Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Love this review. Some lovely insight on the relationship between Biz and Jason.

https://batman-news.com/2018/07/12/r...aws-24-review/

Quote Originally Posted by G-Potion View Post
    Love this review. Some lovely insight on the relationship between Biz and Jason.

https://batman-news.com/2018/07/12/r...aws-24-review/
    Very good review, very insighful, as always. And I agree entirely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    I can't wait for the Bat showdown. My money is on the Batman (cause he is the Batman!), but I want to see Jason making him bleed. Even Batgod bleeds!
    He likely will, to give more dramatic meaning to Jason's self inflicted exile from Gotham and the arc but coincidently enough, Bruce has never come out on top in the book in the two previous times the writer had the two briefly clash (Rebirth#0 and the RATHO#1 vol1 flashback).

Maybe third time will be the charm but oh - there will be blood!

BANNED

By the way, the "Dammed Prince of Gotham" is just the best summation of Jason ever and "today I am my father's son" the best line of the year.

*glass shattering*

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    He likely will, to give more dramatic meaning to Jason's self inflicted exile from Gotham and the arc but coincidently enough, Bruce has never come out on top in the book in the two previous times the writer had the two briefly clash (Rebirth#0 and the RATHO#1 vol1 flashback).

Maybe third time will be the charm but oh - there will be blood!
    Looking at the previews for upcoming issues, Jason gets his ass handed to him.

If he gets a few hits in, it's a win in my book.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Picking this up today. When will we have the big Batman Red Hood meeting or is this in this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Picking this up today. When will we have the big Batman Red Hood meeting or is this in this issue?
    Will be next month's issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Looking at the previews for upcoming issues, Jason gets his ass handed to him.
    It`s possible he gets trashed and it`s very likely he will lose to set the next arc.

I just sit more in the second lane given the track record thus far. At the very least, there`s no way Bruce comes out looking pretty in the mirror after the fight. That is, if Jason doesn`t pull his punches before the emotional breakdown.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Next issue will be the big clash with double the pages, I believe.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    It`s possible he gets trashed and it`s very likely he will lose to set the next arc.

I just sit more in the second lane given the track record thus far. At the very least, there`s no way Bruce comes out looking pretty in the mirror after the fight. That is, if Jason doesn`t pull his punches before the emotional breakdown.
    Yeah, I don't think that Jason's going to be pulling his punches in this fight at all so while he might "get his ass handed to him" he'll also be giving as good as he gets.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    A solid issue that it did exactly what it was meant to do, but the execution itself was pretty sloppy. All the time spent on Bizarro's plotline was a waste of time since it everything was just solved off panel and doesn't really mesh with the start of the plot (Chairzarro was supposed to remain after Bizarro regressed to help the team), same with the Artemis and Creeper/Lex plotlines. Jason's actions regarding the Penguin while emotional, are also rushed, lacking good buildup for the situation to be earned. Plus, the odds of it actually sticking are really low. The timing for it is also pretty awkward considering the events on Batwoman and the main title. All in all, is obvious editorial is rushing things up so they can push the new angle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm talking about the fact Chairzarro started the fortress' self destruct function once Bizarro regressed, despite issue 14 showing he was designed to literally do the opposite.

I reread issue 14 and it only states about Chairzarro: "That is a holographic projection I'll [Bizarro] leave behind to monitor the parameters of my predictive criminal alternative program." And I interpreted "leave behind" as "when Smart-Bizarro is busy somewhere else but still connected to him as some kind of energy source". So if Smart-Bizarro regresses the holographic projection will collapse. At least the issue does not specify that Chairzarro can work without the existence of Smart-Bizarro.

But yes, the Creeper was completely unnecessary. And the rest of the Artemis/Lex plotline could be vague to see readers reactions to Artemis possibly killing Jason's father first? Which would be my preferred outcome. I want to see Jason's reaction since he "killed" the Penguin for sending his father to prison but there is no way Jason would do the same to Artemis who killed Willis.

By the way, how do you people interpret the scene where Bizarro asks "How does Bizarro story end?" and Pup Pup answers "same as everyone else, big guy." Does "everyone else" refer to former Bizarro clones who all died? Did Bizarro not only regress but could he also be dying soon?

BANNED

The chairzarro bit honestly simply looks as safe measure if Bizarro regresses. Smart Biz would almost obviouly work that way and that's why he was so adamant in keeping the kryptonite baths going.

He regresses and the safe lock goes awol. I'm going to re-read issue 14 but reading the current issue didn't set my loophole alarm.

As for pup pup, yeah. Smartzarro had the inteligence to likely keep any potential cloning degeneration going but standard Biz doesn't. Wondering if that will come back as a Luthor manipulation.

Phenomenal issue. Only way it could be better is if they actually killed Penguin off and kept Penguin dead.

Fantastic I loved it. Great story, great art, all the characters were spot on.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."