Page 20 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I have no idea what Hickman will possibly have these two do for 40 pages. Any discussion between them is a mine field given their philosophies. They've sort of buried the hatchet in Jeen's solo so best leave the past in the past. For me this only works if Hickman keeps it entirely action focused with no more than a handful of sentences of interpersonal dialogue.

Of course given that Duggan had a free enough hand to make Kitty a monster this week, this could go any way imaginable. The guide rails are completely off at this point. I was begging for this book a year ago. Now I'm just hoping the damage is minimal. Somehow this went from bad to good to worse.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I see this topic turned into, once again, into Jean fear-mongering. *le sigh* The book will be fine. Emma and Jean will both be portrayed well but let's face it there are still gonna be people who have a problem with this issue because there are people on here who have a "specific" image in their heads of how Jean should/speak/act/fight at all times.
    Personally I'm not in favor of comic book writing becoming a game of Mad Libs. Consistent and recognizable characters are expected. It because of how they "speak/act/fight at all times" that makes them more than just paper dolls with interchangeable hair and outfits.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Le sigh. We should just make an appreciation thread for Hickman's alleged hatred of Jeansus and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Leah williams is a horrible writer. Can we just keep her away from the Xmen in general?
    I think she is pretty good. I liked some of her parts in Age of X-man. She did well with Northstar, Iceman, and Rictor. I think her online persona is fun but will always rub others the wrong way. I don’t always agree with her opinions but I like that she is a lgbt writer and she has potential. She does like Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I think she is pretty good. I liked some of her parts in Age of X-man. She did well with Northstar, Iceman, and Rictor. I think her online persona is fun but will always rub others the wrong way. I don’t always agree with her opinions but I like that she is a lgbt writer and she has potential. She does like Jean.
    She also won awards for her Magik one-shot. And Black: Emma Frost was fine outside the horrible retcon stripper thing.

If this upcoming comic does not make phoenixzero happy, I will write a short, polite, but disappointed email to the X-Office.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She also won awards for her Magik one-shot. And Black: Emma Frost was fine outside the horrible retcon stripper thing.
    Was that even on Williams? I thought that came either from the origin series or that weird one-shot Val D'arzino did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Was that even on Williams? I thought that came either from the origin series or that weird one-shot Val D'arzino did.
    That’s where most of the criticism of that comic comes from and it isn’t even on LW, it was something already established and further expanded on by Fraction. It feels wrong to judge the Emma Frost issue off of other writers’ works, but here we are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    If this upcoming comic does not make phoenixzero happy, I will write a short, polite, but disappointed email to the X-Office.
    Our baby has been very negative lately and it hurts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yeah, it was from the Origin series. Can't fault a writer for following established canon, no matter how dumb it may be.

Yeah, it was from the Origin series. Can't fault a writer for following established canon, no matter how dumb it may be.
    To be fair, you faulted Bunn for following established canon with her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To be fair, you faulted Bunn for following established canon with her
    I don't fault Bunn, I fault Editorial for putting Emma in that dumb position in the first place.

I don't think she even knew about any other Emma origin

anyway writers ignore things when they want

"She didn't knew about generation X Emma and Monet. I see many of Emma fans taking the new origin as fact instead of a retcon"
    perfectly normal thing, not everyone know x story is a retcon.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-26-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I odn't think she even knew about any other Emma origin

So do posters

Speaking of, aren’t posters supposed to refrain from
    Trashing writers, instead focusing on specific works? Per board rules.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I odn't think she even knew about any other Emma origin

She's a huge fan of Emma, why would she not know her origin story?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She's a huge fan of Emma, why would she not know her origin story?
    She didn't knew about genration X Emma and Monet. I see many of Emma fans taking the new origin as fact instead of a cheap retcon

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    So do posters

Speaking of, aren’t posters supposed to refrain from
    Trashing writers, instead focusing on specific works? Per board rules.
    I'm not trashing writers. I already explained why I think Leah might not know about Emma origin
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-26-2019 at 02:41 PM.