Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham TV Show

I don't want to see Bruce every week. Or Alfred, really. I want to see more of Fish Mooney. Preferably in evening gowns.

BANNED

I'm going to watch it, The Goyerlessness has me hopefull but not too hopeful. I hope they don't move at to low of a pace, I hope we get to ditch the 12 year old Bruce and get some sembalnce of Batman soon.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    You mean like a show about Clark Kent in High School? How could that be any good?
    Yeah, many people spent 7 seasons of Smallville wondering if they would ever find a way to make it good. The Solution? Get him the f#ck out of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    We could argue that, and each would probably have valid opinions. But it also lasted 10 seasons and was one of the biggest hits for WC, so the idea that Gotham won't last is dubious. Which is what Goldarmy claimed)
    Lasting a long time in the CW is not that big of a feat, their requirements for raitings are considerably low. This is FOX, they cancel shows all the time. If Gotham does the same raitings Smallville or Supernatural did it would be gone by the first season.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Yeah, many people spent 7 seasons of Smallville wondering if they would ever find a way to make it good. The Solution? Get him the f#ck out of high school.
    He was only in high school 4 years. They spent 3 more wondering how to get him out of high school after he was out?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Lasting a long time in the CW is not that big of a feat, their requirements for raitings are considerably low. This is FOX, they cancel shows all the time. If Gotham does the same raitings Smallville or Supernatural did it would be gone by the first season.
    Well yeah, no one's saying it can only do CW ratings, just that people predicted the demise of many shows that keep going on (how we use Agents of Shield as our example then?) Although with "24" getting around 6 million viewers and "The Following" around 5 million, they might be happy with Smallville's WB era 5.9 and 6.3 million seasons as long as costs are less than "Amost Human" was.

The fact that they've pre-sold rerun rights to Netflix probably also helps.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    He was only in high school 4 years. They spent 3 more wondering how to get him out of high school after he was out?
    Oh, yeah, you are right... wait, then what excuse does it have for sucking for the extra three years, then?

Well yeah, no one's saying it can only do CW ratings, just that people predicted the demise of many shows that keep going on (how we use Agents of Shield as our example then?) Although with "24" getting around 6 million viewers and "The Following" around 5 million, they might be happy with Smallville's WB era 5.9 and 6.3 million seasons as long as costs are less than "Amost Human" was.

It probably wont cost less, there would have to be some special effects to keep it from being L&O: Gotham. Your Agents of Shield example is on the money, though. It had a ton of viewers from it riding on the Avenger's coat tails and this can do the same with the Nolan Trilogy and Batman V Superman. And the Netflix does help. Though Fox is notoriously less forgiving than NBC, they do seem to have a fighting chance.

You've convinced me that this might be on the air for at least a couple of seasons and the Goyerlessness is still a breathe of fresh air tells me that it might just be good. I just hope it doesn't dissapoint as bad as Constantine did.

BTW, Is this connected with any other show in some way? Because it probably would be smart for them to claim this is the prequel to Affleck's Batman, seeing as that one would be about 40 by the time of BVS.

Gotham finally begins tonight, after many months of waiting.

I've been, as noted above, waiting and waiting and waiting, and can hardly wait any longer, until I can finally watch it, sometime tommorrow.

Jim Gordon, Harvey Bullock, Selina Kyle, Edward Nygma, Oswald Cobblepot, Fish Mooney, Bruce Wayne, Pamela Ivy, Alfred Pennyworth - and the dark, dank and treacherous streets of Gotham City, a beast in of itself.

I won't have to count down the days until it begins. I won't have to ask either of my parents how many there are left until then. I'm just so happy.

One of my most eagerly anticipated live-action comic book shows this year/season.

I hope it does well and all of this wait was worth it.

Incredible Member

I'm getting really excited for this show now too. Originally I was kinda cold on it, but now as it has approached, my excitement has risen a lot. Though I'm more excited for Flash, it's in my top five upcoming shows I'm most looking forward to. It likely comes in third after Flash, and How to Get Away with Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I'm getting really excited for this show now too. Originally I was kinda cold on it, but now as it has approached, my excitement has risen a lot. Though I'm more excited for Flash, it's in my top five upcoming shows I'm most looking forward to. It likely comes in third after Flash, and How to Get Away with Murder.
    I'm definitely going to be watching Flash. Going to get my parents to watch HTGWM, with them into stuff like Columbo, Murder, She Wrote, Castle and Bones, so will hopefully enjoy this. Just seems like the kind of thing they'd enjoy, though they don't watch Greys' Anatomy or Scandal, so wonder will they be into a Shonda Rhimes show?

Also, love how every Monday, it's Gotham and Sleepy Hollow - a supernatural show and a comic book show.

Soon, every Tuesday, The Flash and Supernatural - a supernatural show and a comic book show. I'll be delighted, really.

What are your own hopes or expectations for the show, Gotham?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I'm definitely going to be watching Flash. Going to get my parents to watch HTGWM, with them into stuff like Columbo, Murder, She Wrote, Castle and Bones, so will hopefully enjoy this. Just seems like the kind of thing they'd enjoy, though they don't watch Greys' Anatomy or Scandal, so wonder will they be into a Shonda Rhimes show?

Also, love how every Monday, it's Gotham and Sleepy Hollow - a supernatural show and a comic book show.

Soon, every Tuesday, The Flash and Supernatural - a supernatural show and a comic book show. I'll be delighted, really.

What are your own hopes or expectations for the show, Gotham?
    As a huge fan of Arrow, and having been a fan of Grant's since his start on Glee, I'm pumped for the show.

Just to point out, HTGAWM isn't actually by Shonda Rhimes. Her company is producing it, but it was created by a former writer of hers.

I'm hoping myself for a dark and gritty look on the Gotham streets, that deals with the different gangs running throughout the city, along with the corruption that has formed, and Gordon's fledgling attempts to end it all. I'm also excited about some of the villain origins, especially seeing Penguin rise through the ranks, and life on the street for young Selina Kyle. Plus, hopefully getting to explore the GCPD and see Gordon torn between Barbara and Sarah will be interesting to watch on screen.

I'm really hoping that Gotham City is personified in its own right too, and is more than just the city the series takes place in.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post

As far as I am concerned both Supernatural and Smallville are excellent shows. My friends and I are continually doing Smallville marathons as we love to re-watch the show over and over again. I really do enjoy Supernatural as that show is just totally awesome; it's far more entertaining than The Vampire Diaries in my opinion.

aka "The Watchdog" 8BitRedBeard's Avatar

Could Black Mask be a possibility?

Hopefully this show predominantly focuses on Gotham PD, criminals other city officials and celebrities.

Bruce Wayne isn't too interesting right now and I can't imagine Alfred will have too much to do.

So far so good for the first 15 minutes. Worried about how they are trying to hamfist Selina in. I think its cool if you want to show her, but her hoping from roof tops as a little kid in a live action setting didn't work for me. The fire escape is fine, but no kids going to travel by rooftop in a large metropolitan city.
    The J-man

Watching it right now too. Great cinematography. Love the kid who is playing Bruce. Gordon and Bullock are super solid so far.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Watching it right now too. Great cinematography. Love the kid who is playing Bruce. Gordon and Bullock are super solid so far.
    It has a strong visual presence that is for sure. I loved Riddler and Penguin. The take on Alfred is so different. He is basicly an *******. Is this the first time he has been portrayed as such.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

I didn't have much hope for this show given that prequels generally don't appeal to me. This was actually a pleasant surprise though, not great but a solid start. The deaths of Thomas and Martha Wayne have always had an emotional impact on me and I feel FOX handled the more touching scenes well here. They also did a good job of making James Gordon pretty bad-ass in his first scene. Donal Logue is quite good as Harvey Bullock and Jada Pinkett Smith gives a pretty good performance as well. Some of the easter eggs felt heavy handed but I feel like I need to rewatch it just to catch all of them.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

gotta say, it was better than i thought.