Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Blaze and Fitzroy were both killed when Dani was bringing Cortez to Emma. They died off-panel.
    they were all resurrected with no explanation, to be killed again
    Fitzroy technically has no soul, which I think makes him immortal, like Nightcrawler. He died and was resurrected without a soul by Layla Miller, that is what corrupted and made him evil. But in order for writers to do something about it they first should care about continuity and bother to read comics, or at least a wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Whoops. I was referring to a panel when Logan visits Madrox and Layla.
    I’m choosing to ignore reality and pretending Rosenberg wrote a scene that involves him (meaning Rosenberg) getting publicly dommed by his wife.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Fitzroy technically has no soul, which I think makes him immortal, like Nightcrawler. He died and was resurrected without a soul by Layla Miller, that is what corrupted and made him evil. But in order for writers to do something about it they first should care about continuity and bother to read comics, or at least a wiki.
    But aren't editors also suppose to catch stuff like this if writers forget things...

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    But aren't editors also suppose to catch stuff like this if writers forget things...
    That's what Hickman meant when he said that X-continuity is such a snarl. It means "We can't be asked to do the most basic of research, just wing it and let the fans cry."

Trevor's a time traveller. I didnt read X-Factor but its easy enough for to accept that this is a version of himself that was warned of his original death and avoided it. Its a no prize answer that isnt too farfetched

In the end continuity depends more on the writer than the editor. Spencer, Slott and Ewing for example are very good at that.

Ewing is practically the avatar of the Marvel Database.

Hickman continuity has always been super tight even with retcons because of his world-building fetish.

Editors are paid to get books finished and not dwell on minor continuity like the current state of some 90's loser's soul. So yeah, that's a writer's job, for better or worse.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yes, Hickman does his homework with continuity.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Trevor's a time traveller. I didnt read X-Factor but its easy enough for to accept that this is a version of himself that was warned of his original death and avoided it. Its a no prize answer that isnt too farfetched
    that happened before his first time travel (dying and getting resurrected), but then, Sienna Blaze was definitely killed in the Neverland concentration camp, in Tieri's Weapon X, and she was alive here.
    The only good explanation for so many things with no explanation is that the world changed after 2014 Secret Wars when a new universe was created. So, continuity before 2014 is to a large degree irrelevant.

god, remember when hickman wanted to completely rework the concept of nathaniel richards from scratch

so he created a convoluted nathaniel richards battle royale just so he could have a panel of the original byrne version of the character being strangled to death and then in the letters pages call him AU trash while his nathaniel was the true one, and also the last one in the MULTIVERSE

the most powerful continuity flex of all time
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman continuity has always been super tight even with retcons because of his world-building fetish.

Editors are paid to get books finished and not dwell on minor continuity like the current state of some 90's loser's soul. So yeah, that's a writer's job, for better or worse.
    Forget about Fitzroy. It seems everybody has forgotten Nightcrawler has no soul.

Mighty Member

that happened before his first time travel (dying and getting resurrected), but then, Sienna Blaze was definitely killed in the Neverland concentration camp, in Tieri's Weapon X, and she was alive here.
    The only good explanation for so many things with no explanation is that the world changed after 2014 Secret Wars when a new universe was created. So, continuity before 2014 is to a large degree irrelevant.
    Well Siena came back during Necrosha. Maybe she pulled a cypher .. I mean thats an easy way for many characters to cheat death.. Synch, Risque, and the Hellions could all pop up and just say I escaped dying at Necrosha

Forget about Fitzroy. It seems everybody has forgotten Nightcrawler has no soul.
    who and how was that supposed to comem into play?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    who and how was that supposed to comem into play?
    he was all dark an edgy with Lemire
    Guggenheim had him get imapled a few times and not die because he has no soul

if it isnt a plot point and has no consequences, then having no soul is good, it just makes you immortal

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, Hickman does his homework with continuity.
    Although he is not above ignore stupid ideas; for example, the Beyonder being an Inhuman.