Jean re-establishes her psychic rapport with Scott. She and Xavier treat him for his PTSD and help him purge the remaining elements of Apocalypse from his mind. Scott and Jean angst over whether or not to have children. Jean wants to; Scott is afraid to. Based on everything they went through with Nathan, he fears Sinister, Apocalypse, or some other villain will always be after any kids they may have. Eventually, Nathan persuades Scott it's worth the risk--to have a family is to have a future, and that's ultimately what they're all fighting for. The last panel of the run has Jean waking Scott up to inform him she's pregnant--with baby Rachel.

No Phoenix rehash.
    No affair, no Scemma--Emma is too busy running the school and becoming Xavier's heir apparent. If she hooks up with anyone, it's Charles, becoming the yin to his yang.

I wouldn't have Magneto be Xorn, either. That was fucking stupid. But, I digress.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 06-17-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Incredible Member

Damn, why couldn't they have put you on the X books in 2001?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Very well, let me know when you do.
    Well, after some time, I have given it some thought and came up with two directions that are quite a bit jumbled and still lacking a few details.

The first is an alternate version of Morrison's run, with Jean still dying. The main differences being the removal of any affair like activities for both Jean and Scott, and a larger focus placed on Jean's hope to break through to Scott. Scott would still seek therapy from Emma in the hopes that she would help him work through his problems on a deeper level. This is reinforced, by Xavier's absence and Jean's refusal to do so as a result of strange feedback from the phoenix force. While Scott attempts to come to grips with his issues, Jean faces a possibility to reach out and bond further with the phoenix, unlike ever before, while also having to lead the X-men. Eventually, Emma falls in love over the course of sessions and tries to seduce Scott. He tells her no and leaves feeling shame for what could have happened. Jean finds out and everything else plays out similarly to what we know, except there is no kissing at the grave.

The second scenario is entirely different with absolutely zero drama with Emma and Logan. In this version, Scott's possession is dealt with in more detail. His reasons for celibacy are revealed to be a part of his fear of having children. Apocalypse played into his guilt of intimacy and longing for a family and presented the realization that their lives have the potential to be ruined and mutilated with Cable and Rachel's childhoods as examples. Jean is faced with a tough situation herself, with Xavier gone, the changes with the phoenix, and Scott's current mental state she feels something needs to give. So, she leaves the X-men and takes Scott away for therapy. After talking through their issues, it seems Scott is adamant on his beliefs, and Jean leaves with the remark that this current state is more painful than anything Apocalypse or other villains could do. Left alone, Scott begins to think everything through. After some self examination and an inward battle with his past failures, he realizes that Apocalypse's hold was nothing more but sabotage. Scott eventually rushes back home to help with the ensuing threat on the mansion. With the threat over, Scott tells Jean, that if she's willing, he would like to move to the next step in their marriage and with her problem, the phoenix.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-17-2019 at 09:34 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia