Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    Bishop, it sucked and it was on an AU. Beast was brief and sucked too.
    And her whatever with Wolverine.
    Anything she could've had with Logan was teased, then failed to launch. That was no more a relationship than what Monet x Guido had. lol Her x Bishop got further than Logan, but we can see that isn't going anywhere.

Again, none of these seem like legit relationships. a couple of kisses + a one-night stand =/= relationship. Scott had actual long-term relationships with other woman.

Scott seems like her whole world.
    Meanwhile, she's just another one of his women. lol

Just looks sad on characters when one side of the ship is stuck on someone they consider a priority. Meanwhile their priority only sees them as another one of the options.

Pff, Cyclops has been more obssesed with Jean than the other way around. In popular culture he is only the guy between Jean and Logan. Stop with the victimization.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Isn't "destroyed" a lofty term for someone who was just in X-Men Red and Bobby's solo in large roles, was the lead of his own Age of X-Man book, and is still a heroic member of the X-Men, and not a single soul has even begin to mention Hope or Cable to him?

Pff, Cyclops has been more obssesed with Jean than the other way around. In popular culture he is only the guy between Jean and Logan. Stop with the victimization.
    There is no victimization. In the end, Jean has only ever had a long-term relationship with Scott. Otherwise, she had kisses with a stalker, and fling with Bishop. If Scott wanted her, he could get her with no issue. Meanwhile if she wants him, that's only gonna depend on whether he happens to want Emma at the time. lol` JDW even said Scott shouldn't have to chose between them when Archie goes back & forth between Betty & Veronica.

So in the end, some fans want to see Jean in an actual legit relationship with someone other than Scott for a change. I can empathize with that. Same way some Gambit fans wanted to see him have a long-term relationship that wasn't Rogue since she got to drop him like a brick for Magneto.

I think some of you guys might be downplaying Jean's decades long emotional affair with Logan. Its a pretty well know and adapted relationship, even if its not traditional.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    There is no victimization. In the end, Jean has only ever had a long-term relationship with Scott. Otherwise, she had kisses with a stalker, and fling with Bishop. If Scott wanted her, he could get her with no issue.
    Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. Tyke was begging for Jeen all the time since they came to the present and she rejected him all the time until X-men Blue #36 and if you read Extermination, that didn't even happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I think some of you guys might be downplaying Jean's decades long emotional affair with Logan. Its a pretty well know and adapted relationship, even if its not traditional.
    Yeah, she loved him for years.

I think some of you guys might be downplaying Jean's decades long emotional affair with Logan. Its a pretty well know relationship, even if its not traditional.
    I see it like I do season 5 Buffy x Spike. Logan as the latter obviously. I think Jean saw Logan as a friend. may have been some attraction, but she would never act on it until her marriage fell apart. Similar to Buffy, when Jean is emotionally stable, Logan doesn't have any chance with her. But like Buffy, when her world was crashing down and she was depressed, then she considered going to him & giving in. But unlike Spike, who was thirsty & accepted, Logan actually said no.

But I never read Jean as having a relationship or being in love with Logan. Some attraction, sure.

Oh, come on. It was far more then some attraction, their will they wont they emotional affair is borderline iconic at this point. Far more known and reaching then Scott and Emma's relationship even. Sorry but its kind of silly to say Jean has had no one else. Maybe not in a traditional dating sense, but still there is a pretty well know someone else she had a relationship with.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Oh, come on. It was far more then some attraction, their will they wont they emotional affair is borderline iconic at this point. Far more know and reaching then Scott and Emma's relationship even. Sorry but its kind of silly to say Jean has had no one else. Maybe not in a traditional dating sense, but still there is pretty well know someone else she was had a relationship with.
    More reaching? I guess, not sure what that really means. More well-known? I guess if you didn’t even look at an X-Book from 2003-2016

Reaching, as in extended beyond just comic books.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-23-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Jeen was single or with Beast. Adult Jean was single and we don't know her current status.

What you want is for her to stop loving Cyclops and that is thankfuly never going to happen. Even if they break up or date other people
    I fdon't consider jeen and Beast a relationship, it lasted one page and didn't even made a impact

Because of movies, but movies aren't comics

I see it like I do season 5 Buffy x Spike. Logan as the latter obviously. I think Jean saw Logan as a friend. may have been some attraction, but she would never act on it until her marriage fell apart. Similar to Buffy, when Jean is emotionally stable, Logan doesn't have any chance with her. But like Buffy, when her world was crashing down and she was depressed, then she considered going to him & giving in. But unlike Spike, who was thirsty & accepted, Logan actually said no.

But I never read Jean as having a relationship or being in love with Logan. Some attraction, sure.
    I think you are exagerating a bit, Jean intention wasn't sleeping with Logan and he knew it.

I never thought Logan was a danger to Scott (unless the danger is Scott sleeping with Wolverine). Jean was never thinking about deciding between the two and having a hard time chooshing

I agree 100% that there is attraction. there is also a great friendship, but it needs work to reach the romantic LOVE part
    Last edited by spirit2011; 08-23-2019 at 05:55 PM.

Anything relating to Wolverine is iconic. He's basically the Marvel version of Batman. Any characters strongly affiliated with him will get iconic status. Him with Storm is just as iconic, and he had an actual relationship with her.

Lots of pairings can become iconic for one reason or another. Fandoms never made sense. But far as what we actually see in stories, it's another matter. While not iconic, Creed x Monet have a good cult following. Lots of people lwanted to see that ship sail. Not on this site, but I see more support on instagram, twitter, and tumblr.

Being non-biased, I loved their interactions under Bunn and read them as having an attraction to each other. According to Bunn, they loved each other. Even though I like the ship, I never would've labelled them as being in love. Why? because Bunn didn't show that. Similar to how I see Jean x Logan. Will or Won't they, yes. For both ships. But I don't consider either of them actual relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Because of movies, but movies aren't comics
    According to movies, Beast x Mystique are in love. lol She was also with Magneto. Neither of which have anything to do with the comics. Hell Mystique got made into a motherly hero in the films. The FOX films were a mess. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-23-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Oh. I guess. It still made it to Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men anime, and sorta hinted at during Origins. Scemma didn’t even exist during the other two series.

Oh, come on. It was far more then some attraction, their will they wont they emotional affair is borderline iconic at this point. Far more known and reaching then Scott and Emma's relationship even. Sorry but its kind of silly to say Jean has had no one else. Maybe not in a traditional dating sense, but still there is still a pretty well know someone else she was had a relationship with.
    I know, there are cartoons and movies were scemma/emma don't even exist, but there is always something between Jean and Logan, even on the ones were they aren't together.
    some comic fans know about scemma, but that is a small fraction of the people that saw the movies and cartoons. For many of them Jott isn't even a thing, Look for cosplay and fan art, there is ton of it.

With different representations throught media and even on the comics it is undeniable.

we had Jean on X-men Red annual saying she loved Wolverine.

Anything relating to Wolverine is iconic. He's basically the Marvel version of Batman. Any characters strongly affiliated with him will get iconic status. Him with Storm is just as iconic, and he had an actual relationship with her.

Lots of pairings can become iconic for one reason or another. Fandoms never made sense. But far as what we actually see in stories, it's another matter. While not iconic, Creed x Monet have a good cult following. Lots of people lwanted to see that ship sail. Not on this site, but I see more support on instagram, twitter, and tumblr.

Being non-biased, I loved their interactions under Bunn and read them as having an attraction to each other. But according to Bunn, they loved each other. Even though I like the ship, I never would've labelled them as being in love. Why? because Bunn didn't exactly show that. Similar to how I see Jean x Logan. Attraction with a will or won't they layer, sure. For both ships. But I don't consider either of them actual relationships. Until they actually have one. lol
    yeah, they need to have one. Monet and Creed are miles ahead of logan and jean

According to movies, Beast x Mystique are in love. lol She was also with Magneto. Neither of which have anything to do with the comics. Hell Mystique got made into a motherly hero in the films. The FOX films were a mess. lol
    beast is blue, mystique is also blue so we gonna pair them

someone at fox