Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

I didn't like it. Daniels' art has seen better days, most of the dialog made me physically cringe, but most importantly - NONE of the characters feel true to themselves. Why the hell are Joker and Riddler going along with this sh*t? And I guess the War of Jokes and Riddles was part of Bane's keikaku too since they're buddies now?

I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by cgiants View Post
    Maybe it's me, but I'm tired of the villians taking over an entire city. Isn't Gotham the size of New York City? How the hell is Bane taking over Gotham? Since Bane has taken over Gotham, shouldn't the US government be aware of this? Why does it always seem like Gotham is in it's own little world, and there are no other heroes in the universe to help out Gotham. I need to start reading other comic books.
    Not to mention, where's the rest of the Batfamily? Jason and Dick sorta get a pass since they could be elsewhere, but the others?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Not to mention, where's the rest of the Batfamily? Jason and Dick sorta get a pass since they could be elsewhere, but the others?
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't get some kind of answer to this, particularly re: Gordon and Tim since Batman wound up alienating them because he was so convinced Bane was behind a grand conspiracy and they were convinced (for good reason) that he wasn't.

I'm unconcerned about the relative realism of Bane taking over all of Gotham just as I'm unconcerned about the relative realism of anything that happens in comic books.

When someone says something like 'Batman couldn't have possibly taken out that many ninjas' or any of the other, similar complaints in King's run or elsewhere, all I can think is "I guess you don't 'believe a man can fly' then. You should watch the first Superman movie."

Call them "What Ifs," call them "Elseworlds," or call them in continuity... They're all "imaginary stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Jason is not exactly on good terms with Bruce right now. That was made clear both in Red Hood AND a previous Batman issue.

Dick is still "Ric" (ugh).

And Bruce punched Tim out of nowhere. And it was done right in front of the ones that had shown up to support Bruce. So, that may have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Jason is not exactly on good terms with Bruce right now. That was made clear both in Red Hood AND a previous Batman issue.

And Bruce punched Tim out of nowhere. And it was done right in front of the ones that had shown up to support Bruce. So, that may have something to do with it.
    Batman's not on good terms with anyone he's been close to except for Selina (as of #75). Bane's seen to it that every one of his relationships has fallen apart.

That said, Bruce and Jason put their differences aside at the beginning of Event Leviathan #2.

My general thoughts on this post are in my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I know one of the things King has said when talking about Batman stories and his own run, is that while he loves Knightfall, he was disappointed in the ending, which was more or less Batman wins by punching Bane harder than before, so his plan for the climax of this story is to have Batman outsmart Bane and not simply beat him in another fist-a-cuffs. Which I am really curious to see, especially how "uberly omnipresent" Bane has been through the entire run, I wanna see what the conclusion Batman and Catwoman come to in order to defeat him.
    But...that wasn't the ending to Knightfall.

Batman didn't even beat Bane. Well, Jean-Paul as Batman did, but he didn't punch him out, he took out his venom and terrified the bajeebus out of him.

That sounds more like the conclusion to "I am Bane" then Knightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Batman's not on good terms with anyone he's been close to except for Selina (as of #75). Bane's seen to it that every one of his relationships has fallen apart.

That said, Bruce and Jason put their differences aside at the beginning of Event Leviathan #2.

My general thoughts on this post are in my post above.
    Yeah, they really "made up", when Bruce and his posse jumped after Jason at the end of the issue, accusing him of being Leviathan.

Extraordinary Member

Tim is at the moment in his own book travelling the Multiverse, but I'm not sure where this is set in time in relation to Kings Batman, since it showed iirc him an the rest of team on earth a few issues back.

And Jean Paul is in Space with Justice League Odysse.

Damian appeared in TEC, but there it is also unclear where it is set in time.

Were Steph is is unclear.

Duke and Cass are with the Outsiders (not sure where they have their HQ at the moment).

But Kate, Barbara, Helena and Luke should all be in Gotham at the moment.

And that Bane can take over Gotham that openly without the JL doing something about it seems also not really plausible (back in Knightfall he only took over Gothams underworld, that was a little bit more belivable).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Oh and King 86's Double X. Which is fine, he's definitely a z-list character who got used more in this run just to die in a clever Two-Face murder than he's been used in 50 years.
    Ist Double X way to powerfull to get killed like this.
    That's in general a problem with many of the siver age villains, they are kind of goofy so many writers treat them like Jokes, but some of these guys (like Double X or Zebra-Man) are really power full at least in comparison to other Batman villains.

What about Damian and Cass who currently live at Wayne Manor? Regardless of what his feelings are on the punching Tim incident Damian is a minor and he attends school from the manor as we have seen.

There's so many that's not accounted for which makes this run feel like it's happening in a bubble. Like an Elseworld.
    Last edited by dietrich; 07-18-2019 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What about Damian and Cass who currently live at Wayne Manor?
    Cass is with Duke in the Outsiders. Damian...
    I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I didn't like it. Daniels' art has seen better days, most of the dialog made me physically cringe, but most importantly - NONE of the characters feel true to themselves. Why the hell are Joker and Riddler going along with this sh*t? And I guess the War of Jokes and Riddles was part of Bane's keikaku too since they're buddies now?

I don't know.
    Well Bane is using Psycho Pirate to control other villains, I thought that was established, when he did that to two-face. As for the bat family, dunno, 'm assuming it will be anwsered in the upcoming issues.

Cass is with Duke in the Outsiders. Damian...
    I have no clue.
    The Outsiders are located where? Cass doesn't live with Jefferson and the girls I'm sure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What about Damian and Cass who currently live at Wayne Manor? Regardless of what his feelings are on the punching Tim incident Damian is a minor and he attends school from the manor as we have seen.
    In Teen Titans (which seems his main book at the moment) he seems to live at their head quarter.

Wasn't Cass living with Leslie Tompkins after the Gothm Knight fell apart?

I wish there was really more consitenc between the books, when it comes to where characters are and what they are doing at the moment. Ok they never manged to line up the events in JL and Titans with the solo books, but at least the coordination between the differnt Batfamily titles used to be much better pre flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post

I don't know.
    Reread the first few pages, Bane is controlling them with the Pyscho Pirate.

Also, if you read the conversation between Thomas and Alfred, Batmans allies are staying outside the city over fear of them hurting Alfred.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 07-18-2019 at 06:12 AM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-