Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Nothing is set in stone in that movies continuity. Colossus in those films had never had a sister, yet here pops up Magik. Even if they did want to stick to "established continuity" (which again does not exist in those movies and wouldn't make sense here simply based on the ages and timelines being wonky), why did they also whitewash Reyes?
    1- LOL Colossus never mentioned his sister, because we don't know what happened to her in the original timeline. Neither we know anything about Colossus in the Beginnings Timeline, because "Deadpool Colossus" is an alternate counterpart.

2- The timeline works. Cinematic mutants of the XCM age slower and better than humans. As simple as that.

So no, it's the same Sunspot, 2008 (TNM) and 2023 (DOFP).
    They picked two very good actors to play Sunspot and Cecilia in the movie. No racism or political agenda involved at all. Originally, Storm was the "mentor" of the boys, not Cecilia, but for various reasons they changed that. Braga is a great actress, so I'm glad they did that.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-22-2021 at 04:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The New Mutants failed on both accounts.
    Your opinion. I don't agree. It took inspiration from Nightmare 3 (Dream Warriors), and became a new type of superhero movie. It's brilliant.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 10-22-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    1- LOL Colossus never mentioned his sister, because we don't know what happened to her in the original timeline. Neither we know anything about Colossus in the Beginnings Timeline, because "Deadpool Colossus" is an alternate counterpart.

2- The timeline works. Cinematic mutants of the XCM age slower and better than humans. As simple as that.

So no, it's the same Sunspot, 2008 (TNM) and 2023 (DOFP).
    They picked two very good actors to play Sunspot and Cecilia in the movie. No racism or political agenda involved at all. Originally, Storm was the "mentor" of the boys, not Cecilia, but for various reasons they changed that. Braga is a great actress, so I'm glad they did that.
    I’m sorry what… when has that ever been stated? And how does that explain Angel being an adult in Europe in Apocalypse, but having a totally different origin in X3?

If you like the movie that’s fine, but other people don’t have to be fine with whitewashing or enjoy the film because you did.

Mighty Member

This was an awful movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m sorry what… when has that ever been stated? And how does that explain Angel being an adult in Europe in Apocalypse, but having a totally different origin in X3?
    Two different Angels. The Last Stand one is Warren, the Apocalypse one is a British Cheyarafim.

What you get on-screen is canon. They age slower and better, you can see that on-screen, so it's canonical. Also, Kinberg confirmed that on an interview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    This was an awful movie.
    I know. Avengers 2. Ant-Man & Wasp. Thor 2. Thor: Ragnarok (a parody).

Thank God, 'The New Mutants' was brilliant.

Amazing Member

I'm very happy for The New Mutants; it has a circular relationship with X-Men 2000, irrespective of the 20 year interim

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by trokanmariel33 View Post
    I'm very happy for The New Mutants; it has a circular relationship with X-Men 2000, irrespective of the 20 year interim
    Yes, it went "full circle". I love that.

The film came out this year?

Incredible Member

I know. Avengers 2. Ant-Man & Wasp. Thor 2. Thor: Ragnarok (a parody).

Thank God, 'The New Mutants' was brilliant.
    Yeah, it's so brilliant as a film concept that pretty much nobody wants anything further to do with it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-23-2021 at 05:22 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Yeah, it's so brilliant as a film concept that pretty much nobody .
    The concept comes from the comic book, with an added cinematic flavour from Nightmare 3.

The movie came out during the pandemy, and that hugely hurted its commercial appeal on so many levels.

Just don't watch it. I'm sure you will find more fun in "Scary Movie 3". It will remind you of Ragnarok and crappy movies like that. LOL.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I hate that "well they tried something different" defense of things. Just because it's different does not make it automatically good. In fact if you are going to do something different with and established property you damn well better make sure you make it good. The New Mutants failed on both accounts.
    New Mutants wasn't all that different, really.

Outside the MCU, comic book movies try to adapt the biggest story of their property, regardless of how well it would translate. We saw that with the DD movie, the first Suicide Squad, the first three X-Men movies and now with New Mutants.

Extraordinary Member

The movie is more a collection of disconnected scenes than a coherent story even before considering that bad character work, bad dialogue, and massive plot holes. It's an atrocious piece of work in every respect. I'm not sure how finishing 11th and behind movies that came out in 2019 makes it a 'hit.'
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 10-24-2021 at 07:46 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    The movie is more a collection of disconnected scenes than a coherent story even before considering that bad character work, bad dialogue, and massive plot holes.
    Absolutely not. It wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a visionary movie full of passion and atmosphere.
    The first 15 movies of that list are video hits. That's math, numbers. Nothing wrong with that. This movie was released during the pandemy, so we Fox fans are glad that it has been rediscovered on streaming and BD.

Incredible Member

The concept comes from the comic book, with an added cinematic flavour from Nightmare 3.

The movie came out during the pandemy, and that hugely hurted its commercial appeal on so many levels.

Just don't watch it. I'm sure you will find more fun in "Scary Movie 3". It will remind you of Ragnarok and crappy movies like that. LOL.
    Sorry you need to actually *READ* the New Mutants Comic Book rather than skim though some fannish web sites like the director,cast and others involved with the New Mutants Movie apparently did.

The Demon Bear Storyline in the New Mutants Comic has pretty much *NOTHING* in common with the garbage that showed up in the New Mutants movie other than a bear poping up and in this case doing a piss-poor job of mauling people despite the bald-faced lies that were made about it.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-24-2021 at 02:20 PM.