Page 112 of 270 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    A bit dramatic. The reveal was only one page and no backstory was given. Literally one panel of her telling him she is his sister.
    Eh, there was more to that. You have the forced Zucco family connection, her working for Blockbuster, her now being mayor of Bludhaven, her being Dick's dad's daughter, and then how awful the reveal was with Dick sneaking into her house to get beaten up. It was pretty poor all around. Very sloppily written.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing #81 Second Printing Cover

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nightwing #81 Second Printing Cover

You're quick.

Issue #81 sold out in the first day.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...93157343461377
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

I like that trick with his stix didn’t know they could do that

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I remember people trying and failing to take his mask off during Dixon's run, i just can't pinpoint when it was. Maybe was during that crossover with Birds of Prey, but i can be mistaken.
    Two instances come to mind that I can’t exactly place. One i think was the Nightwing issue with BoP, where they unmasked him and was like who’s this. So they tried to run his prints. Another was where they tried to unmask him only to get shocked or something. Might have been even they were trying to unmask him and couldn’t get it off so they tried to run his prints.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Two instances come to mind that I can’t exactly place. One i think was the Nightwing issue with BoP, where they unmasked him and was like who’s this. So they tried to run his prints. Another was where they tried to unmask him only to get shocked or something. Might have been even they were trying to unmask him and couldn’t get it off so they tried to run his prints.
    Melinda is so dying this story arc. So I have no investment in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Melinda is so dying this story arc. So I have no investment in her.
    I doubt it.

The next writer may choose to ignore her, but i'm sure Taylor will make her a regular during his run in this book.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Eh, there was more to that. You have the forced Zucco family connection, her working for Blockbuster, her now being mayor of Bludhaven, her being Dick's dad's daughter, and then how awful the reveal was with Dick sneaking into her house to get beaten up. It was pretty poor all around. Very sloppily written.
    Because you did not like it does not make it sloppily written. Every element was written very intentionally, hence not sloppy. Her history and connections to Blockbuster, Bludhaven, Maroni and Zucco are what make her interesting. Not to mention there is still a ton of mystery. It presents a new challenge for Dick.

Incredible Member

I honestly doubt she dies. I get the feeling she is in it for the long haul. Seems to me Taylor is trying to expand Dick`s world.

Am I the only one who hated Babs shirt? I mean, it's a cute nod for fans reading it but in universe it's kind of ghastly. The poor fella was knocked out cold and came to, to find the woman he loves, wearing a shirt with a picture of his dad slapping the taste out of his mouth. That's messed up

Overall I liked the issue, Bruno Redondos art continues to be the highlight. Nice fight scene with Heartless, I also like that Dick has some lingering issues with his head wound. I'm lukewarm on the big twist.

It does sort of feel that they're cramming in a lot of fan service to cover a slightly weak plot. I'm more invested with the panels of Dick chilling with Bitewing than those with the secret long lost sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Because you did not like it does not make it sloppily written. Every element was written very intentionally, hence not sloppy. Her history and connections to Blockbuster, Bludhaven, Maroni and Zucco are what make her interesting. Not to mention there is still a ton of mystery. It presents a new challenge for Dick.
    It makes her convoluted to me. It feels so forced when you create a character like this with so many connections out of nowhere to the main character, especially before even making her an interesting character on her own. A character solely propped up by their connections to another character does not mean they are interesting themselves, imo. Sonia in Black Mirror was a much better way to introduce a similar character who was Zucco's daughter. The only thing interesting about her was that she was his daughter, but her run in with Dick felt much more like a random occurrence and it posed a new challenge to Dick in how he would interact with the daughter of his parents' killer while trying to solve a mystery. You actually got to see Dick work as a detective and figure out where Sonia stands. You introduced a new character while also elevating Dick as a character. That's is good writing.

Here with Melinda Dick just gets hit over the head with all her info and fails to uncover anything on his own, and when he attempts to do something he fails horribly. It makes Dick feel somewhat incompetent. It was just too much. Being Dick's sister from his dad, part of the Zucco family, working for Blockbuster, being mayor of Bludhaven, FBI connections, and even knowing Dick is Nightwing before capturing and unmasking him. It's so much. I don't care for these long lost sibling comic stories anyway, and I don't think there is any outcome where I'll care about this sister character in the slightest, but I don't really expect this character to last beyond this run anyway as well. So it feels like a waste messing more with Dick's past/family for a character I feel is unneeded/not worth it. If it turns out to all be a fake-out and she isn't his sister and the twist is done well then I'll praise it, but I don't have any expectations for that.

But here is the thing, we can have different opinions. Outside the amazing art I do not care for this run so far and I am frustrated such amazing art is being used on a story I don't think it is written well and is fairly weak, but you are free to think it is the best Nightwing run of all time. I've gone into detail about the things I personally dislike and explained why I think they are bad, but you can feel the complete opposite. Neither of us are "right" because they are our opinions.
    Last edited by Badou; 06-15-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Am I the only one who hated Babs shirt? I mean, it's a cute nod for fans reading it but in universe it's kind of ghastly. The poor fella was knocked out cold and came to, to find the woman he loves, wearing a shirt with a picture of his dad slapping the taste out of his mouth. That's messed up.
    I guess it depends on if you view Dick as a masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Am I the only one who hated Babs shirt? I mean, it's a cute nod for fans reading it but in universe it's kind of ghastly. The poor fella was knocked out cold and came to, to find the woman he loves, wearing a shirt with a picture of his dad slapping the taste out of his mouth. That's messed up

I get feeling like this, but I honestly think it's purely intended as a little nod without any in universe implications. I wouldn't over analyze it.

How Dick Grayson became Batman - Inside Battle of the Cowl with Tony S. Daniel and the DC editors at the time

https://www.gamesradar.com/how-dick-...s-at-the-time/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it depends on if you view Dick as a masochist.
    His fans certainly are!
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)