Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Which is a shame, but then that seems to be the logic --- better to take risks and be hated for them than play it safe and have nobody really care one way or the other. The attention economy, or something like that, I think it's called nowadays.
    Yeah, it's like how do you get noticed in a sea of mediocrity. You have to do something shocking and outrageous and see what happens.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, it's like how do you get noticed in a sea of mediocrity. You have to do something shocking and outrageous and see what happens.
    Or in cruder terms, throw s*** at the wall and see what sticks.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It did have some amazing art for most of the run by Schitti.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    It did have some amazing art for most of the run by Schitti.
    That was the best part. Schitti did some great work.

Astonishing Member

I've been reading silver age Iron Man and the phrase "transistor powered armor" is getting annoying. He doesn't say transistor anymore does he?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I've been reading silver age Iron Man and the phrase "transistor powered armor" is getting annoying. He doesn't say transistor anymore does he?
    LOL. No he doesn't. That was really a sign of the times.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Transistors were the nanotech of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Transistors were the nanotech of the time.
    Tiny machines that could nonetheless greatly magnify the power and efficiency of all kinds of technological devices. That said, in retrospect, Extremis (and then Bleeding Edge) was a sensible modern update to that concept, and having them integrated with human biology to magnify the power and efficiency of a human body's processes . . . well, I'm a sucker for a good transhumanist take on superheroes, considering that a lot of superheroes, at least by origin, are basically enhanced humans.

Why War Machine took over the Iron Man duties from Tony Stark. https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-war-mac...ed-tony-stark/

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Why War Machine took over the Iron Man duties from Tony Stark. https://www.cbr.com/iron-man-war-mac...ed-tony-stark/
    I actually had some of the comics from that period when I was growing up. Interesting times. And yeah, I could see Armor Wars in the MCU on Disney+ next year ending in a similar place with Rhodey becoming the new Iron Man.

And then he could be the Iron Man that inspires Ironheart. It would make sense for her to be inspired by a black guy becoming Iron Man.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And then he could be the Iron Man that inspires Ironheart. It would make sense for her to be inspired by a black guy becoming Iron Man.
    I don't think they would take away from Tony's supposed role in her life to that extent...in fact I could see Rhodey being concerned about her stealing the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they would take away from Tony's supposed role in her life to that extent...in fact I could see Rhodey being concerned about her stealing the armor.
    If they go with the backstory established where she reverse-engineered an earlier Iron Man model, Rhodey might be more concerned with her being a target for bad actors wanting to get their hands on a functional replica of the Iron Man Armor.

She's a tech person so it would make more sense for Tony to inspire her than Rhodey. She tried to build her own armor, not become a pilot in the military.

Of course I wish Tony was still alive for it, but I’m very interested in the Armor Wars series. I think RiRi is going to be BIG and it will be a chance for Don Cheadle to get his turn in the spotlight. It would be cool if Tony was the AI for RiRi like in the comics, but I won’t be holding my breath.