Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No way Storm is a Cancer. Claremont gave her his birthday, which would make her a Sagittarius, and that actually makes far more sense for her character.

I would break it down further for the other characters too, but maybe later.
    Completely agree. I'm a cancer and I can't see Storm being one at all. I think Jean is accurate.

Colossus is probably a Cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Scorpio is not only about sex. Gambit had a lot of deep moments. Most with Rogue.
    Also his selfloathing are much more closer to Scorpio then to Libra.
    You are probably right on Gambit since clearly you have more knowledge on him. :-)

But as I said this is my take on the character. I have a lot of Scorpio friends and Gambit don't make me think about them at all. The fun anyway is to see what you all think are their signs.

Spectacular Member

Dazzler's positive & negative traits always struck me as more of a Leo.

The only one I know that has a birthday that's been shown on a particular calendar day in the X-Books is Nightcrawler November 11th, so Scorpio (which actually suited very well with AOA Nightcrawler). Dave Cockrum gave his birthday to 'Crawler. Has anyone else's been linked to a day in the books? I can't remember another that has.

BANNED

Let me start by saying a few things:

I was deep into astrology in my teens. I'd not only read about it, but I'd also learned how to draw up natal charts of friends and family and studied them and practised by telling them what their natal charts say about them. It was back in the days before there was the internet, so armed with an ephemeris and a Book of Houses, and information of their date, time and place of birth, I would do the math by hand and work out the positions of the sun, moon, Mercury and all the rest of the planets and draw up a natal chart. I would then study the natal chart and when I felt I was ready, tell the friend whose chart I'd prepared and studied what I had gleaned from it.

So, in short, I was REALLY into astrology.

But I'm also a critic and believe that astrology is a pseudoscience. However, we can assume, for this discussion, that in Marvel's 616 universe, astrology is real, so here're my contributions to this game:

But first, some basic concepts I'd like to introduce that astrologers use all the time:

1) The Sun
    2) The Moon
    3) The Ascendant

The Sun

When someone says he is a Capricorn because he was born between Dec 21 and Jan 19, what is really happening is that the sun was in Capricorn when he was born. The sun is one's EGO, and SENSE OF IDENTITY. It is his CORE. Therefore, the position of the sun plays a huge part of a person's character, but it does not determine all of what he is. Another important component of a person's character is the moon.

The Moon

The moon governs one's feelings and emotions. For example, say a person's moon is in Taurus. Taurus, being an Earth sign, is one of practicality, pragmatism, security, reliability. Taurus is also a sensual sign, and to do with being tactile. So his feelings would tend towards being more down to earth and practical. He also won't be very emotional.

The Ascendant

The Ascendant is the sign that is rising on the horizon when one is born. This govern's one outward behavior. It is his mask. People tend not to display their true self to strangers in a party or other casual social situations. Instead, they put on a mask that is comfortable for them to wear but yet, not their true identity or feelings. Someone with say, Gemini as the Ascendant would be one that would give others the first impression of being talkative and intellectual, with an engaging personality. But these traits would only be surface-level.

Now let's put these three together (though I'm pretty rusty):

Suppose we have someone born with the sun in Sagittarius, moon in Libra, and with Capricorn as the Ascendant. On first meeting him, he would seem like a calm and collected person with a measured demeanour. He would not talk much. This is the Capricorn that you see when you first meet him.

But once you've gotten to know him better as a person, you'd find that he has a magnanimous personality, with a philosophical outlook on life. He is also restless and likes to travel and see and learn more and imbibing and learning from other cultures. This is the sun in Sagittarius at work.

If you're part of his nuclear family, like his wife or his child, or very close to him such that he lets his hair down and lets you know how he feels about things that are important to him, you'll see the moon in Libra in action. The things that are important to him on an emotional level are peacefulness and harmony and will endeavour to work out harmonious relations among people close to him.

In short, a person isn't governed by just one sign all the time in all situations. Mercury holds sway over the mind and the intellect, Venus influences one's love life, and so on.

Take Gambit, for example. His core personality seems very much like Gemini or Libra to me. These two are Air signs. He is clever and likes to show it. His wittiness seems like a mask, so he might have Gemini as the Ascendant, with the sun in Libra, due to his love for beauty. However, he is passionate with the women he loves, especially with Rogue. So his moon sign is likely one of the Water signs, with Scorpio being the likeliest.

I hope this takes the game to a higher level, so that we don't just assign just one sign to a character and have him be governed by just that sign's attributes alone. A character can be different in different situations and with different people.

Have fun!

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Nightcrawler has a birthday in early November (Nov. 11 I believe), according to comic cannon and Dave Cockrum, which makes him a Scorpio.

I personally don't believe in horoscopes, so what it says about Scorpios matters not to me, and it doesn't really fit him either. (My sign doesn't match my personality at all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Completely agree. I'm a cancer and I can't see Storm being one at all. I think Jean is accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Colossus is probably a Cancer.
    Cancerians among the younger generations:

NM - Cypher for sure. Maybe Cannonball
    Gen X - Uh... Skin? Maybe Synch
    NXM - Anole and Indra, with a slight chance of Elixir
    Bendis kids - Ben Deeds

BANNED

May is Storm month so Storm is Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    May is Storm month so Storm is Gemini
    May is mostly Taurus lol. I could see Ororo as the bull tho

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    You are probably right on Gambit since clearly you have more knowledge on him. :-)

But as I said this is my take on the character. I have a lot of Scorpio friends and Gambit don't make me think about them at all. The fun anyway is to see what you all think are their signs.
    Noone can be right. It`s just a different view
    You overall did a really good work with characters and signs and unique thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Storm, an earth sign? lol, preposterous!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Cancerians among the younger generations:

NM - Cypher for sure.
    I think this is absolutely right.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm, an earth sign? lol, preposterous!
    Why? Riding the winds is her mutant power, but her spiritual essence is communion with Gaia. I think she fits much better with a Mother Earth sign.

BANNED

Since the highlight of the Storm Month will be the last day of May, so Storm's birthday would be that day andthat makes her a Gemini.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I think this is absolutely right.
    I KNOW it's right. Everybody else on my list may be wrong but I'm a 1000% certain of Doug I wish my man comes back. Fingers crossed for the rumored new NM title, even if he's not included in the movie.

Why? Riding the winds is her mutant power, but her spiritual essence is communion with Gaia. I think she fits much better with a Mother Earth sign.
    Yeah, nature goddess = Earth sign seems kind of obvious to me. I also know a few Taureans and Librans (both Earth signs) who give me strong OM vibes.

But I'm curious to hear yogaflame's perspective.