Page 93 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I know so many casual X-Fans who do not care for Storm because they only remember her from the movies as bland Halle Berry with those awful wigs and fluctuating accent. It doesn't help that during the same time, Storm (and several other major Marvel female characters) were basically shoved aside in the comics, all to promote a fake blonde who was the wet dream for all the Marvel writers and editors. There has been a lot of damage to Storm's reputation since the 90s when she was the premiere Marvel heroine and even more popular than Wonder Woman and if Marvel isn't careful with her depiction now, they might not be able to re-salvage her, especially when the First Class films failed Storm yet again. I still remember that nonsense about Apocalypse giving her the white hair and boosting her powers and I know the MCU sometimes like to play loose with comic canon so let's just hope that Storm doesn't get her hair or powers because of some side character.

Because of unfortunate real life events, we can't ever see T'Challa and Ororo as a couple on the big screen now. We've heard lots of rumors that Namor or Doctor Doom might debut in Black Panther 2 so I'm curious if Marvel will try and pair Ororo off with one of them instead. Or at least have one of them interested in her and pursue her.

The only reason I can think of as to why Monica didn't get yellow powers is because Carol already has the yellow/gold powers so maybe they felt it would make Monica a ripoff of her and the optics of that.
    there is so much truth in this post.

the foxmen was an absolute hot mess. not only was her true power achieved because of apocalypse but she also idolized mystique. like what the hell?

Chadwick passing was truly unfortunate. I didn't necessarily expect and onscreen romance but I was hopeful she would make a debut in BP2. I'm still hopeful it will still occur.

also good point about Carol. mcu gone rip from all the xmen before when they finally do appear there won't be any story to tell lol. it kinda goes to show how weak the avengers are when compared to the xmen especially of they ripping of of dark phoenix.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    But Monica, even though I do not like her that much, has her eyes glow in the comics when she uses her powers. Yeah, the first thing which came to mind when her eyes turned blue was Ororo as well, but Monica has the power to see energies of a different kind, not like the ones which Storm sees. I think that this was Faggie's try to test how he would visualize Storm's powers. Plus, we had another hint for Storm in the Wanda's show, it was the darkening sky that turned into a Storm during the Nexus's advertisement, as well and the letter X that was carved inside one of the sandwiches (it might have been V, but still looked like X to me at first).
    is Monica able to see energy in the comics? I can think of only one other character that could do that in the comics and that was Polaris but I don't even think she does that anymore.

I heard those same stupid rumors that Michael Fassbender might return as Magneto and all I can say is

I mean, who ever asked to see Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, and Tye Sheridan come back and reprise their roles??? I hope Evan Peters is the last link we have to the FauX-Men movies because my heart can't take any more of Fassbender playing the never-aging Magneto, JLaw as the disinterested blonde and human Mystique, or especially another watered down Storm, whose real name isn't even allowed to be said in the movies since it's too "foreign."
    I know it was tragic when I started to hear those rumors. like do xmen fans really need to be punished even further by bringing them things over to the mcu?

I even heard as recent as today jlaw would be cast as sue storm so maybe if they do being those actors over it won't be as xmen .
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    there is so much truth in this post.

the foxmen was an absolute hot mess. not only was her true power achieved because of apocalypse but she also idolized mystique. like what the hell?

Chadwick passing was truly unfortunate. I didn't necessarily expect and onscreen romance but I was hopeful she would make a debut in BP2. I'm still hopeful it will still occur.

also good point about Carol. mcu gone rip from all the xmen before when they finally do appear there won't be any story to tell lol. it kinda goes to show how weak the avengers are when compared to the xmen especially of they ripping of of dark phoenix.
    OMG I forgot that she idolized Mystique. Wasn't that the case for pretty much every new character in that movie, they were all Mystique fanboys or fangirls? I remember there was so much hype before the movie came out that we were finally going to see Ororo as a street urchin/thief in Cairo but they found a way to even mess that up. And all of Storm's powers were limited to basically just lightning in the movies, she didn't even get some epic flying scene with her soaring through the skies like both Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman have gotten now.

I wasn't sure how they'd go the route of a romance because of Nakia. I would still like to see Ororo and Nakia interact though. They could still reveal that Ororo and T'Challa were lovers in their youth and he was her first love and vice-versa, but I think the movie established that Nakia was his childhood sweetheart so maybe that wouldn't work. I wonder if Chadwick's passing makes it more likely or less likely that Ororo will show up now in BP2, but I still feel like she'd work especially since the first BP movie really focused on the female characters.

John Byrne's Dark Wanda story arcs were basically just him trying to replicate the Dark Phoenix Saga so that's not surprising. He did the same thing to a lesser extent with Sue Storm in the FF as Malice but I guess unlike Jean and Wanda, who got painted as crazy women who can't control their powers, Sue was protected from that same stigma because of the FF's family brand. I'm gonna count it as lucky that Byrne never tried to do that storyline with Ororo though, all we got was Cockrum and Claremont's Rogue Storm which never really left an impact.

is Monica able to see energy in the comics? I can think of only one other character that could do that in the comics and that was Polaris but I don't even think she does that anymore.

I know it was tragic when I started to hear those rumors. like do xmen fans really need to be punished even further by bringing them things over to the mcu?

I even heard as recent as today jlaw would be cast as sue storm so maybe if they do being those actors over it won't be as xmen .
    Yes, Monica can do that. I didn't realize Lorna could but her powers have always been inconsistent in the comics and I'm pretty sure Magneto could so it makes sense.

I heard that same JLaw rumor today and I'm sooo not for it. Can we keep her away from the MCU please? And all the other Fox actors, they give me PTSD.

Yes, Monica can do that. I didn't realize Lorna could but her powers have always been inconsistent in the comics and I'm pretty sure Magneto could so it makes sense.

I heard that same JLaw rumor today and I'm sooo not for it. Can we keep her away from the MCU please? And all the other Fox actors, they give me PTSD.
    The JLAw rumor is really fake. The director still working on spider-man 3, production didn't even started

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The JLAw rumor is really fake. The director still working on spider-man 3, production didn't even started
    Oh thank goodness. Thank you for confirming that and setting my heart at ease. Otherwise, everytime I would see her in the MCU, I would have to think to myself that this is who everyone in the FoX-Men universe stanned for no apparent reason.

Yep she can see the following energies and transform in them: "Not only can Monica see multiple forms of energy across the electromagnetic spectrum, but she can also transform herself and take on the properties of any of the spectrum's various forms of energy such as ultraviolet radiation, electricity, radio waves, infrared, cosmic rays, gamma rays, X-rays, microwaves, neutrinos, and simple visible light."

As per the article here.

Yeah, Magneto can do that as well, when his eyes glow, but he sees only the Magnetic Fields and energies, while Storm sees the Weather patterns and energies, there is a difference, I guess.

Where do you guys get all those news for Fox Actors making their way into the MCU... you can't be serious, right? I know that some of them were good (putting aside the poor script), but come on, some of those were terrible choices to represent Marvel's X-men. Looking at you Beast.

Hey now let's not tear down Monica to praise storm. Plenty of room for them both in the MCU, as well has the rest of our black female heroes. Parris is killing it and I can't wait to see her suit up as Photon/Spectrum.

BANNED

now watch storm not have any of that lolol. Ororo has been the template for so many characters, even ones who existed before her. its a testament to her greatness!
    She popularised dark skin and white hair. Before her no character had such attributes. She made glowing eyes when using powers look cool before it symbolised evil and possession. Storm doesn't follow trends she makes trends by well existing.

I don't know if anyone discussed this yet but the latest episode of Wanda/Vision showed Monica Rambeau manifesting blue eyes when she uses her powers and all I could think about is the injustice that we have never seen a blue-eyed Ororo Munroe in the movies. Praying that will change soon.
    Ok good someone else talking about it.

So when Her powers activated she could see the world as fields of energy, I was like I hope MCU Storm get the same intimate treatment. And when her eyes glowed blue I was like now hold on chick you doin too much

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Ok good someone else talking about it.

So when Her powers activated she could see the world as fields of energy, I was like I hope MCU Storm get the same intimate treatment. And when her eyes glowed blue I was like now hold on chick you doin too much
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt this way because I thought it was just me overreacting. When I saw those blue eyes, all I could think about is that they don't belong on your face Miss Rambeau, why are you poaching that from Ororo?

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who felt this way because I thought it was just me overreacting. When I saw those blue eyes, all I could think about is that they don't belong on your face Miss Rambeau, why are you poaching that from Ororo?
    They are not poaching it, Spectrum has those glowing eyes as well. It is not something new, it is part of her abilities. Her eyes glow only when she uses her powers and can preserve the world as Energy patterns of different things. I was angry at first as well, but then I found out that this was normal for Monica's powers. She is not copying anyone, it is part of her powerset.

Let's not bad mouth the girl, and see this as an attempt to recreate from comics how energy is preserved and an attempt with the blue eyes for our Goddess. I believe that was partially their aim. They wanted to test it before they use it on the more popular character like Storm. They also tested instant storm in that episode as well, during the Nexus Advertisement, they are preparing themselves for Storm's arrival. I can tell.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 02-21-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Hey now let's not tear down Monica to praise storm. Plenty of room for them both in the MCU, as well has the rest of our black female heroes. Parris is killing it and I can't wait to see her suit up as Photon/Spectrum.
    ^This. Honestly the way that the MCU seems to finally be doing right by POC characters makes me so excited for Storm’s debut. The Fox movies really only utilized the white men (and JLaw) in the franchise and it was such a shame.

BANNED

Please stop tearing down one black woman to prop another up its terrible, and we all know storm won't stand for it. Blue eyes though great on storm isn't what makes her unique. Maybe she would rather have cat eyes instead.

This Monica stuff sounds GOOOOD. i tried the first episode of wandavision when it came out and i saw what they were going for so decided to wait until they all air to watch but maybe i'll start now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/