Page 20 of 420 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Box Office

That's only 3.5% of a normal day in China.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Wouldn’t longer movie run times have the potential to limit how many total people visit a movie theater in a given day, though? Leading in to cutting back on how often any sanitation measures might need to be take , as well?

I’m sure there are thresholds that I’m just unwilling to do the math on.

Of course, both measures can be taken (less screen time + limiting number of screenings), just trying to consider how cutting out 30 minutes is effective when they’ve already been in the theater room for 2 hours.

Did you expect it to make what it did when all the movie chains were open? Half the movies chains are closed in china and only "safe" areas are open plus other then a new movie it's older films. The newer stuff comes in a few weeks. Add to that the stuff they are doing just to get in the door. Have to take a flu test, no drinks or food, masks the full movie, only so many people in one showing at once, no movies over 2 hours.

Plus this was just one day. It did pretty well with all that.

This weeks top films at the box office.
    1.Beauty and the Beast
    2. Iron man
    3. bohemian rhapsody
    4. jurassic park
    5. Goonies
    6. Relic
    7. Gremlins
    8. Ghostbusters
    9. Most wanted
    10. Jaws!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

New York will be setting up a floating cinema
    https://www.fox5ny.com/news/floating...ng-to-new-york

So a splash in. They have had those for years.

China box office this week. Dolittle is first and bloodshot is second. Next week there is jojo rabbit and sonic.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/dolittl...en-1202994337/

American box office should come later today. Will batb stay at number 1?

We have a new release movie in first place in america. With amc and other big chains it only made so much however.

https://deadline.com/2020/07/dave-fr...ce-1202994990/

1. The rental
    2. Karate kid (80s)
    3. Goonies
    4. Jurassic park
    5. Zootopia

UPDATE SUNDAY AM, AFTER PREVIOUS EXCLUSIVE: IFC’s Dave Franco horror movie The Rental is clearing $420,871 for the weekend from 251 theaters. Per theater average is $1,677. The movie is a solid 72% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. What’s amazing here is that this is arguably the second time during the massive exhibition pandemic shutdown that a new release after Universal/DreamWorks Animation’s Trolls World Tour, has topped the weekend box office. More impressive, it’s an indie movie.

Make no mistake, those movie theaters that are open and braving a marketplace of capped capacities are truly grateful for a new title like this.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-26-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Tenets new release date is for overseas it looks like. It will come out in most countries first them america gets it a month later! Will new mutants and mulan do the same?

So we get it last. Japan has been feeling that pain for years as it could takes months after the american release to get it there. And yes tenet spoilers will be all over the place online!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    China's first day of box office made over $500k on first day!

https://deadline.com/2020/07/china-c...us-1202989499/
    That doesn’t seem like a lot for China, a lot of of people are still too afraid to go back to theaters.
    Last edited by luprki; 07-27-2020 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Tenets new release date is for overseas it looks like. It will come out in most countries first them america gets it a month later! Will new mutants and mulan do the same?

So we get it last. Japan has been feeling that pain for years as it could takes months after the american release to get it there. And yes tenet spoilers will be all over the place online!
    Disney will let other companies be the guinea pig on this one there is no need to rush to make a decision. If Tenet does good then other people will follow after and release there stuff. New mutants I believe they will keep as one of first movies to be released in the US, It has big enough name to be a draw but they also don't care if it flops. It is perfect movie to be a crash test dummy. Mulan (and Black Widow) I think they are holding to be the first block buster when they are sure people will be back. I don't think they are willing to sacrifice a film that clearly has a big office potential just to get it out.

I personally don't understand why they keep pushing Tenet out door like it is the type of movie that is going to make a lot of money regardless of the situation.

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 07-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

*deleted post*
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I personally don't understand why they keep pushing Tenet out door like it is the type of movie that is going to make a lot of money regardless of the situation.
    It's the next big release from Christopher Nolan. In theory, that should do massive business. But at this rate, Tenet is going to end up having more missed release dates than New Mutants.

Anyone surprised? Anyone?

I dont even want to imagine how inconvenient it must be to go to the theater right now.

It's a shame the apt to watch movies at home is so terrible.