Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also, I doubt that the Borg would be able to ever properly assimilate things like Celestial or Galactus tech....
    Cyborg Korvac was able to slurp-up knowledge from Galactus' World-Ship with a Badoon computer counsel. He evolved himself into a Skyfather-tier cosmic entity with unlimited potential.

Korvac.jpg

Not convinced the Borg couldn't assimilate the cosmic tech and knowledge, especially with the Q spoon-feeding them.

It seems to be a staple of the Marvel Universe that this kind of evolution/ascension is possible under the right conditions. It happens often enough. The Borg should be able to cosmically upgrade just fine, especially with Q assistance.

Technically speaking, his power is *due* to his biology, specifically as a mutant. I sincerely doubt that Borg nanoprobes would ever be able to comprehend a genetic structure that allowed people to have Q-tier or higher levels of power and, in at least Adult Franklin's case, is completely unaffected by Blackbolt's voice, which is a cosmically powerful expression of Blackbolt's electron manipulation ability. Furthermore, while it's not a conclusive point and could have just been an example of PIS, if simply teleporting nanoprobes into his head was possible and plausible, that's beyond child's play to the Celestials in terms of both technology and cosmic powers, but they chose to try and soothe him instead.

Also, I doubt that the Borg would be able to ever properly assimilate things like Celestial or Galactus tech, much less something like the Ultimate Nullifier, which is portrayed less as technology than as a cosmic force that is related to both Galactus and Death, which just happens to have a trigger.

But that response in particular was about Q and the Q Continuum when compared to Omega Class mutants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Cyborg Korvac was able to slurp-up knowledge from Galactus' World-Ship with a Badoon computer counsel. He evolved himself into a Skyfather-tier cosmic entity with unlimited potential.

Korvac.jpg

Not convinced the Borg couldn't assimilate the cosmic tech and knowledge, especially with the Q spoon-feeding them.

It seems to be a staple of the Marvel Universe that this kind of evolution/ascension is possible under the right conditions. It happens often enough. The Borg should be able to cosmically upgrade just fine, especially with Q assistance.
    Pretty much this. Their nanoprobes were capable of dealing with alien beings of all stripes including vastly different ones from other universes, and regardless of how powerful the X-gene they are often only biologically a tiny bit different from Humans. With easy access to genetic info from Marvel Earth to grant context and other relevant info (Not to mention Q assistance), there's no reason to think they can't handle Mutant DNA. After harvesting even a few of the super geniuses available in the 616 along with their feat of having no issue adapting to 29th century tech from the Trek equivalent of the TVA, the Q assistance means nothing is off the table in terms of assimilation with the caveat that they get the Marvel info from Geniuses and/or Reed & Doomtech to deal with more Cosmic sources.
    Last edited by Dalak; 07-04-2019 at 01:19 PM.

Technically speaking, his power is *due* to his biology, specifically as a mutant. I sincerely doubt that Borg nanoprobes would ever be able to comprehend a genetic structure that allowed people to have Q-tier or higher levels of power and, in at least Adult Franklin's case, is completely unaffected by Blackbolt's voice, which is a cosmically powerful expression of Blackbolt's electron manipulation ability. Furthermore, while it's not a conclusive point and could have just been an example of PIS, if simply teleporting nanoprobes into his head was possible and plausible, that's beyond child's play to the Celestials in terms of both technology and cosmic powers, but they chose to try and soothe him instead.

Also, I doubt that the Borg would be able to ever properly assimilate things like Celestial or Galactus tech, much less something like the Ultimate Nullifier, which is portrayed less as technology than as a cosmic force that is related to both Galactus and Death, which just happens to have a trigger.

But that response in particular was about Q and the Q Continuum when compared to Omega Class mutants.
    I would say there is also the no-limits fallacy. We cannot assume the Borg can assimilate anything that is well beyond anything they have been shown able to assimilate.

I gather Franklin Richards has been shown to be as physically invincible as he is powerful in other ways since he was immune to Black Bolt's voice.

I think the Q are far more powerful than some people think but I have at times seen people hugely use the no-limits fallacy when assuming their abilities. The Marvel comics universe wins here. The only question is what Marvel characters would be about equal to Q. Also, except for Thanos with the Infinity gems, Q stomps in the MCU.

Another question would be how powerful of a Marvel Comics character would be required when it's the entire Q Continuum.

Edit: Admittedly, the Cyborg Korvac story alters the issue of whether the Borg could assimilate some Galactus tech especially with a Q assist.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 07-04-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

as seen in voyager, there are limits to what the borg can assimilate, like species 8472. which might a low end feat for them since the doctor was able to figure out a way to stop them while the combined collective was unable to.

is uni-matrix zero still valid?

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    as seen in voyager, there are limits to what the borg can assimilate, like species 8472. which might a low end feat for them since the doctor was able to figure out a way to stop them while the combined collective was unable to.

is uni-matrix zero still valid?
    Low feat IMO, since 8472 got affected by Borg Nanoprobes as soon as they got reprogrammed by the Doc.

I still maintain that with the Q helping them and the enhancements each bit of super-tech adds as they are assimilated in this scenario, they'll be able to assimilate everything they'll need to. Base-level Borg aren't nearly as effective and are steamrolled by so many others in fiction, but the danger with the Borg is when they get the chance to even the playing field, since they almost always improve what they assimilate as they use it to improve themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Low feat IMO, since 8472 got affected by Borg Nanoprobes as soon as they got reprogrammed by the Doc.

I still maintain that with the Q helping them and the enhancements each bit of super-tech adds as they are assimilated in this scenario, they'll be able to assimilate everything they'll need to. Base-level Borg aren't nearly as effective and are steamrolled by so many others in fiction, but the danger with the Borg is when they get the chance to even the playing field, since they almost always improve what they assimilate as they use it to improve themselves.
    still kind of odd to me that a single holographic doctor could do what trillions upon trillions of borg couldn't. but then again, it is voyager borg.

still kind of odd to me that a single holographic doctor could do what trillions upon trillions of borg couldn't. but then again, it is voyager borg.
    Yeah that's always been a shame, just like what they did to the Q. Even in Voyager they had the Future Drone, but they also had WAAAARP TEEEEN! so ymmv.

and now, PSYCHO JANEWAY

and now, PSYCHO JANEWAY
    A touch more, just for the amusement

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    A touch more, just for the amusement

ahhhh shoulder spider. his logic would make a vulcan proud.