Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?

Between this and the costume designer comments about the red on her costume being the "congealed blood of her victims" (a curious choice using the word victims and not enemies) I'm glad Patty came in and is seemingly steering wonder womans path to a lighter tone.
    OMG I didn't know that someone said that! That's great! I imagine her attire must be stinky if that's blood on her clothing, the battle sap fermenting like cheese on her armour. I wonder if she needs nourishment that she just licks her shoulders...

I found the full quote if anyone was ignorant to this jewel as I was;

“They’re really just typical changes to make the costume more comfortable and more serviceable for the choreography that Gal does. We did a slight tweaking of the color too, we’ve enriched the red a little bit. We always talk about centuries of congealed blood from her victims on the dress, so we really went for that really rich blood red on the dress. We increased and we exaggerated these sort of different golds and silvers. You can see in her eagle and the W’s on her belt.”
    Justice League costumer designer, Michael Wilkinson
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

I remember he wanted her costume to be battle worn & dark. He gave her a brown top & almost black skirt in BVS & JL. So ugly & wrong how do u that to a iconic bright red gold blue comic wonder woman. Can't believe no one really complained about back then

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Diana knows when to use compassion and when to go for the kill
    thats why she doesnt have lots of villains like Bat and supes
    You’re not seriously referencing that terrible line in JL by Johns are you? Johns admitted that he didn’t really know a lot about Diana until he read up on her for Darkseid War. That idea is totally wrong. Diana DOES have as big a Rogues Gallery as Clark or Bruce, writers just don’t use it. How many WW Rogues have died by her hand can you actually name? Maxwell Lord is the one everyone points to, but he wasn’t even “her” Rogue, not until snapping his neck is what she became known for.

If Diana is so willing to kill she should have killed Cheetah by now. She should have killed Circe, someone who has lived longer than the lifespan of civilizations and put Ra’s Al Ghul to shame, and has shown no desire to atone. She should have killed every one of her villains who has broken out of jail more than twice. Diana is nowhere near as kill happy as people think.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Diana knows when to use compassion and when to go for the kill
    thats why she doesnt have lots of villains like Bat and supes

Besides Decay and Maxwell Lord, how many of *her* villains has she killed? She doesn't have many villains because most writers ignore them in favor of using hand-me-downs from public domain such as Ares, Circe, & generic monsters from Greek myths. Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, the Duke of Deception, Dr. Cyber. Veronica Cale, Egg Fu, Aegeus, Queen Clea, Hypnota, Angle Man, Osira, Gundra the Vakyrie, Minister Blizzard. Blue Snowman, Queen Atomia, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, Paula Von Gunther, Baron Blitzkreig, Red Panzer, Armageddon, Fausta, Zara, White Magician, Saturna/Eviless, The Mask Dr. Domino, Nuclear, Mayfly, Mouseman, Tezcatlipoca, Sharkeeta, & even Grail are all alive and well although most of them have been sitting in limbo for over a decade or more.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 07-23-2019 at 07:06 AM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    My thoughts exactly on the Diana killing thing. She would only do it as a last resort to save lives, not after an enemy has been defeated.
    Then why do you have an issue with her killing Demios?

Besides Decay and Maxwell Lord, how many of *her* villains has she killed? She doesn't have many villains because most writers ignore them in favor of using hand-me-downs from public domain such as Ares, Circe, & generic monsters from Greek myths. Cheetah, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, the Duke of Deception, Dr. Cyber. Veronica Cale, Egg Fu, Aegeus, Queen Clea, Hypnota, Angle Man, Osira, Gundra the Vakyrie, Minister Blizzard. Blue Snowman, Queen Atomia, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, Paula Von Gunther, Baron Blitzkreig, Red Panzer, Armageddon, Fausta, Zara, White Magician, Saturna/Eviless, The Mask Dr. Domino, Nuclear, Mayfly, Mouseman, Tezcatlipoca, Sharkeeta, & even Grail are all alive and well although most of them have been sitting in limbo for over a decade or more.
    She killed Medusa, Demios and the White Magician (whom funnily enough you listed).

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Doesn't she already have a bad rep for being the "Bane Of Necks"? But to do it when the fight is pretty much over and to send a message as well?
    Not so much a rep as a few fans who like to take her killings out of context either for humor, trolling or just because they don't like the idea of her killing.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-23-2019 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Then why do you have an issue with her killing Demios?

She killed Medusa, Demios and the White Magician (whom funnily enough you listed).

Not so much a rep as a few fans who like to take her killings out of context either for humor, trolling or just because they don't like the idea of her killing.

I didn't hate that Perez had Diana kill Demois and Decay, I just didn't love those parts of his run. The public domain characters being killed doesn't bother me as much as Diana killing her original rogues as the public domain ones seem to rise from the dead more often than not. I also don't consider them *her* villains since they come from public domain and have fought other heroes such as Hercules, Batwoman, Wonder Girl, Zatanna, & others in continuity and in other mediums.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I didn't hate that Perez had Diana kill Demois and Decay, I just didn't love those parts of his run. The public domain characters being killed doesn't bother me as much as Diana killing her original rogues as the public domain ones seem to rise from the dead more often than not. I also don't consider them *her* villains since they come from public domain and have fought other heroes such as Hercules, Batwoman, Wonder Girl, Zatanna, & others in continuity and in other mediums.
    The public domain villains only come back as often as any iconic WW villain. Meaning, that only Circe and Ares have come back to life and that's because they are well known WW villains. Hell, to my knowledge Cheetah hasn't even been killed off once so that's saying something.

As for the last part, virtually every villain has clashed with another hero. By this logic, Dr Psycho isn't a WW villain since he'll be in that upcoming Harley Quinn show.

The public domain villains only come back as often as any iconic WW villain. Meaning, that only Circe and Ares have come back to life and that's because they are well known WW villains. Hell, to my knowledge Cheetah hasn't even been killed off once so that's saying something.

As for the last part, virtually every villain has clashed with another hero. By this logic, Dr Psycho isn't a WW villain since he'll be in that upcoming Harley Quinn show.

I beg to differ being that the public domain villains such as Ares, Circe, Hades, etc. can appear in any medium for any other company. The Avengers, Zena, the Star Treck crew, etc. could all fight these public domain villains at any time. Sure, they may be slightly different in appearance and personality but deep down, they're still Ares, Circe, Hades, etc.

Mighty Member

I can see why they changed it.

Hey, an armored bad guy with a helmet with horns is killed by Wonder Woman (Wonder Woman 2017).

Hey, an armored bad guy with a helmet with horns is killed by Wonder Woman (Justice League 2017).

I beg to differ being that the public domain villains such as Ares, Circe, Hades, etc. can appear in any medium for any other company. The Avengers, Zena, the Star Treck crew, etc. could all fight these public domain villains at any time. Sure, they may be slightly different in appearance and personality but deep down, they're still Ares, Circe, Hades, etc.
    In point of fact, Captain Kirk met Apollo at one point in his travels.

And Diana could also fight Loki and Hela but no one is going to assume those are her villains any more than they are Thor's. Ares and Circe may be public domain but the versions that Diana faces are going to be more well known than most. And you know who else is a public domain character in the WW mythos? Hippolyta. Should we get rid of her too?

And Diana could also fight Loki and Hela but no one is going to assume those are her villains any more than they are Thor's. Ares and Circe may be public domain but the versions that Diana faces are going to be more well known than most. And you know who else is a public domain character in the WW mythos? Hippolyta. Should we get rid of her too?

I don't think the public domain character should be completely 86d, just moved the the background. Occasional appearances as main characters are fine but for many years, especially since the New 52, they've been front and center alongside Diana in various titles and I'm bored to death of most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    In point of fact, Captain Kirk met Apollo at one point in his travels.
    Captain Kirk also met Leonardo da Vinci and Zefram Cochrane.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

While not really inappropriate considering the situation and antagonist at hand, I wouldn't be too enthused with seeing this on screen.

Superman apparently helping her do it after two movies where he killed Zod and Doomsday would be a bit much as well. Like, ok sometimes the line has to be crossed. We get it already dude.