Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

You might want to read Deadpool for that, looks like Elsa still has Jeff the Land Shark in it.

Blind Spot is getting a print edition:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ttia-de-iulis/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You might want to read Deadpool for that, looks like Elsa still has Jeff the Land Shark in it.

That's quite an odd choice. But similar to what DC is doing with their Walmart comics.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Astonishing Member

Hopefully the print copies will help spark interest in letting Thompson do a 3rd JESSICA JONES arc! Her run on the book and the character is far too good to be cut that short!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Hopefully the print copies will help spark interest in letting Thompson do a 3rd JESSICA JONES arc! Her run on the book and the character is far too good to be cut that short!
    That is sadly not my experience of reprints, but I would be all for it. That does make me wonder...I've bought these issues digitally already...do I want to double dip in the hopes of getting more Jessica? (Probably not, as I like that all my Jessica collection is digital - the original Alias, the new JJ by Bendis, and the JJ by Thompson - all nice and together. )
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is there a trade for the second story?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is there a trade for the second story?
    Yup! https://www.amazon.com/Jessica-Jones...1404407&sr=8-1

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Thanks. I just ordered it. I was hoping my LCS would have had a copy, but it never ordered one.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Yeah, I mean i hope it does well so that maybe Thompson can continue writing more Jessica Jones, but in the other, I already bought it digitally, and have switched to primarily digital overall, so... Hopefully Marvel takes that into consideration.

A post on Reddit that you might be interested in:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ewel_a_bit_of/
    Quote Originally Posted by bardbrain
    When was Jessica Jones' career as Jewel? A bit of analysis...

I realize Bendis is ALWAYS hazy with timelines but...

Jessica was in Peter Parker's high school class. Meaning she graduated circa the comics released in 1965 and had to discover her powers before that.

The first super-villain she fought was Scorpion. Scorpion was wearing a costume closer to what he wore in ASM 29 (1965) than what he wore in Captain America #122 (1970) and was committing a petty theft, as opposed to his somewhat grander crimes in 1970.

My best guess is that she debuted sometime after the wedding of Reed and Sue Richards and probably circa the first coming of Galactus and the Kooky Quartet era of the Avengers but before The Vision debuted, Havok or Polaris joined the X-Men, and Kree-Skrull War.

We can infer that she was freed from The Purple Man circa Avengers #177 based on Jocasta's presence on the team and the reference to just returning from space (The Korvac Saga).

As to the length of the Purple Man's control, I guess it depends on whether you take the 8 months literally or in Marvel Time. Classically in Marvel Time (at five years to one), that places her abduction by Purple Man roughly concurrent with Giant Size X-Men #1 and the Jackal cloning Spider-Man. I kind of buy that as it represented a period of the Marvel Universe getting darker with the main problem being that Carol Danvers recognized Jessica and didn't debut as Ms. Marvel until 1977. That strikes me as where you have to treat the timeline as hazy since there's barely time for 8 REAL LIFE months between Carol's debut as Ms. Marvel and Jessica's recovery. Then again, I think there's relatively little issue backdating Carol's origin.

However, I don't think you can interpret Jessica's "four year" career as Jewel to be four REAL WORLD years because it's too tied to Spider-man's timeline. IMHO, she had to have been active well before 1974.

Thoughts?
    Then when I agreed that the maths didn't add up, they added this:
    Quote Originally Posted by bardbrain
    I did catch one more thing.

She was in her coma during the Galactus attack which should have been after Peter finished high school even though even allowing for books not lining up perfectly. Peter was a senior looking to enroll at Empire State a few issues before the Galactus attack...

But it’s implied Jessica’s powers came NOT JUST from the chemicals but likely ambient energy from Galactus which interacted with her while she was in the coma.

So trying to judge the timeline:

She attends the exhibit where Peter Parker and Cindy Moon are bitten by the radioactive spider.

Some time later, probably just before senior year, she is on a family trip to Disney World when her family’s car is hit by a radioactive chemical convoy. They die. She enters a coma.

Peter is making plans to attend college.

Jessica is awakened and possibly gains her full powers when Galactus attacks.

Jessica is adopted and returns to school. Maybe she takes night/summer classes to finish but graduates around when Peter does after foiling the Scorpion.

She becomes Jewel while Peter focuses on college, probably around the time Hank Pym becomes Yellowjacket and the FF encounter the Kree.

In my preferred version of things, she is befriended by NASA security guard Carol Danvers, who has not yet become Ms. Marvel. This explains the depth of the friendship even though the photo of the two in costume would have had to happen almost immediately before Jessica is abducted.

Carol likely debuted before other events detailed in the month of her first appearance, early in the history of the Giant Size X-Men. Ghost Rider and the Defenders are active. Daredevil is partners with Black Widow. Steve Rogers has just abandoned his Nomad persona. Quicksilver and Crystal get married. Jessica is abducted by Killgrave.

Carol meets other heroes as Ms. Marvel, joins the Avengers.

Jessica is recovered immediately after the Korvac Saga. Declines a SHIELD job. Becomes The Knightress for a week. Retires. Starts Alias Investigations.

Career, roughly spanning 1969 to 1977-ish. Which shouldn’t be “four years” but it more or less lines up with how Franklin Richards ages.
    What do you guys think?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

A post on Reddit that you might be interested in:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ewel_a_bit_of/
    Then when I agreed that the maths didn't add up, they added this:
    What do you guys think?
    That's a nice timeline of Jess' history as Jewel. Very comprehensive .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's a nice timeline of Jess' history as Jewel. Very comprehensive .
    Check out the following link on Jessica's dilemma on Spider-Man. I wished that she and Luke Cage would show up in Spider-Man's world as often as Black Cat...

https://www.cbr.com/jessica-jones-sp...#leave-comment