Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Marauders #10 spoilers and discussion

We start the issue with a quick scene showing Tempo using her powers to age whiskey. Congrats to whoever guessed this in the preview thread!

Sophie arrives at a quiet council meeting to announce that the Marauders are going to war against the Verendi. Daddy Mags asks them to leave no trace of their actions.

At the sea, Bobby and Ororo combine their powers to trap Verendi's ship in a giant iceberg. Then, the rest of the team (Bishop, Emma, Pyro, Callisto and Forge) arrive by teleportation - courtesy of some yet to be explained technology from Christian's ship. They attack the goons. Emma pulls off a classic 90's anime action to 'distract' the guards and attack them telepathically (eh).

The data pages show a exchange of e-mails between Kate and Kurt before and after her death. My eyes got a bit watery.

After they defeat the entire crew of the ship and rescue the scientist who the Verendi used to construct the power dampening technology (aka Forge's former colleague), Emma and the Cuckoos erase all their memories and make them act kinder towards all kinds of oppressed minorities. The scientist gets the same treatment and is sent to the Morlocks' new home in Arizona.

No humans are killed! (As far as I could notice).

The final pages show that the five and Xavier decided it's a foolish effort to keep trying to ressurect Kate when all their former attemps have failed.

---

Bishop's red outfit - 10/10

The actual issue - 7/10. The confrontation with the Verendi crew felt a bit rushed and inconsequential.

Next: Kate's funeral...
    Last edited by nandes; 05-27-2020 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Can’t wait to see how Pete & Pete & Pete act at the ceremony.

I actually predicted Emma undressing a while back in the upcoming art teases thread. I was just joking around though, I didn’t think she’d actually do it

Bishop's new haircut is everything

I hope people can lay it to rest about Kitty not being allowed on Krakoa now as Duggan made it explicitly clear that she can or at least could when alive

People are having some awful takes on Emma unbottoning her coat. I thought it was pretty sexy and smart. And in character.

I agree that this issue was good but everything happened so quick. Wrapped up that plot line.

I liked the tease of Nightcrawler marauding with them. Hopefully we get to see that in the future. Nightcrawler definitely fits in with the theme of the book.

One of those robo suits took out both the OMEGAs before. Even though I dont think they should have been taken out so easily in the beginning issues. I'm glad they attacked from a distance this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bishop's new haircut is everything

I hope people can lay it to rest about Kitty not being allowed on Krakoa now as Duggan made it explicitly clear that she can or at least could when alive
    I didnt even know people thought that. She's been on the island a lot. But youre right. Duggan made it clear here.
    Last edited by CGAR; 05-27-2020 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

I didnt even know people thought that. She's been on the island a lot. But youre right. Duggan made it clear here.
    LOL..people were just discussing this in her thread last week

Well thats shenanigans. I do wonder though when they are going to wrap up the mystery of Kitty Pryde.

Does anyone remember if there were any teases to what it might be?

Emma doing that is not that strange but four guys are not that many. I suppose they would have psychic defenses.

It was a good issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Well thats shenanigans. I do wonder though when they are going to wrap up the mystery of Kitty Pryde.

Does anyone remember if there were any teases to what it might be?
    In the book itself? I don’t think so. The primary fan theory is that Kate will be revealed as a neo-mutant. The cover for marauders 12 is being kept secret for spoilers though.

Spectacular Member

Kate's tragedy made my eyes water, but I hope she comes back as late as possible.

This was a good issue...at first, I thought Bishop was one of the Bedlam Brothers with that new haircut and his red outfit....just weird seeing Bishop not in something primarily blue

so happy for read a X-title again

What a breath of fresh air reading a comic again! Fabulous.

- Confirmed that the Mercury can teleport passengers because it’s a @!%# in’ UFO!
    - Ororo and Bobby are Gods.
    - Kate can't phase through parts of Krakoa. Interesting.
    - Emma in action = divine.
    - Masque and Daniels, so cute
    - And of course:

*drooling heart eyes* Lord, thank you for this bounty on this day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I thought the denouement felt a little rushed but I’m secretly glad they didn’t kill the ship’s crew.
    Emma vs the soldiers, I would have thought she’s powerful enough to overwhelm mere humans without the distraction?
    The Mercury can turn into a U.F.O.? As well as the teleportation trick. Gosh.
    Amused by the Morlock OAP community showing up again.

The data pages were sad, particularly as the second email wasn’t sent.
    1. Kurt calls her Kätzchen not Katya, Katya is Peter’s (Rasputin) nickname for her.
    2. He’s crying everyday over her? Someone give him a hug, please, my soft lad.

Edit to add, oh yeah, Bishop new look is hot.

This issue was great. Bishop's new look deserves several more panels than it got. I kind of feel like the delay between issues kind of hurt the momentum a bit but I'm still loving this series.

It was a fun issue. It felt basically like an Emma issue and she was great in it. I loved the use of her telepathic powers. I love it when writers do fun things with telepathy as opposed to psychic blasts or something boring like that. I loved what Emma made the soldiers do to each other.

I loved Bishop's new look. He looked great before though, but change can be good. I love this book because Emma, Storm, Iceman, and Bishop are in it.

I did enjoy the letters between Kitty and Kurt. Human moments make the x-books more enjoyable. The best part of the Claremont years was how relatable the characters were and how they interacted with each other as friends and family (including the fighting with each other). The letters made me miss Kate/Kitty and I look forward to them resolving the storyline with her.

I also loved the cameo by Tempo. So could Tempo theoretically replace Eva Bell in the Five if something were to happen to her?
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 05-27-2020 at 09:17 AM.