Page 90 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1907
    The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

My dream Justice League of the Multiverse (please comment and evaluate):

1. Captain Marvel (Earth-5)

spoilers:
    2, 3, & 4. Annataz, Fate, and Swamp Man (Earth-13)
    5, 6, & 7. Herculina, Good Fellow, and Ghost Man (Earth-34)
    8, 9, & 10. War Woman, Cyberion, and Red Racer (Earth-36)
    11, 12, & 13. Speed Freak, Shooting Star, and Brother Power (Earth-47)
    14. Flintstein (it's cool that the Badrock riff got a Martian Manhunter color scheme) (Earth-41)
    end of spoilers

Post your teams too, compeers!

Nah. Byrne tried to do a century-long period piece, so 1939 definitely resembled classic pulp Superman while 1949 and 59 resembled Silver-Agey stuff. The story realy deviated into the 60s with no classic JLA (the Teen Titans formed but called themselves the JLA), Batman Junior married Supergirl, and a lot of other wacky stuff which took a dark turn in the 70s. There's some nods to things like the Dark Knight returns with the dark tone of the 80s.

One of the weirder twists is that Batman marries his own granddaughter in Generations 3. She's related to him through adoption and not blood, but it's best not to think about it too hard.

The ONLY reason I can think of for including it is because Generations 3 concerned a very significant Darkseid incursion and the New Gods were wiped out...so the Pit-Chaos placement makes sense in that regard. (The New Gods apparently have a "pure" manifestation on Earth-51, so Earth-38 being close to Apokolips is probably consistent with that.)

Oh, and Batman/Captain America was unofficially a part of Generations. I don't like a lot of Byrne's late 90s stuff, but that story was fantastic.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by resipsaloquitur View Post
    Nah. Byrne tried to do a century-long period piece, so 1939 definitely resembled classic pulp Superman while 1949 and 59 resembled Silver-Agey stuff. The story realy deviated into the 60s with no classic JLA (the Teen Titans formed but called themselves the JLA), Batman Junior married Supergirl, and a lot of other wacky stuff which took a dark turn in the 70s. There's some nods to things like the Dark Knight returns with the dark tone of the 80s.

One of the weirder twists is that Batman marries his own granddaughter in Generations 3. She's related to him through adoption and not blood, but it's best not to think about it too hard.

The ONLY reason I can think of for including it is because Generations 3 concerned a very significant Darkseid incursion and the New Gods were wiped out...so the Pit-Chaos placement makes sense in that regard. (The New Gods apparently have a "pure" manifestation on Earth-51, so Earth-38 being close to Apokolips is probably consistent with that.)

Oh, and Batman/Captain America was unofficially a part of Generations. I don't like a lot of Byrne's late 90s stuff, but that story was fantastic.
    One of the few things I remember from Byrne's Generations is how Superman's son (using weaponry provided by Luthor) brutally murdered his sister on her wedding day. Man, Generations was really dark, resipsaloquitur.

BANNED

Nice a real one world

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    One of the few things I remember from Byrne's Generations is how Superman's son (using weaponry provided by Luthor) brutally murdered his sister on her wedding day. Man, Generations was really dark, resipsaloquitur.
    Yes and no. Like I said, he was doing a period piece and trying to capture the tone of each era. So it got darker as it hit the 60s, 70s, and 80s, but lightened up again in the 90s. Generations 3 was pretty dark, but the whole story nullified itself.

Oh, another oddity was adult Superman (like, 900 years old) kissing a teenage Lana Lang fully on the lips. Some saw it as sweet, while many others were considerably weirded by it.

Astonishing Member

Yes and no. Like I said, he was doing a period piece and trying to capture the tone of each era. So it got darker as it hit the 60s, 70s, and 80s, but lightened up again in the 90s. Generations 3 was pretty dark, but the whole story nullified itself.

Oh, another oddity was adult Superman (like, 900 years old) kissing a teenage Lana Lang fully on the lips. Some saw it as sweet, while many others were considerably weirded by it.
    Another creepy moment:
    Luthor/Ultra-Humanite snapping a 70-year old Lois Lane's neck, and Superman living forever with Lana Lang (with Batman justifying it by saying that Lana and Supes always had a "special bond" or something)

Ok, I just read the book and have mixed feelings. Surprised, dissapointed but mostly intrigued. I hit some spots, I missed others, but I wasn't left indiferent.

Let's analyse what we know now about the earths:
    spoilers:

Earth-0 nothing new here.
    Earth 1 still in formation. Nice explanation.
    Earth-2 and earth-3 as we known but with no update in their status.
    Same for earth-4 and 5.
    Earth-6 officially integrated and unchanged.
    Earth-7 Golem seems more like the doppelganger Thing. Don't be surprised to see another Golem in earth-8. Walküre is perfectly the Supreme Power Zarda analog, amybe an analog live in earth-8. The Devilfist is the anomaly as a Hellboy doppelganger. Why is he here? Maybe the HawkOlw theory is the right one. But It would be interesting to see him in a Pale Rider comics world.
    Earth-9 officially reintegrated and unchanged.
    Earth-10 Nice trick, show the Master men but keep the Freedom fighters mostly hide. If you want to meet them, buy the next chapter.
    Earth-11 has been Nu52ized: No GL but Star Saphire, no Flash but Jessie Quick, Wonderus Man (Avoiding lawsuit,but why the pants??) and curious to see Power man.
    Earth-12 Batman Beyond! It was insede the possibilities. Same past or changed? Is unknow.
    Earth-13 Known in the previews.
    Earth-14, 24,25,27,28, 46,49. Still unknow... but didn't you got the feeling than these earths are already reserved? Specailly with earth-14 being a double earth. That doesn't seems at random.
    Earth-15... They keep Countdown in continuity... WHY?? Everyone understand is a bad story but they keep it in continuity? Reboots are to shed aside bad ideas, not to keep them.
    Earth-16 already known.
    Earth-17 Atomic Adam Strange. Challengers of the Unknown? I'm in.
    Earth-18 and 19, Known in the previews. Each one with ttheir twist.
    Earth-20 Already known.
    As I said, earth-21 comes with a twist. JFK is immortal. But still I find odd they selected this one to keep. But mostly I missed here.
    Kingdom come has been preserved!!
    Earth-23 already known.
    Earth-26 the most indestructible earth of all. That explain the patches in the icon.
    Earth-29 Did anyone notice than Bizarra (WW) is mudd colored.
    Earth-30 From where came that Flash??
    Earth-31 Surprise!! A pirate/Water world? No DKR/DKSA/ASBAR? Odd. Not bad but... Well, I'm not exactly moved by this one. Here nobody hit it.
    Earth-32, the mash-up already known.
    Earth-33 Interesting....
    Earth-34 Cosmoville with Savior, the reverse Samaritan!! The analgogs are obvious, but Stingray here?? Curious to know their story. And I nailed it with the Light Brigade.
    Earth-35 Awesome universe. We hit here after Morrison clues. But more like riffing in Moore than Liefeld. Basically this world was built by the Monitors. Also, home of the Owl.
    Earth-36. Yep, eternal Silver Age Big Bang riff. I hit here.
    Earth-37 Twilight World!! Basically thrillkiller is the past of Twilight and the present is a Sci-fi landscape. lawless heroes and cynical saviors, the world of Chaykin.
    Earth-38 Surprise 2!! Generations is part of the Multiverse!! Really? I'm surprised. And perfect foil to oppose to a perpetual fixed world in an age against the real time determined generations world. But I confess is unexpected. Why in the dark zone? Well, time is the hardest jugde, isn't? Missed totaally.
    Earth-39: Wally Wood get fictionalized as Happy DaVinci. And the Agents of WONDER, the analogs are obvious Another hit.
    Earth-40 Already known but we discovered than Hannibal Sivana comes from earth-40 (looks the desing of the robots).
    Earth-41 Image world, already hinted, but surprised with the familiarity of some identities. And who is Nightcraker? Because Sepulcre is obvioulys the vampire looking guy. Oh, and Scorpion as Batman wannabe, is obvious.
    Earth-42 is kid Westworld?? I didn't see that comic. What it means then?
    Earth-43 Blood League... It needs a better name.
    Earth-44 Already known, but I was expecting something more... intense?
    Earth-45 confirmed, the world of Superdoom. Everyone nailed here. But I was expecting to see how others companies started with their own branded products, as Batman INC for example. After all in a world of wild capitalism, you expect to rival companies arise.
    Earth-47 What with Morrison and the eternal Presidents? Everybody knew which earth was this one. Here is Shooting Star. I think I hit here. But sad, I would liked more Rainbow Batman.
    Earth-48 A mix of pre-crisis earth-6 with pre-flashpoint earth-48 and you got a analog to the Inhumans with the Forerunners. This one is the biggest twist, because mix a lot and the result is something like the Top Ten Universe.
    My biggest dissapointment, earth-50. I still believe than in somefashion Wildstorm will return, maybe even as one of the unassigned earths. But right now really I'm not in the mood to see another rerun of Dini's JL. Really. For a long time.
    Earth-51 Surprised by the divided new gods. Mental Note: never again trust anything DiDio or Johns would say. I don't believe they ever knew what are they publishing.
    end of spoilers

So, this is my view on the earths. A mix of everything.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier View Post
    My dream Justice League of the Multiverse (please comment and evaluate):

1. Captain Marvel (Earth-5)

spoilers:
    2, 3, & 4. Annataz, Fate, and Swamp Man (Earth-13)
    5, 6, & 7. Herculina, Good Fellow, and Ghost Man (Earth-34)
    8, 9, & 10. War Woman, Cyberion, and Red Racer (Earth-36)
    11, 12, & 13. Speed Freak, Shooting Star, and Brother Power (Earth-47)
    14. Flintstein (it's cool that the Badrock riff got a Martian Manhunter color scheme) (Earth-41)
    end of spoilers

Post your teams too, compeers!
    I like the idea, I might have to do one myself or even a list of villains for a "Legions of the Multiverse" antagonistic counter-part.

One teeny query I have with your list is how come you decided to choose several people from several worlds, instead of one representative each from a different world?

Just curious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

The question is how would be the Generations world of 2015. The idea of that story was mirror the style changes in DC, with a real time timing. So how will now:

Would the 1938 Superman be using the new52 clothes? Or a Great Grandchild would be using those clothes?
    Who would be Batman?Eternal? And another Robin I presume?
    Will Dick Grayson Resurrected as a super spy or that would be Jason Todd?
    Would be the new Woman revealed as old Diana turned a Godess?
    Will a new Green Lantern being gay? Will Alan Scott get out the closet at his 90s?
    And so and so.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

spoilers:
    Personally, I thought Bizarra was colored like flesh, since Bizarros are already sort of chalky, stony. But mud makes sense too, and harkens back to ASS, where Bizarro Wonder Woman was just a statue.

Speaking of Bizarro World, the description was hilarious. Sramian Snitch! Bizarro Manhawk!

Also, the Image world is as follows: Martian guy, Flintstein, Roy Harper guy Fletch, Wonder Woman Vague, Red Tornado Nightcracker (?), vampire Sepulchure
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    The question is how would be the Generations world of 2015. The idea of that story was mirror the style changes in DC, with a real time timing. So how will now:

Would the 1938 Superman be using the new52 clothes? Or a Great Grandchild would be using those clothes?
    Who would be Batman?Eternal? And another Robin I presume?
    Will Dick Grayson Resurrected as a super spy or that would be Jason Todd?
    Would be the new Woman revealed as old Diana turned a Godess?
    Will a new Green Lantern being gay? Will Alan Scott get out the closet at his 90s?
    And so and so.
    I don't know. Byrne took Generations 2 to 2008 and had a glimpse of 2019. Generations 3 went to the early 21st century but I forgot what year, and anyway that series nullified. Since some worlds like New Frontier are apparently unchanged, I would think Generations is unchanged and I wouldn't worry about it being Nu52-ified too much.

I don't know. Byrne took Generations 2 to 2008 and had a glimpse of 2019. Generations 3 went to the early 21st century but I forgot what year, and anyway that series nullified. Since some worlds like New Frontier are apparently unchanged, I would think Generations is unchanged and I wouldn't worry about it being Nu52-ified too much.
    You didn't understand. When I talked about the 1938 Superman using the new52 clothes was talking about if the original SUperman of 1938 would reappar in the year 2015 using that clothes or if a descendant would use those clothes. I wasn't talking about a new52ize of the year 1938.
    Also remember than basically Generations 3 ended with a reboot than affect all the past. SO we can conclude than most of what happened in G1 and G2 stay the same but starting in 2011 the heroes would must reflect how the new style is. So, as Superman is still alive, is he using these new clothes or there is a descendant who uses the new clothes style? That was my question.
    ANd it was because that was the essense of Generation: to emulate how the comics were in those times, but keeping the characters as when they really debuted. So to follow that pattern, the generations world must to present a new generation of characters new 52 inspired. How will react older heros to them? That is the idea.

BANNED

Is there a scan of earth 21?

In response to CFS's hypothetical "Justice League of the Multiverse", my idea of the roster for a "Legion of the Multiverse" villain team:

Alexander Luthor [Earth-3] - Joint leader, superpower leecher

Lord Havok [Earth-8] - Joint leader, hunts down heroes' weapons

Brunhilde [Earth-10] - Strategist, group enforcer

Count Sinestro and Parallax the Fear Thing [Earth-40] - More overt and dramatic fear-spreaders

(Vampire) Batman [Earth 43] - Stealth, preys on civilians to spread fear, wildcard

Superdoomsday [Earth-45] - All-round powerhouse and Supermen killer, wildcard

The main two dynamics of the team would be:

- Both Alexander Luthor and Lord Havok vie for complete control of the group, usually switches between them based on which of their individual agendas suit the rest of the team best. Naturally, Brunhilde being on the team would stop any one person from taking complete control.

- Vampire Batman and Superdoomsday are both nearly uncontrollable, Batman because he is obbsessed with killing innocnets over the mission and likewise for Superdoomsday and his in-built hatred of other multiversal Supermen.

As an additional note, I chose not to include any villains that would be leaders of their own Earth's villain team (Overman, Vandal Savage etc.) nor Dr. Silvana or any of his doppelgangers because they already belong to the Legion of Silvanas.

If anyone has any thoughts or anything on it, feel free to add or amend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    There's a universe where everything is Luchadores.

I WANT TO GO TO THE UNIVERSE WHERE EVERYTHING IS LUCHADORES.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You didn't understand. When I talked about the 1938 Superman using the new52 clothes was talking about if the original SUperman of 1938 would reappar in the year 2015 using that clothes or if a descendant would use those clothes. I wasn't talking about a new52ize of the year 1938.
    Also remember than basically Generations 3 ended with a reboot than affect all the past. SO we can conclude than most of what happened in G1 and G2 stay the same but starting in 2011 the heroes would must reflect how the new style is. So, as Superman is still alive, is he using these new clothes or there is a descendant who uses the new clothes style? That was my question.
    ANd it was because that was the essense of Generation: to emulate how the comics were in those times, but keeping the characters as when they really debuted. So to follow that pattern, the generations world must to present a new generation of characters new 52 inspired. How will react older heros to them? That is the idea.
    No, I got what you meant. You're asking if Byrne's take on 2011 onward would resemble Nu52. Three answers: one, Byrne already gave us a few glimpses of the early 21st century, which I think would remain unchanged. That's what I meant. Two, Byrne's timeline is still influenced by everything starting in 1938, so future heroes reflected that. For example, he still had Kyle Rayner in the 1990s, but his costume reflected Alan Scott instead of Hal Jordan. He had a "Nightwing," but his costume was distinct with only a superficial resemblance to Dick Grayson's. So I think the heroes of 2015 would reflect different styles than Nu52.

Three, I'd hazard a guess that Byrne hates Nu52, so to do a Nu52 version of Byrne would be pretty weird.