Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Peter need a tie-in if he's directly involved with the main book?
    Nah, is just weird that he doesn't have a tie-in, personally i'm fine with it, he already got a role in the main story and althougth Cates Spider-Man is a bit odd, i trust him enougth to not be nervous about his take.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    does the world need king in black

(no)
    Why not Venom been killing it since Cates took over
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Why not Venom been killing it since Cates took over
    True, I just don't think Peter needs to be involved. Eddie and Peter are best when kept far away from each other these days, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    True, I just don't think Peter needs to be involved. Eddie and Peter are best when kept far away from each other these days, IMO.
    I disagree I loved Peter role in Absolute Carnage and the relationship between Eddie and Peter. Peter was Eddie first option when Carnage show up. How many times Spiderman was the first option when it came to a major threat.

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I disagree I loved Peter role in Absolute Carnage and the relationship between Eddie and Peter. Peter was Eddie first option when Carnage show up. How many times Spiderman was the first option when it came to a major threat.
    It definitely improvement over Dan Slott's run, where Peter was mostly antagonistic towards Venom and Eddie every time they meet.

To each their own. I didn't like it. I would have preferred a more Venom centric approach (Eddie handling his own ****), but I can see your point (even if I vehemently disagree with it).

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    It definitely improvement over Dan Slott's run, where Peter was mostly antagonistic towards Venom and Eddie every time they meet.
    I can't argue with that. It indeed was a nice change of pace from the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Does Peter need a tie-in if he's directly involved with the main book?
    The actual answer is "no", but Marvel usually says "yes" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nah, is just weird that he doesn't have a tie-in, personally i'm fine with it, he already got a role in the main story and althougth Cates Spider-Man is a bit odd, i trust him enougth to not be nervous about his take.
    Cates' take on Spidey was fine, no better example in AC#1 where Spidey brought levity to the story when things were rather tense before.

I guess that to Marvel, Symbiote Spider-Man is the obligatory tie-in. It is indeed super strange to me that Spider-Man doesn't get a tie-in, but I think it is very possible that Spencer has found no time to write anything for Spider-Man outside of the main book, considering all the stuff going down, and he is probably not willing to interrupt this vital part of the story with a tie-in either.

Still, there is still the really off chance that he will get his tie-in concurrently with the last issue. Small chance, but never lose hope

Mighty Member

I'm okay with the lack of Spider-man tie-in, at the moment, Venom seems to be bringing in the larger Marvel Universe into his story. I also doubt this will be the last Cates/Venom event. Especially if that Wraith one-shot was anything to go by.

I'm actually surprised that Thor isn't getting a tie-in, especially since both are done by Cates and Knull has his origins tied to Thor. But I take that as Cates. It wanting all his books to be tied to Knull. He seems to be telling a big story, but Knull is only part of it, not the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    I guess that to Marvel, Symbiote Spider-Man is the obligatory tie-in. It is indeed super strange to me that Spider-Man doesn't get a tie-in, but I think it is very possible that Spencer has found no time to write anything for Spider-Man outside of the main book, considering all the stuff going down, and he is probably not willing to interrupt this vital part of the story with a tie-in either.

Still, there is still the really off chance that he will get his tie-in concurrently with the last issue. Small chance, but never lose hope
    I do not agree. Why? 1: Spencer is writing more then the main book, he is also doing the LR issues. I would also say that every Marvel event does not have to have Peter in it to be successful. One improvement we have seen over the past several years is characters that basically relied on Peter have shown that they do not need his presence to be successful. Eddie, Felicia and ( especially) Miles come to mind. Hopefully, Gwen and Cindy go in that same direction. The problem with events ( that are not Peter centered), is that the story is about Spider-Man not Peter Parker. A good Spider-Man story is one that contains both characters. I really enjoyed the Spencer story about them being separated and what would actually happen if they are not one, without Peter being a “guest star” in his comic ( like Superior).
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-22-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I'm okay with the lack of Spider-man tie-in, at the moment, Venom seems to be bringing in the larger Marvel Universe into his story. I also doubt this will be the last Cates/Venom event. Especially if that Wraith one-shot was anything to go by.

I'm actually surprised that Thor isn't getting a tie-in, especially since both are done by Cates and Knull has his origins tied to Thor. But I take that as Cates. It wanting all his books to be tied to Knull. He seems to be telling a big story, but Knull is only part of it, not the story.
    I see Thor being in a major part of the main story plus I think after Knull it will lead to the vision Thor had about Thanos in his story.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post

I mean, they could always have another writer make a tie-in, like how Venom's comic had Cullen Bunn writing the War of the Realms tie-in when Cates was busy with other ****, so yeah, guess Symbiote Spider-Man is the only one they decided to bother with.

Mighty Member

I see Thor being in a major part of the main story plus I think after Knull it will lead to the vision Thor had about Thanos in his story.
    That's a good point.
    I also wonder how important Eternals is going to be that whatever Cates is cooking up.
    Or is it just going to bring back Thanos and be separate for the most part?

Either way, we'll find out in the big Thor event whenever that shall be.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    That's a good point.
    I also wonder how important Eternals is going to be that whatever Cates is cooking up.
    Or is it just going to bring back Thanos and be separate for the most part?

Either way, we'll find out in the big Thor event whenever that shall be.
    cates doing eternals too I dont know much about them will check it out