Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Eye Boy confessed to Lin which was nice.

But honestly why was Lin so attached to this world I don’t understand!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Eye Boy confessed to Lin which was nice.

But honestly why was Lin so attached to this world I don’t understand!
    I think she made some really good friends with the worms, bugs, trees, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think she made some really good friends with the worms, bugs, trees, etc....
    I mean a few things still confuse me. Did all the characters remember everything before they were sent back?

The impression I got from buying every issue of every series is some did and some didn’t?
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 07-17-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I mean a few things still confuse me. Did all the characters remember everything before they were sent back?

The impression on guy from buying every issue of every series is some did and some didn’t?
    Yeah, they remember everything. What implied they didn’t?

Amazing Member

So is Apocalypse just a genocidal lunatic again?

They all remembered everything, but their lifes on the AOXM world was what was fresh in ther minds. So some of them were attached to it. I guess that for Lin specifically, the nature there was better and more in peace than in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by greyspawn View Post
    In short, he wanted to stay in this world even though he knew he had to go back. In order for him to stay and help Nate rebuild the World again, he had to sacrifice his good side which stayed in the AOX and sent the bad parts of Magneto back into 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I don´t think he separated his good and bad side, it looks to me like he wanted to stay but knew he needed to go to his own world so in exchange of not killing Nate and his world he asked for his AOX version to stay and help Nate make a better world without a secret police, x-men or apocalypse around. It was a nice end imo but I would like if it was explained a little better, like for example how will this affect Magneto on hickman story, well, lest just wait and see.
    What? I haven't read it yet. Is this some editorial mandate? Separating his good and bad self? That's idiotic. Magneto is way too complex for something like that. Hickman had better be way too smart to buy that kind of crap. I need to read. How does his AoXM self differ from his usual self? Wouldn't his AoXM self be like an astral-plane-like doppelganger of Magneto, since Nate can recreate him as he wishes in his own world? No way would Magneto allow parts of his mind, his memory, his psyche to be torn from his whole. Someone explain this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They all remembered everything, but their lifes on the AOXM world was what was fresh in ther minds. So some of them were attached to it. I guess that for Lin specifically, the nature there was better and more in peace than in the real world?
    Makes sense.

And yeah, Zac basically said what you did in his reply to me.

https://twitter.com/zacbethompson/st...034720256?s=21
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 07-17-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    What? I haven't read it yet. Is this some editorial mandate? Separating his good and bad self? That's idiotic. Magneto is way too complex for something like that. Hickman had better be way too smart to buy that kind of crap. I need to read. How does his AoXM self differ from his usual self? Wouldn't his AoXM self be like an astral-plane-like doppelganger of Magneto, since Nate can recreate him as he wishes in his own world? No way would Magneto allow parts of his mind, his memory, his psyche to be torn from his whole. Someone explain this to me.
    I don't know if he separated his AoXM persona out or not, but was either that or Nate copied that persona and made a new version of AoXM Magneto to help him world build.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Maybe rather than sacrificing the good side of himself, what he gave up was the peace that the Age of X-Man had granted his soul hence his form that remained behind had the appearance he had within that reality. So while he may remember the reality just as tge others do, the peace granted by those experiences is hollow due to that part of himself being missing. Kinda like when Carol’s memories were restored after her experience with Rogue but the emotional connections were missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't know if he separated his AoXM persona out or not, but was either that or Nate copied that persona and made a new version of AoXM Magneto to help him world build.
    Yes, I just read it. Magneto says "a part of him" knows that he must return to continue his story, and a part of him wants to remain. Nothing about separating into "good and evil" parts. Then Nate says, he can do both, but he has to leave so he can stay. We see Magneto, our Magneto, leave and then another version of him appears; dressed differently with a different hair cut, etc. This is Nate's version of Magneto who is staying to help him rebuild the world. This AU Magneto is asked, what he would sacrifice to build a new world. I think this is a split, a quantum mechanical split and both are the complete Magneto. One will stay in Nate's world where mutants are safe and in charge, the other (our Mags) returns to 616 to face all the usual sh*t with all the same complexities of personality he's always had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    So is Apocalypse just a genocidal lunatic again?
    Oh, I hope so!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

He never stopped being one. Apocalypse's memories weren't changed. His persona also didn't change. It was an act.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

So is Nate stuck like an old man when they go back?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    So is Nate stuck like an old man when they go back?
    Nate doesn't go back, so yeah.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey