Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Default Should Marvel replace the Fantastic Four with the Incredibles?

A random thought i had yesterday. The Incredibles, as we all know, are the only good Fantastic Four type movie despite not being the Fantastic Four. And given Disney has the rights to the Incredibles, should they be introduced in the Marvel comics universe as a potential replacement for the void left by the Fantastic Four?

Deleted, thought better of it.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 03-13-2017 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Second thoughts.

HA HA HA!! No.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    HA HA HA!! No.
    This is the only legitimate response to this question. At least the only one that doesn't include expletives.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    A random thought i had yesterday. The Incredibles, as we all know, are the only good Fantastic Four type movie despite not being the Fantastic Four. And given Disney has the rights to the Incredibles, should they be introduced in the Marvel comics universe as a potential replacement for the void left by the Fantastic Four?
    I would say...why not; it would be very sad to do that, but they don't really have a choice, now to replace them to introduce a live version in the MCU ? I don't know; but I'm open about that; the Incredibles are really known, and sadly because of Fox movies, the F4 are in a very bad place with the general audience; I know that suck for the comics fans, but sadly we are no more the main focus.

Honestly I think they should do the same thing about the mutants series, not with the Inhumans like they try to do, but directly with clones from the 90's; so Marvel should contact Mark Silvestri and Rob Liefield, buy their Image characters like Cyberforce or/and Youngblood; make a big crossovers and replace the mutants in the end; and yes I'm half serious about that; and that could work because of their past success inside Image comics.

The X-men fans hate already Marvel and the MCU, the F4 are no more, so Marvel have really nothing to lose.
    Last edited by Bolo; 03-13-2017 at 08:32 AM.

Ultimate Member

You toss out a FF book that does not have at least 2 or all of the members and you will have yet another book enduring backlash. Even if the plan was to start the book and towards the end bring Reed & Sue back.

It would never get that far because it would be boycotted day one.

Have we forgotten the Black Johnny Storm mess?

The Inhuman backlash lead by X-men Fans and store owners?

Fans complaining who claim to be fans of FF yet never read a book about them-going off.

Johnny & Ben? Who else? If we toss out former members-Sharon Ventura? Luke Cage? Storm? Black Panther? Peter Parker? Or do we toss in the Fantastic Force guys? Vibraruis? The Power Pack?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'd be fine with Marvel and Disney making an Incredibles comic and I might even buy it but I don't think they should outright replace the Fantastic Four with them. That's just going to anger the fans of that particular franchise even more then they already are and that's never a good idea.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I'd be fine with Marvel and Disney making an Incredibles comic and I might even buy it but I don't think they should outright replace the Fantastic Four with them. That's just going to anger the fans of that particular franchise even more then they already are and that's never a good idea.
    I always thought they'd be cool additions to the comics universe, but if they're introduced they'd just end up as a FF replacement due to their powerset. Only thing really missing is a genius inventor and they could make that character Violet or whatever without impacting previously established canon at all.

Just seems that they're going to be seen as a FF replacement anyway.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I mean, they're cartoony for one thing. How would they handle Annihilus or Terrax? Those are some serious foes that can mess them up pretty badly.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I would say...why not; it would be very sad to do that, but they don't really have a choice, now to replace them to introduce a live version in the MCU ? I don't know; but I'm open about that; the Incredibles are really known, and sadly because of Fox movies, the F4 are in a very bad place with the general audience; I know that suck for the comics fans, but sadly we are no more the main focus.
    No they are not.

General audiences do not CARE if Johnny Storm was black nor Sue Storm being played by Jessica Alba. Alba's film made a billion dollars. Jordan's movie was hampered by Fox and crybaby comic book nerds who cherry pick rage.
    You can't scream respect the source material when other films have not followed them-especially Deadpool, Suicide Squad, Batman vs Superman, Captain America, Thor and others.

It is not general audiences calling for boycotts nor violence (like shooting up theaters) towards movies like FF. Nobody cared about FF until that movie started casting. The same folks screaming and complaining never touched the comic book. Now that they are gone-suddenly folks want to care. They were called dull, boring and everything else in the book.

If X-Men fans were really mad at Marvel-I should not see any X-Men related book selling.

Marvel publishing an Incredibles comic? Fair enough. But it should be it's own universe, not in 616.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Absolutely not. Look I love the Incredibles movie but no I don't want them to replace the Fantastic Four. The Fantastic Four is turning in to one of my favorite superhero teams that would suck if they are replace like that. Marvel could use the Fantastic Four whenever they want they just choose not to. That being said if Marvel makes a comic with the Incredibles in them that could be fun, but not as a substitute for the Fantastic Four.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

Lurker

That might be worse than leaving the FF in limbo.

I feel like that would open a flood gate which would eventually be irreversibly terrible.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel publishing an Incredibles comic? Fair enough. But it should be it's own universe, not in 616.
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehogvampire View Post
    Absolutely not. Look I love the Incredibles movie but no I don't want them to replace the Fantastic Four. The Fantastic Four is turning in to one of my favorite superhero teams that would suck if they are replace like that. Marvel could use the Fantastic Four whenever they want they just choose not to. That being said if Marvel makes a comic with the Incredibles in them that could be fun, but not as a substitute for the Fantastic Four.
    Yes, I would love an Incredibles comic book, but not in main Marvel Universe. They should be their own thing.