Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1571
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Needed to post this here. I think this is becoming one of my favorite costumes for Lorna. She always looks amazing in it.

Pumped for this Wednesday too. A great time for Polaris (ignoring Trial).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Needed to post this here. I think this is becoming one of my favorite costumes for Lorna. She always looks amazing in it.

Look, I'm not very supportive of superheroes wearing dresses, but this uniform is really wonderful, I'm really glad the spotlight is on Lorna now.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Javier Pina is one of my favourite artists, right now. His style compliments Larraz's perfectly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

She's so damn extra with that helmet! LOL

Lorna got a couple of shout out here. 11:10.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-22-2021 at 03:06 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

It’s proving to be popular yes.

Link

crimsonartsillustration: Lorna Dane! BITCH! My favorite X-woman on the new X-Men team.

It’s far better then any 90s costume she had certainly.

Notice the pose.

Anyway the 100$ question for X-Men #5 is do we get her motivation and if so what is it?

I think the answer is likely coming or at least part of the answer. As for Lorna and Mags their relationship is going to need an overhaul, but that is an issue for another day.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-23-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lorna got a couple of shout out here. 11:10.
    Thanks!! I think this Polaris moment was one of the first X-men to show such a destructive level of power.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Anyway the 100$ question for X-Men #5 is do we get her motivation and if so what is it?
    Ooh, I saw a lot of negative comments about Duggan's writing on Polaris,it pissed me off. Some said she was a clone of Emma Frost, with pre-teen attitudes, superficial, catchphrases, coffee girl. Lol, these people don't really know Polaris.

Polaris does some things I haven't see any magnetism manipulator do before in X-men #5. She's always been a reluctant participant in my mind, but now she's out front on the X-men team and we are seeing why. She is seeing why too.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LordRetai...31165188902913

If Marvel is going to keep Magneto as the top level of power for magnetism, having Polaris be able to manage a broader level of feats is a good way to differentiate her from Magneto without making her a weak version of him.
    Dark does not mean deep.

About X-Men #5:

spoilers:
    I think it was OK and Lorna had an amazing show of power, first with her handling of the reactor (loved this) and then with her absolute dominance over the Reavers, but I'm still a bit disappointed because I was very excited to see Lorna's motivations explored :/ it seems like Duggan is leaning more into an scenery of Lorna having insecurities about herself, but I think it was still a wasted opportunity to show why she would feel that way and how it may be connected to things about her past. Maybe in another issue. Aside from this, it is me or it was touching subtetly her trauma with the line "Polaris saved countless of lives by containing the accident, but some days nothing could pull her from melancholy's grip"?.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm conflicted. I LOVED a lot about this, but some other things were a bit lacking.

spoilers:
    I don't mind Lorna being insecure, but I hate that she wasn't really given a stronger motivation then Jean believing in her. Don't get me wrong I love Polaris and Jean, and seeing their relationship get some interesting wrinkles is nice, but I wanted Lorna's driving force have more to do with her personal history. I wish Duggan could have connected Lorna's feelings to her own experiences.

I did love seeing Lorna be powerful though. Handling that reactor and creating a field that protected her from radiation was great.
    end of spoilers

Still thoroughly enjoyed this.

Dr. Lorna Dane was fabulous in this month's issue.

Also, can one of you remind me what issue this panel is from?

I am going to have to agree with the chorus. It was certainly good, but lacking a key ingredient.

spoilers:
    There is a great deal to like about this story. The scenes with Jean were strong. The power usage was good, the doctor jokes and the scenes at the nuclear plant were good. The battle was fun. I wouldn't have minded if the story played up the conflict with Laura, but I am fine it didn't too. What was lacking was a motivational connection between her history and what she is doing now.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Dr. Lorna Dane was fabulous in this month's issue.

Also, can one of you remind me what issue this panel is from?

New X-Men #132

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm actually fine with her motivation not directly linked to her past. I don't want yet another writer putting his "spin" on the traumas she went through, from inception to XoS, for two pages and a few panels (an exposition spread as done with Sunfire will never adequately satisfy any of you, so don't even...)

I already know what brought Lorna to this point...and yes, she still has some lingering doubts but clearly she's working on getting past those.

Not all the decisions we make in life has to be predicated on the past...some of those are based on a desire and willingness to just move forward.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-24-2021 at 09:50 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!