Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Sentinel Squad O*N*E team of human piloted Sentinels ,at one time briefly lead by James Rhodes. Had some prominent roles after House of M, and their own mini-series. Membership took some hits in the course of various mutant events. If the unit still exists in the Marvel Universe some pilots with some experience with operating giant robots are needed. With Monsters Unleashed happening and various giant monsters ,and other assorted daikaiju causing trouble. Who better to train, and perhaps lead the next team of Sentinel Squadies than the pilots of the Shogun Warriors, Richard Carson, Illongo Savage, and Genji Odashu.

So not only did Corvus die pretty embarrassingly in the first issue of Thanos...but apparently Proxima's still alive and working for Thanos like nothing even happened. Despite the fact there was surprisingly amounts of panels during Infinity and a bit in Secret Wars given to show their marriage was actually loving and pretty sweet in contrast to their planetary genocide.

Did they OMDed two minor characters' happily married relationship just because...Lemire didn't want to bother with Corvus, but wanted to keep Proxima around?

If them being married thing was incidental and had little plot relevance, or had a lot less mentions (seriously, Black Swan even clarified explicitly they were married in Secret Wars), I could just go on with my life. But no, Proxima getting a villainous BSOD because she accidentally got Corvus killed at the end of Infinity actually served to move the plot - she stopped fighting so she started to lose to Carol which then made Thanos have to save her and then they all got jumped by Thane; and she grabbed Corvus' glaive so he could resurrect later during the Cabal series. Their relationship has affected the plot, minor as it is in the grand scheme of things.

And yet I fear the official explanation would be like they had a falling out, and got divorced somewhere in-between now and the universe reboot.

Marvel's track record of happy marriages is so shit, these two villains was like, the subversive exception. And now they aren't even that anymore.
    Last edited by Byakko; 01-27-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Jason Strongbow aka American Eagle

I wouldn't mind seeing Blue Shield again. I liked his original conception -- a member of a crime family, taking it down from within. Never much cared for putting him in charge of Project Pegasus's security -- ho hum. But he is a potentially great character.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

Hey yeah! Would like them to show up in any marvel comic in 2017.

LOL!
    Well, THAT Mimic is dead, but I would love to see the Exiles return.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ron Frenz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Well, THAT Mimic is dead, but I would love to see the Exiles return.

Sandy Hausler
    This being comics, there always is the possibility of him being brought back. I have thought of a way out myself (up to the moment he was delivered back to his reality for burial. Don't know if there is anything else to screw it after that).

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This being comics, there always is the possibility of him being brought back. I have thought of a way out myself (up to the moment he was delivered back to his reality for burial. Don't know if there is anything else to screw it after that).

Peace
    He was a great character. And keep in mind, there are an infinite number of parallel worlds, so there may be a Mimic on one of them who is exactly like that one.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    He was a great character. And keep in mind, there are an infinite number of parallel worlds, so there may be a Mimic on one of them who is exactly like that one.
    He also died with regenerative powers mimicked from both Wolverine and Deadpool, so he's more plausible to turn out to have been 'mostly dead' than many other characters that Marvel has chosen to resurrect after their deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    He also died with regenerative powers mimicked from both Wolverine and Deadpool, so he's more plausible to turn out to have been 'mostly dead' than many other characters that Marvel has chosen to resurrect after their deaths.
    And there's that.

Sandy Hausler

I still don't get why the Exiles Mimic was so different from the 616 version. besides the name and the powerset, he might as well have been a completely new character. :shrugs:

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I still don't get why the Exiles Mimic was so different from the 616 version. besides the name and the powerset, he might as well have been a completely new character. :shrugs:
    Same could be said for Exiles Blink vs. Earth-616 Blink. That's the beauty (and curse?) of alternate universe takes on characters.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    I miss Swarm. A Nazi made of/covred with bees is just so over-the-top awesome in concept.
    Yeah. To me, marvel comics is to use the character Swarm for this year's Secret Empire event.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Same could be said for Exiles Blink vs. Earth-616 Blink. That's the beauty (and curse?) of alternate universe takes on characters.
    Was Earth 616 Blink ever seen again after Phalanx Covenant?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Was Earth 616 Blink ever seen again after Phalanx Covenant?
    She was one of the henchmen of Selene the Black Queen during the run up, and the NECROSHA X-Crossover itself.