Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Throwing my hat in the ring for preferring the half-mask. It keeps part of her "iconic" appearance but also I'm a sucker for free-flying hair.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Guess what?
    STEPH IS GONNA JOIN YOUNG JUSTICE OFFICIALLY!!!!!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ZLmW7hJ31/
    Didn't Bendis say there were plans for Tim and Steph in the bat books last month? Here: https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html
    Nrama: I’m just hoping for more Stephanie Brown. That’s who I would like to see.

Bendis: Oh, thank you. Yeah, no, people really responded well to Tim and Stephanie. There's Bat office plans with that stuff, I do know. So that’s being taken care of. But if it wasn't, I would've definitely grabbed both of them for something because, obviously, I'm enjoying writing them a great deal.
    Makes me think Steph's NOT joining the team... and will instead be taking Tim away after a couple of issues or so. If Amethyst goes too due to her solo, that would be two out, three in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

A vote here for half mask, though I prefer purple or black - bright blue seems wrong.

Obviously absolutely everyone is joining Young Justice. Naomi too. I wonder if Amethyst will depart now that she will have a 6-part miniseries (starting in Feburary I think).

Bendis is not going to be writing Young Justice much longer. He'll be co-writing with David Walker, which I guess means they'll have story conferences, and I hope the book will continue to be as much fun.

Walker is probably just there because Naomi is. And sales need to improve - Teen Titans outsells YJ now and it's been running longer. Though things aren't as bad as the sales for Champions were when Marvel axed it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Throwing my hat in the ring for preferring the half-mask. It keeps part of her "iconic" appearance but also I'm a sucker for free-flying hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    A vote here for half mask, though I prefer purple or black - bright blue seems wrong.

Obviously absolutely everyone is joining Young Justice. Naomi too. I wonder if Amethyst will depart now that she will have a 6-part miniseries (starting in Feburary I think).

Bendis is not going to be writing Young Justice much longer. He'll be co-writing with David Walker, which I guess means they'll have story conferences, and I hope the book will continue to be as much fun.
    Well, as I said previously, I'm still in the "domino" camp...makes sense, since my favorite Steph identities are Robin and Batgirl - but I like that the half-mask allows Steph to look less spooky, and more like her spunky, cheerful or angry self.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Didn't Bendis say there were plans for Tim and Steph in the bat books last month? Here: https://www.newsarama.com/47632-naom...ll-walker.html

Makes me think Steph's NOT joining the team... and will instead be taking Tim away after a couple of issues or so. If Amethyst goes too due to her solo, that would be two out, three in.
    I'm also somewhat confused - but maybe this is to wrap up what he did in #5, and send Steph off to the Batfamily again. Whatever it is, I'll take it. I've been missing my girl too much.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Well, as I said previously, I'm still in the "domino" camp...makes sense, since my favorite Steph identities are Robin and Batgirl - but I like that the half-mask allows Steph to look less spooky, and more like her spunky, cheerful or angry self.
    I think domino would make her look too similar to the Huntress.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I think domino would make her look too similar to the Huntress.
    Certainly in Huntress's current look! Good point.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Incredible Member

Aside from as Robin, has Steph ever worn a domino mask?

Careful what you wish for. They might ask Sean Murphy to redesign the costume!

I just don't think any look is as memorable as the full-face mask...it just feels more unique and "spooky" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryFisher View Post
    Guess what?
    STEPH IS GONNA JOIN YOUNG JUSTICE OFFICIALLY!!!!!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ZLmW7hJ31/
    WOW.. I canīt believe that I didnīt see this before.. Maybe because I was more busy than the usual.

THE REST OF CHARACTERS... AQUALAD? SIDEWAYS IS HERE... WTF.. ARROWETTE EXISTS here?

I THOUGHT THAT BENDIS SAID RECENTLY THAT STEPH WAS RESERVED FOR SOMETHING RELATED WITH BATMAN
    Despite the new Tynion runs seems more focused in the batcat..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-30-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Aside from as Robin, has Steph ever worn a domino mask?

Careful what you wish for. They might ask Sean Murphy to redesign the costume!
    Her cowl as Batgirl was similar to a domino, though with open eyes.

Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I actually don't dislike either the Burnside of Sean Murphy Batgirl designs. If they hired Murphy to redesign Steph's costume, at least that means they are spending money on Steph!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think any look is as memorable as the full-face mask...it just feels more unique and "spooky" to me.
    I agree it's very spooky - but that spookiness just feels wrong for Steph, to me. Ah, well.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    WOW.. I canīt believe that I didnīt see this before.. Maybe because I was more busy than the usual.
    I THOUGHT THAT BENDIS SAID RECENTLY THAT STEPH WAS RESERVED FOR SOMETHING RELATED WITH BATMAN[/B] Despite the new Tynion runs seems more focused in the batcat.
    HOPEFULLY! I mean, it could have both Bat/Cat AND Steph, right?

[QUOTE=millernumber1;4712328]I agree it's very spooky - but that spookiness just feels wrong for Steph, to me. Ah, well.
    It's hard for me to think it feels wrong when it was part of her look for so long.

I mean, as a mask it can be so expressive that it doesn't even need to come off as spooky.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Frontier;4712395]
    I agree it's very spooky - but that spookiness just feels wrong for Steph, to me. Ah, well.
    It's hard for me to think it feels wrong when it was part of her look for so long.

I mean, as a mask it can be so expressive that it doesn't even need to come off as spooky.
    To me, the pre-Flashpoint half mask is more cuteness than spookyness. Just look at the impressions shown on the mask, so cute.

I agree that it's part of her original look...but I just don't love it as much as her Robin and Batgirl looks. Doesn't mean I don't get super excited whenever I see any Steph showing up!

And I agree it can be expressive - Pete and Rebecca Woods in Robin back in the early 2000s made her super cute, and some of the artists have also made her very angsty looking.

[QUOTE=GaryFisher;4712621]

To me, the pre-Flashpoint half mask is more cuteness than spookyness. Just look at the impressions shown on the mask, so cute.
    Agreed. Especially on Kris Anka's version. How can you resist this cuteness?

Agreed. Especially on Kris Anka's version. How can you resist this cuteness?

I am not against the mask.. But I prefer this because I love to see her cuteness too..