Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

This is the kind of crap we get thanks to Marvel selling to Disney. Can you imagine if Spectacular Spider-Man could have been continued instead? Cartoons used to be nice for all ages, now they are excluding anyone over the age of 9.

UGGHHH ... frutrating.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is the kind of crap we get thanks to Marvel selling to Disney.
    Mostly the people in charge of Marvel Animation aren't directly tied to Disney to be honest. Disney by themselves are capable of doing great cartoons for kids of all ages like Gravity Falls, or Ducktales 2017.

I think it's the fact that Marvel wants all the resources and teenage eyes and ears to go to the MCU and Feige's stuff, and they don't see any reason to invest in animated programs for all ages.

The Disney toddler stuff as it is will be competing with YouTube Spider-Man/Elsa videos because toddlers generally like those videos a lot and they aren't discerning...and to be honest no adult can seriously prefer one over the other anyway.

So they call Miles Spin
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ....Gossip is for PMs, if you please.
    It isn't gossip when the person has publically admitted it (nor is it slander when it's true), but I digress.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

It's kind of surreal for me that we can get a normal Green Goblin and Rhino in this when we never even got that in the last two Spider-Man cartoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    This is the kind of crap we get thanks to Marvel selling to Disney. Can you imagine if Spectacular Spider-Man could have been continued instead? Cartoons used to be nice for all ages, now they are excluding anyone over the age of 9.

UGGHHH ... frutrating.
    I don't think it's fair to criticize this show for that versus, like, Ultimate and Marvel's Spider-Man which were ostensibly supposed to be more in that age group that Spectacular was aiming for than this.

At least this has good production values.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    cool animation. fun for kids. kudos!

.... "Spin"?
    I guess they had to logistically handle the "two guys calling themselves 'Spider-Man'" somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    cool animation. fun for kids. kudos!

.... "Spin"?
    I guess they had to logistically handle the "two guys calling themselves 'Spider-Man'" somehow.
    That's been a struggle for every Spider-Man cartoon since Ultimate.

BANNED

I wish the "Shadow Spider" moniker stuck. You'd have the Spider-man, the Shadow Spider, and the Ghost Spider.

I can't be mad at this, it's a cartoon for kids.
    But still, it's just so weird to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I wish the "Shadow Spider" moniker stuck. You'd have the Spider-man, the Shadow Spider, and the Ghost Spider.

Spectacular would probably have handled these characters better than the subsequent cartoons did, but they also had the best animated Peter Parker Spider-Man so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    The weird thing for me is everybody sound like 10 year olds and all the villains calling Peter "Spidey."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's been a struggle for every Spider-Man cartoon since Ultimate.
    Marvel is still super-evasive on why "Spider-Boy" is never an option...
    ... ah, they should never have created that hybrid character with DC in the 90s...

... ah, they should never have created that hybrid character with DC in the 90s...
    ...Isn't that basically Kid Arachnid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    dont worry someone will be mad for you
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Ugh, "boy" was used in derogatory fashion against African American men to mark them as not men in comparison to White men. You had people calling 20, 30 or 40 something year old black guys "boys." ("Go grab my bag, boy. . . Thanks, boy.") That's why older black people go out of their ways to call young black men in their teens and twenties "young man" instead of "boy." So an older black person will say to a 14 year old kid, "Good afternoon, young man." That's not obscure; that was in our history textbooks in high school.

Ignoring that, Spider-boy is a really stupid sounding name and is obviously a lesser title than Spider-man. Kid Arachnid is also stupid sounding and makes no sense, since the Bugle referred to Peter as "man" when he was 15. ("Oh no, fellas! It's Kid Arachnid!")
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 06-27-2021 at 07:21 PM.