Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member

This does sound good but most of those concepts did, and should be considered to be published.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This does sound good but most of those concepts did, and should be considered to be published.
    They’re all six issue minis apparently so I don’t get why we can’t just have them all. Do we really need 23 Batbooks? Do they all sell that well?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’re all six issue minis apparently so I don’t get why we can’t just have them all. Do we really need 23 Batbooks? Do they all sell that well?
    Only one way to find out-- and while we're at it, we can do more market research. Find out if 30 Batbooks are sustainable.

This seems pretty torturous to the creative teams sitting on their hands waiting for the Robins v Harley final battle.

I don't know, which Batbook is going to sell less than, for example, Ambush Bug mini?

All-New Member

What's really baffling is the sheer amount which are just about Bruce Wayne himself. Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point, Batman: Reptilian, Batman: The Adventures Continue II, Batman, Batman: The Detective, Batman: Urban Legends, Batman/Superman, Detective Comics, Legends of The Dark Knight, The Batman & Scooby-Doo Mysteries are all about Bruce Wayne alone! That's an insane amount of titles for one character. And while some are miniseries, Bruce still has 5 ongoings to himself (if you count Batman/Superman).

As for the Round Robin, Superman & Lois: Ignition sounds excellent, and it's a shame it lost. Looking at the list of titles, Superman & Lois: Ignition and Jesse Quick seemed like things that you think DC would be publishing anyway--Jesse has just been reintroduced, and Lois and Clark have their TV show. In that way, Ignition reminds me of how Marvel always makes sure that there's a new miniseries on the shelves whenever a character is featured in the MCU (i.e. the recent USAgent and Falcon & Winter Soldier miniseries. Either way, it sounded great, and the synopsis had me even more excited for it.

I'm also really surprised that Kyle Rayner has made it so far in the Round Robin. That's the biggest surprise here.

Urban Legends is anthology, I'm not sure if Bruce even has a story in it. That doesn't detract from your main point, but just a clarification.