Guilty on all charges!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Guilty on all charges!
    Still possible he might file an appeal, but yeah guilty on ball charges.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Term limits will do more good than "age limits."

So would removal of parties AND special interest groups (if you leave one, it doesn't help with total reform).

Age limits don't save us from the Gaetz, Greenes, & Weiners.

I will take term limits first, although.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Term limits will do more good than "age limits."

So would removal of parties AND special interest groups (if you leave one, it doesn't help with total reform).

Age limits don't save us from the Gaetz, Greenes, & Weiners.

I will take term limits first, although.
    Without public funded elections, term limits will just mean those with the biggest corporate backing will win.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still possible he might file an appeal, but yeah guilty on ball charges.
    Yes of course he will appeal. Any lawyer would. And there is the sentencing phase. So things could still could go bad.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Super League is imploding, Derek Chauvin was found guilty, and I got my first COVID vaccine.

Today truly was a good day.

BANNED

Guilty on all 3 charges, justice has been served.

I hope this sends a message to all policemen, I will say this as a big comic book fan, with great power, comes great responsibility.

We need the police to protect us but we also need to rid society of bad cops abusing their powers, especially to many people of color.

God's speed George Floyd. May you rest in peace. Amen.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Guilty on all charges!
    Thank Goodness Indeed!

We all saw it happen, Justice Won!

By what I saw of the trial the Prosecution did their jobs very well.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Guilty on all charges!
    Just saw that. As Tami said, there is a strong possibility of an appeal and retrial thanks to Maxine Waters but at least it's an uphill battle for the defense now.
    Power with Girl is better.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Guilty on all charges!
    To be honest, I didn't expect that outcome. And yeah, while appeals are to be expected, at least Chauvin didn't get off scot free as I feared he might.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Just saw that. As Tami said, there is a strong possibility of an appeal and retrial thanks to Maxine Waters but at least it's an uphill battle for the defense now.
    What did Maxine Waters do that was so terrible? Wasn't the jury sequestered when she spoke out? Did they even hear what she said?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Don't get me started on Waters! That fucking hag potentially gave Chauvin's lawyers an opening with her horribly misguided, ill-timed and stupid as hell comments.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What did Maxine Waters do that was so terrible? Wasn't the jury sequestered when she spoke out? Did they even hear what she said?
    The judge himself said that what she said could create the circumstances for the whole trial being thrown out and a retrial. She called for more aggressive protests if Chauvin was found innocent. Uner the circumstances, that's equivalent to the Trump garbage that could only mean violent. Anyway, the Judge in the trial was the one who said it while refusing to go as far as to call a mistrial.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't get me started on Waters! That fucking hag potentially gave Chauvin's lawyers an opening with her horribly misguided, ill-timed and stupid as hell comments.
    I don't know why but I'm surprised you agree with me on that.

Worse, it caused people like Nancy Pelosi to claim it was not a call for violence which immediately caused Conservatives to point out that the Dems are doing the same thing they say the Republicans did when, in both cases, it was blatantly an incitation to violence.

Astonishing Member