Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

What. Just. Happened. To comics.

Dante has potential. the book has potential too, if i can get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Name the last time they did that all at the same time.
    It being done at the same time doesn't matter. All those characters have been replaced by someone else for extended periods of time in the past.

In the case of Iron man and Captain America this will be the third time they've been replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by aloe View Post
    For those reading the "Inhuman" title, how is this Dante character so far?

Only two titles in I know, but does the character have potential?
    Yes, but as the writer (Soule) is writing around images that were originally based on a different script/dialog/plot (from Matt Fraction), it makes it a little difficult to get a true gauge on the title or the new characters right now. We will truly not know how the character is until ... is it issue 4? ... when Soules scripts begin to truly take over. For those not liking the book right now, I just hope they come back in a few issues when the book has settled into its true form. Not saying it will be better, ha, but I have to believe it will flow more easily when the writer and artist are actually working together, instead of the writer trying to write around images that he had nothing (or little) to do with in the first place.

BANNED

so what happens to the people that like these new versions?...will they just stop reading once the Status Qou returns and everything's back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    That they named the character with the fire-based powers "Dante" should give you some sort of clue, I think.
    Yes, because character names are NEVER based on their powers in comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ptsteelers View Post
    Yes, because character names are NEVER based on their powers in comics.
    Dante is his given name. Which super conveniently sets up the Inferno codename the map in the book of the first issue suggests he's going to end up with.

Also, is that a Vision like diamond on this Iron Man armor? Hmmmm?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    It being done at the same time doesn't matter. All those characters have been replaced by someone else for extended periods of time in the past.

In the case of Iron man and Captain America this will be the third time they've been replaced.
    Fourth in Iron Man's case.

Rhodey briefly replaced Tony yet again during the Matt Fraction run. So for a bit there you
    had both a lady Iron Man in Rescue and a POC Iron Man.

At the time, Tony was busy being captured by the Mandarin if I remember correctly.

Fraction's run had gotten so convoluted by that time that nobody was paying attention to it for the most
    part. Its why nobody refers to it much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fringe Division View Post
    Dante is his given name. Which super conveniently sets up the Inferno codename the map in the book of the first issue suggests he's going to end up with.
    Yes, true. I forgot that fact.

All-New Member

Just a heads up guys. If you read the actual entertainment weekly article they clearly state that Tony is the superior iron man. Pretty big detail that got left out of recap cbr gave us.
    On my phone so can't post link but there is another thread called new Avengers now with the link there
    Last edited by Gritterr; 07-16-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gritterr View Post
    Just a heads up guys. If you read the actual entertainment weekly article they clearly state that Tony is the superior iron man. Pretty big detail that got left out of recap cbr gave us.
    On my phone so can't post link but there is another thread talking about the changes, with the link there
    I'm surprised it isn't Arno.

There isn't much point to him being around otherwise.

It seems to me if the Marvel movieverse is going to continue to have a big influence on the comics, then Tony Stark must create his own version of the Ultron network. But why would he do this? It seems to me reading Hickman's Avengers the direction is moving towards somewhat isolating Tony Stark from the rest of the superhero community. Thus one could imagine a scenario where Tony Stark has a million plans for improving the world but few to help him, so he feels obligated to try and extend himself through an AI / robotic network that morphs into the next Ultron.

Here's the link to the EW article for everyone:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/ma...as-a-new-suit/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I'm surprised it isn't Arno.

There isn't much point to him being around otherwise.
    Agree. Im holding on to hope they have something cooking for him. I like his character so far