Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Original Defenders vs Alpha Flight

Team members pictures. Takes place in the Canadian wilderness.

Defenders442.jpg

alphaflight12-house-ad.jpg

Alpha Flight is all but stomped. Surfer and Hulk can most definitely solo them. Maybe Namor is a close second behind them. Strange also has good odds of doing so as well if Northstar doesn't tag him first.

Alpha Flight is essentially up against a team of four team-wreckers in their own right. Shaman's a decent mystic, but he's nowhere near Strange's league.

It's a major stomp. Each of the Defenders is clearly superior to a similar character on the Alpha Flight roster:

Dr. Strange > Shaman: obviously the Sorcerer Supreme is the more powerful and skillful magic wielder.
    Hulk > Sasquatch: Class 100 obviously beats Class 75, plus Hulk keeps getting stronger as the fight goes on.
    Namor > Marina: Of the two aquatic characters, only Namor is capable of throwing down with Class 100 opponents and winning.
    Silver Surfer > Aurora and Northstar: not only can Surfer easily blitz the speedster twins, he can go on to blitz all of Alpha Flight.

Snowbird and Puck are out of their league in this fight. Guardian can put up a fight against Namor but has no chance against any of the other Defenders.

There is an argument for Alpha Flight. Greater numbers, home turf, no major bodies of water nearby, and Sasquatch could put Hulk down if he gets to him early enough.

Also....Puck.
    Last edited by Blastaar; 05-15-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastaar View Post
    The is an argument for Alpha Flight. Greater numbers, home turf, no major bodies of water nearby, and Sasquatch could put Hulk down if he gets to him early enough.
    I really don't see the point of home field advantage if Hulk demolishes that turf (which it will be, just like every other fight he's been in), and for the likes of Strange and Surfer -- the entire plane of existence is their home turf. They could ambush Strange and Surfer, sure, but if that's in the middle of the fight and standard arena rules apply, Strange has more than enough safeguards for any sort of trap, and Surfer is simply far too tough for them to do anything about it -- he can simply stand there; Sasquatch isn't pushing him, Guardian's blasts get absorbed, and Surfer tends to compensate against magic with the versatility of the Power Cosmic (and this is all assuming he just stands there, rather than speeds out of the way; remember, he is much, much faster than Northstar).

I'd wager that Namor takes them out before he gets dehydrated to the point of losing his powers -- he may not be Northstar's speed, but he's fast on his own to tag the others and too tough for Northstar himself. But even if he did, just a few drops of water (rather than a major body of water) is enough to restore his strength, which the Canadian Wilderness has plenty of.
    Last edited by Cyke; 05-15-2018 at 08:42 AM.

I'm pretty sure Surfer could just walk around aimlessly, not bothering to defend himself while muttering nonsense about the cosmos and they could never harm him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm pretty sure Surfer could just walk around aimlessly, not bothering to defend himself while muttering nonsense about the cosmos and they could never harm him.
    He could also turn himself into snow, and then explode outta the ground
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Blank Panther once took out SS, it's safe to say that Vindicator would have more of a chance than BP to drop in on him and take the board.

Blank Panther once took out SS, it's safe to say that Vindicator would have more of a chance than BP to drop in on him and take the board.
    Not only is that ludicrous PIS, and SMvFL (arm barring a guy who can punch a planet apart?), but even the writer came back with a "Surfer let him do it".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Taking the board doesn't help.

Black Panther arm locking a guy who can fly through the sun and smash planets is the height of SMvFL.

Not to mention the author finally came out and said the Norrin allowed it to happen.

Edit: blitzed!
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Welcome to the Forum btw! ^_^

Read the FAQ at the top of you have any questions on what some of these terms are.
    - big_adventure

Taking the board doesn't help.

Black Panther arm locking a guy who can fly through the sun and smash planets is the height of SMvFL.

Not to mention the author finally came out and said the Norrin allowed it to happen.

Edit: blitzed!
    I'm the Surfer to your Northstar.

Arx Inosaan

Welcome to the Forum btw! ^_^

Read the FAQ at the top of you have any questions on what some of these terms are.
    Thank you!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Strange also has good odds of doing so as well if Northstar doesn't tag him first.
    These are the Original Defenders.

That means Classic Strange.

That means autoshields against which Northstar will bloody his fists all day long and do nothing.

Classic Strange, on the other hand, can take out the entire other team effortlessly. As can the Surfer, and nobody here is doing much of anything to him either. It's a telling point when the Hulk and Namor are the weak links on a team.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-15-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    These are the Original Defenders.

That means Classic Strange.

That means autoshields against which Northstar will bloody his fists all day long and do nothing.

Classic Strange, on the other hand, can take out the entire other team effortlessly. As can the Surfer, and nobody here is doing much of anything to him either. It's a telling point when the Hulk and Namor are the weak links on a team.
    Wellp, I tried. Good luck, Alpha Flight. It was nice knowing you.