Page 14 of 200 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    @Zaresh: Thank you for your fanfic recommendations from a few days ago. I'm reading the latest chapter of "One day at a time" right now - and like always, it's beautiful. This story really tries hard to make me cry.
    You're welcome . If I see any other JayBats fic, I'll leave a notice in your box. Or if you guys want, I can post those fics here. It's a very short list, after all. "In which Jason becomes Batman", or JayBats, in short.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, that really doesn't get posted to this thread. Generally its either individual portraits, bat family stuff, Outlaws, or something a bit humorous.
    Or art that can be read as just plain bonding, without shipping of any kind. We post safe for work pieces, and when something can enter certain territories in the link to the artist, for example, we warm beforehand. This is the same for other ships, outside robinshipping: for Kara and Jay (there is NSFW art out there, iirc), or JayArtemis, or whatever.

It's the same for when we post links to fics. We do warm about what you're going to find there.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-13-2020 at 10:38 AM.

Right......it totally doesn't get posted here. Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Sure, because that cannot be read any other way that shipping those two.
    And even if they ship those, what's so gross about it? Do you have a problem with Art and Jason doing cute stuff too?
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-13-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Sure, because that cannot be read any other way that shipping those two.
    I didn't say that.

And even if they ship those, what's so gross about it? Do you have a problem with Art and Jason doing cute stuff too?
    Hey, you may like it, but I don't like it, I just stated my opinion. You shouldn't expect only praise for art, there will be criticism too.

I didn't say that.

Hey, you may like it, but I don't like it, I just stated my opinion. You shouldn't expect only praise for art, there will be criticism too.
    Nope.
    Saying that something is "creepy" because you think it's shipping something you dislike, is not criticism. It's "opinionism".
    Criticism is saying, for example, that the artist draws waists in males like they were females (that is, by the way, an actual issue with their art). What you did was complaining that we were posting something you dislike. And because this is a forum, and people have different tastes, this is a thing you're going to find in every corner. I dislike hypermuscled characters, a lot: they're unrealistic and trigger me hard. But I deal with it, because there's nothing wrong with it and plenty of people enjoy it.

I get it, I know that there's stuff here that you dislike. But that's what you're going to find in a public forum. As long as is fair, and safe for work, it's ok to post.

And as I said, we're posting as much art as any other thread. Creating another thread just for art is unnecessary (and probably against rules).

Edit: I'm probably sounding hard and mad. It's not my intention. But it doesn't really sit me well either that someone is implying that posting this or that art is a questionable deed, honestly.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-13-2020 at 11:18 AM. Reason: it was actually creepy, not gross

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

What?

Jason being sick with a cold and Dick taking a picture for "blackmail" is shipping?

Nope.
    Saying that something is "creepy" because you think it's shipping something you dislike, is not criticism. It's "opinionism".
    Criticism is saying, for example, that the artist draws waists in males like they were females (that is, by the way, an actual issue with their art). What you did was complaining that we were posting something you dislike. And because this is a forum, and people have different tastes, this is a thing you're going to find in every corner. I dislike hypermuscled characters, a lot: they're unrealistic and trigger me hard. But I deal with it, because there's nothing wrong with it and plenty of people enjoy it.

I get it, I know that there's stuff here that you dislike. But that's what you're going to find in a public forum. As long as is fair, and safe for work, it's ok to post.

And as I said, we're posting as much art as any other thread. Creating another thread just for art is unnecessary (and probably against rules).

Edit: I'm probably sounding hard and mad. It's not my intention. But it doesn't really sit me well either that someone is implying that posting this or that art is a questionable deed, honestly.
    I don't think it's "shipping", I think it's pure cringe and unlike Jason to wear furry clothes. Uuh no, you are allowed to post about that if you don't like it provided that you are civil.

Eeh no, doesn't sound hard/mad to me. Never said/tried to imply this is a "questionable deed", but whatever.
    Yeah I'm okay with art here in this thread, just not okay with some fan-art which make Jason look very "unlike" Jason and I'm allowed to voice my dissatisfaction just like you're allowed to share the art.

I don't think it's "shipping", I think it's pure cringe and unlike Jason to wear furry clothes. Uuh no, you are allowed to post about that if you don't like it provided that you are civil.

Eeh no, doesn't sound hard/mad to me. Never said/tried to imply this is a "questionable deed", but whatever.
    Yeah I'm okay with art here in this thread, just not okay with some fan-art which make Jason look very "unlike" Jason and I'm allowed to voice my dissatisfaction just like you're allowed to share the art.
    Ok then.
    (10 chara and all that)

The good old dramatic "mask under the mask" effect.

Judd Winick

Judd Winick comment 13-01-2020.jpg

I suggest that you guys make it clear if you don't want any negative discussion on this Appreciation thread.

I've noticed that unlike other sides of this forum the Batman side especially the Robins Appreciation Threads work as open discussion threads where everyone is welcome to freely discuss the character and content whatever they might think so long as it's civil.

Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I suggest that you guys make it clear if you don't want any negative discussion on this Appreciation thread.

I've noticed that unlike other sides of this forum the Batman side especially the Robins Appreciation Threads work as open discussion threads where everyone is welcome to freely discuss the character and content whatever they might think so long as it's civil.

I don't see what's "negative" about the fanart discussion. Eto and Zaresh have both stated their opinion and were civil about it.
    Not every discussion has to end with an agreement.

In my personal experience, there isn't anything "special" about the Robin appreciation threads. I've seen some ugly stuff in some of the old threads. Maybe there are "worse" appreciation threads but there are also better ones.

You're welcome . If I see any other JayBats fic, I'll leave a notice in your box. Or if you guys want, I can post those fics here. It's a very short list, after all. "In which Jason becomes Batman", or JayBats, in short.
    [...]
    Do you maybe have more time travel stuff (that isn't on the "Time Travel and Aging / De-aging" fanfic list)? Or Jason meeting Death?

I love that Jason rescues Damian and Cass in "One day at a time" so that they aren't indoctrinated by the League/David Cain - well, at least not to the same effect as the Damian and Cass he knew.
    I remember a fanfic in which Steph saved Jason from the Joker but that fic was shorter and not as complex as this one. (I don't know if I remember correctly but I think Steph went on to save Damian and Cass too. )

Do you maybe have more time travel stuff (that isn't on the "Time Travel and Aging / De-aging" fanfic list)? Or Jason meeting Death?

I love that Jason rescues Damian and Cass in "One day at a time" so that they aren't indoctrinated by the League/David Cain - well, at least not to the same effect as the Damian and Cass he knew.
    I remember a fanfic in which Steph saved Jason from the Joker but that fic was shorter and not as complex as this one. (I don't know if I remember correctly but I think Steph went on to save Damian and Cass too. )
    I don't remember reading the one with Steph, but it rings some bell. I'm going to see if I can find that one too.

I have a few with Death. I remember one short (gen) and other a bit longer (it was JayDick). I may have one new timetravel fic archived in my bookmarks that I haven't posted yet.

You know what? Give me a few hours and I'll post them, post the JayBats list, and update the old timetravel and de-aging post. First the JayBats, because we already have it done.