Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    My heart is still pounding

The Good:

- YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

The Bad:

- I generally have thought to myself whenever Kate has been on panel that I really couldn't care less. But put against the Cass and Steph stuff, I literally didn't even bother to read most of it this time. I'll probably read it on my second read through.
    -For a super genius, Ulysses is really stupid.

Best issue of the book since Intelligence. Cass and Steph got some good banter, Azrael and Batwing were hilariously beaten off-screen for the millionth time because that is their lot in this book, the reveal and the impact it may have was worth the wait (even if Ulysses WAS an idiot thinking this would work) and I have to agree with a Tumblr acquaintance of mine, spoilers:
    that one panel of Cass and Babs
    end of spoilers is literally better than everything else DC has put out in the last 10 years.

#981, Tynion, I'm counting on you to deliver.

It was very clearly supposed to be more meta than anything else. And while Batman hasn't rejected the two here, he hasn't been nearly as close to Cass (something which was addressed back at the start of the arc) and both girls lack their connections to the BatFamily.
    I was thinking of you when I read it and hoping you'd be pleased. Glad you were. Cass/Steph part was fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Fair points. For me, Steph's time as Robin and Batgirl are some of the most important comics I own, so seeing them honored here was so meaningful to me.

I agree about Eaton's art. Originally, we were going to have Martinez do the last three issues, but he's getting a head start on Justice League Dark. I'm really glad we're getting Barrows for the last issue - I don't like him quite as much as Martinez, but the idea of having the first and last issues of Tec drawn and covered by Barrows and Ferreira is really satisfying for me. Kinda wish they'd been able to get him for this issue, too. I think he would be been a bit more interesting, visually.

I do encourage you to check out Steph and Cass's time as Batgirl! The important issues have all been collected now - three for Cass, two for Steph - and they're a great read! (Just don't read the Convergence stuff till after. )
    Oh, I plan on checking them out someday. I’m close to being 22, so I still have a lot of time up ahead to keep reading comics
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    Oh, I plan on checking them out someday. I’m close to being 22, so I still have a lot of time up ahead to keep reading comics
    Ah, I remember that time, almost a decade ago. I do think they're definitely worth putting on the top of your TBR pile!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Ah, I remember that time, almost a decade ago. I do think they're definitely worth putting on the top of your TBR pile!
    That pile keeps on getting bigger and bigger, like Hydra, read a comic and two more shall take its place hahaha
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

That pile keeps on getting bigger and bigger, like Hydra, read a comic and two more shall take its place hahaha
    Isn't that part of the joy of being a comics reader, though?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

I went digital personally, but i understand you, there is always something more to read

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I went digital personally, but i understand you, there is always something more to read
    Well, digital definitely makes comics more accessible, but I'm just a sucker for paper. If I lived at the US, I think I would spend every dime buying from Amazon or comic book stores haha

Well, digital definitely makes comics more accessible, but I'm just a sucker for paper. If I lived at the US, I think I would spend every dime buying from Amazon or comic book stores haha
    My big thing about digital is that if you can get a good reading device, it remains looking good. I bought some old newsprint comics that I loved from 2005, and the blacks were incredibly faded. I got the same thing as a digital comic, and it's crisp and gorgeous today. (I hope comixology and Amazon stay a thing for at least ten more years, so it matter. ).