Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    One of the most obscure Legion era characters, I'd love to see developed further is ...
    Soljer
    Dude's got a great look, great (catchy) name, and great premise. He should "live" to fight again.
    Not a huge fan of him, specifically, but there are a ton of minor Legion-adjacent characters I'd like to see more of, like Prince Pharoxx, or Organus, or Lazon, of the League of Super-Assassins, or Xera of Manna-5, or the Silver Sword, or Quantum Queen, of the Wanderers, or Gas Girl and Evolvo Lad, of the Heroes of Lallor. Plus even more -adjacent folks, like Nightwind, Crystal Kid, Gravity Kid and Variable Lad (who is technically 'dead,' but he got 'killed' by being turned into gas, and we *saw him turn into gas two pages earlier,* so I'm not having it!).

I'm also a sucker for those one-off theme-teams that would show up all the time in Batman & the Outsiders, like the Masters of Disaster, or the People's Heroes (okay, not them, so much...), or the Agents of Liberty, or Strike Force Kobra, or the New Olympians. Maybe not every member of every team, but some, like Windfall and New Wave, or Silent Majority, or Planet Master, or Nox, intrigued me.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I see the lapsed Quality characters are finally getting some love in the new thread, gonna share them here too!
    And reiterate, they really should make a Quality-Team (Separate from the Freedom Fighters) with several of the underutilized characters:

Could make their own Quality League, some very loose analogs:

Plasticman (for Superman only in as much as he's their most recognizable, and he does sometimes have the spit-curl!)
    Wildfire (Carol Vance Martin) for Wonder Woman
    Alias the Spider (for Green Arrow)
    Lady Luck (for Black Canary)
    Neon the Unknown (for Green Lantern )
    Quicksilver (as Max Mercury) for The Flash
    Invisible Hood (for Martian Manhunter)
    Spider Widow & the Raven (for Hawkwoman & Hawkman
    Firebrand
    Madame Fatal (She really is her own, the first gender bending hero)
    Kid Eternity (for Zatanna
    The Red Bee (for Batman LOL!)
    And I’m sure that Bozo the Iron Man would be an interesting choice as well. I wasn’t quite sure if he was sentient or simply needed to be controlled by Hugh Hazzard though.

Ultimate Member

I perversely want Red Bee to be a big deal, somehow. Maybe he somehow gets the ability to use chemical sprays or a transmitter to control swarms of thousands of bees, or something. Or he just finds / genetically engineers a rare species of bee that is a thousand times more toxic, and uses them singly to take out people who have no idea that a single bee is going to fly up to them unnoticed and take them out. (A non-assassin-y version would carry a bandolier of epi-pens, and save people at the last second, after they've fallen over and half-suffocated from anaphylaxis, making him a scary sort of vigilante hero.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And I’m sure that Bozo the Iron Man would be an interesting choice as well. I wasn’t quite sure if he was sentient or simply needed to be controlled by Hugh Hazzard though.

I have a fondness for Quality characters. I wish more was done with them.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I don't know sometimes he seems to be his own, other's he's remote control, and then others Hazzard just gets inside him like wearing a Robo Suit LOL!

The only real truth is; Bozo & Bender, Hazzard & Fry really need to all team- up!

Last edited by Güicho; 06-09-2020 at 05:29 AM.

BANNED

I don't know if he counts, but I've been a huge mark for Killer Moth from Batman ever since encountering him as the first boss of the Batman NES game. What continues to intrigue to this day is that Sunsoft chose this pretty obscure Batman villain to showcase as the opening boss to what was, at the time, the biggest Batman video game.

Also, the first stage theme "Streets of Desolation" should seriously be a big Batman song, like the 60s show theme song, and Elfman and Zimmer's themes. If Sunsoft owns the rights to it, WB should buy them.

What about firestorms classmate moonbow?

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Gypsy, Steel (HaywoodIII), Halo, Looker, Orion, Arak, Nocturna, Argent, and tons more.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Gypsy, Steel (HaywoodIII), ...
    Add Vixen and Vibe (who although have gotten a push still remain ton the periphery)
    Honestly wish the way Batman's Outsiders keep getting revisited.
    I wish Manhunter's spin-off team would getting a revisit too.

Especially with most of them having a CW incarnation, any one of the crossover events, could have had a moment where they team-up in acknowledgement of their infamous Detroit era.

As a team....

J'onzz: In the end it's your friendship I've come to value most. Believe it or not, Vibe -- that includes you. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-17-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Vic Sage

Also Gypsy, Looker, Halo, and Ralph

Incredible Member

Flamebird (Bette kane)- I first read her in Bombshells but I knew about her thanks to Wikipedia. I then started digging into her previous appaerances. I love most of it. She desires to come back. She's the first Bat-Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Flamebird (Bette kane)- I first read her in Bombshells but I knew about her thanks to Wikipedia. I then started digging into her previous appaerances. I love most of it. She desires to come back. She's the first Bat-Girl!
    I do love that she got a second life, and although I get it's supposed to somewhat similarly "partner" Grayson's adoption of the Kryptonian Nightwing name for his adult persona, the name Flamebird for her never clicked for me.
    I guess Fiery Phoenix was taken, and Firebird, well also taken...

Last edited by Güicho; 10-22-2020 at 08:04 PM.

Incredible Member

I do love that she got a second life, and although I get it's supposed to somewhat "partner" Grayson's adoption of the Kryptonian Nightwing name for his adult persona, the name Flamebird for her never clicked for me.
    I guess Fiery Phoenix was taken, and Firebird, well also taken...

She has an appreciation thread in the Batman section if you want to check it out.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Man, the Olsen-Superman team of Nightwing and Flamebird is one of my favorite ideas that DC ever had! The very first DC comic that I ever remember falling in love with had a ton of Nightwing and Flamebird stories, and it was amazing!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."