Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

As the series is on a break this week, let's have a little discussion.

If I've understood it correctly they've completed their first year at U.A. soon, or now. And I've started wondering if Horikoshi will do another Sports Festival arc down the line.

If he does I kinda hope that Bakugo and Todoroki get eliminated fairly early, just to shake things up, and that Deku gets to at least the semi-finals and like Momo or Ochako wins the whole thing.

Would you like to see a second Sports Festival and what would you like to see in that kind of arc if these was one?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    As the series is on a break this week, let's have a little discussion.

If I've understood it correctly they've completed their first year at U.A. soon, or now. And I've started wondering if Horikoshi will do another Sports Festival arc down the line.

If he does I kinda hope that Bakugo and Todoroki get eliminated fairly early, just to shake things up, and that Deku gets to at least the semi-finals and like Momo or Ochako wins the whole thing.

Would you like to see a second Sports Festival and what would you like to see in that kind of arc if these was one?
    Given that it will be there second year, I would suspect/hope the events will be different

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given that it will be there second year, I would suspect/hope the events will be different
    The two first events would certainly be new and different.

But the final fighting tournament would probably still be around.

I believe right now they're still in the winter and Christmas hasn't happened yet, and end of school term is usually like February or March, so we aren't at the end of first year yet, but we are close. I am really interested how they're going to cap it off, I assume probably with another Exam arc, but they could easily add some bigger onto it too.

As for the Sports Festival, I do believe he will probably be doing a second one for the second year, because of how popular the first and story wise makes perfect sense to have it again. And I'm going for the prediction that the climax (or at least one of the matches) WILL be Midoryia and Bakugo, because that just seems like the perfect time to do their tie-breaker fight in which they both can go all out as equals.

So the new chapter is out, and somehow this fight (and ESPECIALLY this art) just keeps getting more and more insane...

spoilers:
    Re-Destro tries to destroy Shigaraki's hands, when he starts to experience more lost memories, first from All For One initially giving him the hands of his family, then of his older sister, Hana-chan.

Shigaraki manages to break free, revealing just how destroyed and intensified his body has become, with Re-Destro recognizing his quirk is evolving and commenting on how much he has grown since Kamino. Shigraki also receives a vision of his mother comforting him.

Re-Destro pushes his stress to 80%, turning into a giant black monster, knocking Shigaraki and his hands all over the place, where he receives visions of his grandparents, mentioning that "he always wanted them to say..." something. Right as this happens, Gigantomachia finally arrives, with Shigaraki left almost completely broken.

Shigaraki and powered up Re-Destro is so much nightmare fuel I love it. And looks like we're preparing for another big kaiju fight next time. I am curious about what's going on with Shigaraki. It seemed like AFO was trying to repress his memories to bring him down a certain path, so now that they are resurfacing, which direction will he go. Wonder if its possible he may "betray" AFO in some way?

Also, he mentions that Apocrypha (the ice guy) also had a quirk evolution that awakened when he got burned, so that could possibly add to the popular fan theories going around.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I am really enjoying how fragmented Shigaraki's story is so far. I'm totally re-reading this arc to get as proper a picture as possible. Right now it seems like he's made some kind of breakthrough, mainly apparent in the final words of his flashback (which are very similar to what Deku's wish in the first chapter). And the evolution of his quirk is quite terrifying (the fact that it spreads and is so fast now makes it stupidly dangerous).

I am so looking forward to the kaiju brawl between Re-Destro and Gigantomachia. I want to see what the big G can really do.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

We have a name and tag line for the next movie.

My Hero Academia The Movie: Heroes Rising

You're next

And Horikoshi had some interesting things to say about. Here from a fan translation:

“THE Author Comment:

In a way this movie is the final episode of MHA.

That’s because I’m using one thing I wanted to use in the final battle of the manga in this.

For everyone worried “Will the manga still be okay if you do that!?”, don’t worry. Because I’m worried too.

During the last movie I used what was already the most amazing thing I could think of, All Might and Deku, teacher and student, fighting together. So I had to come up with something to make this a movie that would surpass that. It was hard.

I don’t think there’s anything that can surpass what I’ve come up with for the next one, so I don’t think there will be a third movie. Probably.

Anyway, the second movie is even more PLUS ULTRA than the first so please look forward to it!”

I'm pretty ceratain that a lot of this comment is just Hori hyping up the movie. But there are still som interesting things to ponder based on the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    We have a name and tag line for the next movie.

My Hero Academia The Movie: Heroes Rising

You're next

And Horikoshi had some interesting things to say about. Here from a fan translation:

“THE Author Comment:

In a way this movie is the final episode of MHA.

That’s because I’m using one thing I wanted to use in the final battle of the manga in this.

For everyone worried “Will the manga still be okay if you do that!?”, don’t worry. Because I’m worried too.

During the last movie I used what was already the most amazing thing I could think of, All Might and Deku, teacher and student, fighting together. So I had to come up with something to make this a movie that would surpass that. It was hard.

I don’t think there’s anything that can surpass what I’ve come up with for the next one, so I don’t think there will be a third movie. Probably.

Anyway, the second movie is even more PLUS ULTRA than the first so please look forward to it!”

I'm pretty ceratain that a lot of this comment is just Hori hyping up the movie. But there are still som interesting things to ponder based on the comments.
    I agree he's probably exaggerating some things for hype, but I do think alot of the little hints are really interesting to try and dissect.

He says this is like the "final episode" of My Hero, and uses concepts of what was to be the original ending of the series, so timeline wise when exactly will this be taking place? I would assume, since this will be released in the middle of Season 4's airing, in between the events of Season 3 and 4 make the most sense.

Plus given we got Bakugo front and centre as well, it seems like this movie may end up being a continuation to Season 3's conclusion, with Midoryia and Bakugo doing something to try and stand up as All Might's successors. Which if that is the case, this probably implies the ending of the whole series either does, or did, involve them two as the focus, something that isn't too surprising.

I still feel like as long as the series keeps going strong (and this movie makes a crap load like the last), we'll get more films, just may be a longer wait. Hell, this was already a much shorter wait between films than I expected, only like 1 year and a half.

....okay, things got real REAL fast in the new chapter. Finally got the first clear half of Shigaraki's backstory.

spoilers:
    As he prepares to face off against giant Re-Destro, we jump to a flashback of Tomoura/Tenko when he was 5.

His dad, Kotoro, completely resents anything to do with heroes, due to being abandoned by his mother, Nana Shimura, and constantly punishes Tenko for wanting to be like them. His quirk has also not manifested yet.

He finds himself constantly scratches his eyes, due to mysterious allergies he only seems to geta round the house, telling his mother about playing heroes with lonely people, where she, his grandparents, and sister give him their support and courage, with Hana showing him the picture of Nana.

Kotoro finds out about this and as punishment, slaps him hard several times, berating how heroes are people who just hurt their own families to help complete strangers. Tenko screams for help, but everyone just watches in fear.

Kotoro reads an old goodbye letter from Nana, with the rest of the family telling him he went too far. Tenko is crying out in the backyard scratching at his dog, how much he hates everyone, right as something starts to manifest within him....

So yeah, the Midoryia parallels are VERY strong with this one. Young Tenko even resembles Midoryia greatly. And then you have everything going on with Kotoro, which is essentially what could've happened to Kota if he never met Midoryia and lived his life with nothing but resentment.

We'll probably get a more clearer answer next chapter, but there's also the question of how much All For One may be manipulating these events going on, like possibly giving him the quirk or causing the allergies in the first place. I'm predicting he's not responsible for giving him his power, but I do think he has something to do with what's going on, though don't know exactly what it will be.
    end of spoilers

Be on the look out, they have announced a spin-off called MHA Team ups I believe . The first issue is this month

Chapter is crazy, we all know this tragedy was looming but the seeds all laid out.

spoilers:
    It'd be easy to just have everyone be abusive but it's deeper than that. The father's damaged but has his reasons, and the rest of the family standing up to him at the end just complicated it further. Next chapter is about to be a hard read.
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Chapter is crazy, we all know this tragedy was looming but the seeds all laid out.

spoilers:
    It'd be easy to just have everyone be abusive but it's deeper than that. The father's damaged but has his reasons, and the rest of the family standing up to him at the end just complicated it further. Next chapter is about to be a hard read.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can't help but really dislike Kotaro and the other adults. I get the root cause of his issues and that it can be difficult to stand up to such a domineering person, and they absolutely do not deserve what's about to happen. But he's an abusive jerk and they're cowards, and I just don't care for them.

Little Tenko and Hana though. They're just kids. Kids with big dreams and hopes like any of the other main cast. But they're hit by a dark side of the super hero society that most people aren't privy to. It's absolutely no wonder that Shigaraki just hates super heroes in general and All Might in particular, and One For All's manipulation have only exacerbated that animosity.

With the way Shigaraki and Deku are evolving as characters I am really looking forward to their inevitable confrontation.

But first, we're going to get a very dark and very harsh chapter. It's going to be rough indeed.
    end of spoilers

New chapter's out

spoilers:
    And it is 100% as fucked up as I was expecting. Nothing terribly surprising given what we already knew, but graphic as all hell. The only thing that might be surprising was the intent behind the deaths. His sister and the dog are accidents, but his grandparents and mom are questionable whether he intended to or not. His father is absolutely on purpose though.

The one thing that has me wondering is did All for One have a hand in it, or was this all just happy accident for him? Tomura's allergies, his itch, that wave of pleasure, was that all internal or was he somehow being manipulated by some quirk?
    end of spoilers
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep. That was a short but INCREDIBLY intense chapter. Probably the most in the entire book. Why I held myself back a few days before actually reading because I knew it was gonna be tough.

New chapter's out

spoilers:
    And it is 100% as fucked up as I was expecting. Nothing terribly surprising given what we already knew, but graphic as all hell. The only thing that might be surprising was the intent behind the deaths. His sister and the dog are accidents, but his grandparents and mom are questionable whether he intended to or not. His father is absolutely on purpose though.

The one thing that has me wondering is did All for One have a hand in it, or was this all just happy accident for him? Tomura's allergies, his itch, that wave of pleasure, was that all internal or was he somehow being manipulated by some quirk?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I honestly think it would be more powerful if he didn't have a hand in this, but it does seem more likely than not that he has something to do with it. The man who dropped him off at the beginning of last chapter does eerily resemble All For One in another flashback earlier this arc, so I've seen many people predict it was him who gave Shigaraki the decay quirk.

What I'm really curious to know is now that all of this info is coming back to him, how will this effect his own goals, especially for how screwed up he was already back then. Or, if All For One is responsible and he finds out about that, how will he react?
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeep. That was a short but INCREDIBLY intense chapter. Probably the most in the entire book. Why I held myself back a few days before actually reading because I knew it was gonna be tough.
    Yeah.

I'm really enjoying this but at the same time, reading this chapter made me really miss the silly antics of the stupid kids training to become super heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    spoilers:
    I honestly think it would be more powerful if he didn't have a hand in this, but it does seem more likely than not that he has something to do with it. The man who dropped him off at the beginning of last chapter does eerily resemble All For One in another flashback earlier this arc, so I've seen many people predict it was him who gave Shigaraki the decay quirk.

What I'm really curious to know is now that all of this info is coming back to him, how will this effect his own goals, especially for how screwed up he was already back then. Or, if All For One is responsible and he finds out about that, how will he react?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I wouldn't mind it if the dude that dropped him off is AFO. But Tenko still could've developed his powers like most normal kids, just a bit slower. I'm hoping for that outcome since I agree that this just being a massive tragic accident seems more powerful. AFO could just be keeping tabs on them and figuring out how they work as a family. We'll see next chapter since I'm pretty sure it'll cover the first meeting between AFO and Tenko.

As for how Shigaraki will act now that his memories have returned. I'm pretty certain that they'll just reaffirm his convictions that hero society must be destroyed. That universal hatred was planted in him so very early by people that were meant to protect him. It's a core part of him, and I think that he'll feel a certain sense of clarity now and continue his mission against the world.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, the intent for the mother and grandparents is fascinatingly uncertain. I think Tenko acted instinctually in reaching out for his mother. Maybe because he wanted to be protected or because he wanted to hurt her or it was a muddle of both for him. And that combined with his new powers lashing out like they did without his control does make it complicated.
    end of spoilers