Page 191 of 613 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 9194

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thanks Last Son

Seems Lois and Clark may still be a team

BMB: Action Comics in general will focus more on Metropolis and Earth and stories that come out of the Daily Planet. Stories that Lois and Clark will be chasing will come out of there. The home base will be the Daily Planet even though you may not get to it for a whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think Action is going to be my favorite of the two Bendis Superbooks. Can't wait for more focus on Metropolis and the Daily Planet.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    I think Action is going to be my favorite of the two Bendis Superbooks. Can't wait for more focus on Metropolis and the Daily Planet.
    I'm with you on this one. The "mystery" Bendis speaks of in Action Comics is much more interesting to me than the "epic" of Superman. The sci-fi stuff is so cool and not explored enough!
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I liked these new comments:

AiPT!: With Superman #1 there’s a bit of a summary page to open the book. It sort of catches us up and I’m curious, will that continue with every issue?

BMB: We’re going to do them when we need them and I know people say, “DC didn’t do a recap,” but they’ve done them in the past. I brought it with me as a tool. It’s one of the reasons why my writing is so freed up from exposition from clunky, “Hey Batman aren’t you a member of the Justice League?” kind of writing. The recap page lets you quickly and stylishly get a couple big things across and then you get your story. And the page doesn’t come out of the page count too.

AiPT!: They’re not skimping us one page.

BMB: That’s a big deal for me. All the issues of Man of Steel have been over 22 pages. The last one was 29.
    AiPT!: Are there any disadvantages to writing two flagship books about a single character?

“The cover-up and its reveal will bring about something in the DC universe that hasn’t been there before.”
    BMB: I know I will always agree with, if someone was like, “I would like another voice on another book”, sure! I would love if this writer or that writer was writing Superman. Any creator who wants to do Superman has another way to do it too. In the meantime, during my time you get me.

[Both laugh]

AiPT!: You’re taking that from us, Brian!

BMB: But you know what I’ve only been here like a month and a half. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I liked these new comments:
    All the imprints DC has gives other creators the chance to play with Supes whenever they want, so I agree with Bendis here. I do question if he can keep up with both books for long though. It wouldn't surprise me if he dropped Superman eventually and just wrote Action since the street-level stuff is where his real interests lie imo.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I think eventually once Bendis wraps the UNITY saga in SUPERMAN in a year or so he will probably step aside and let another writer take the reigns with input from him. I could see a scenario where he takes full control of ACTION and either co plots Superman with someone or has an acolyte write it. Sort of how SUPERGIRL is being handled.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I think he’s gonna write both for a few years, but maybe we’ll get a relaunch of Adventures of Superman or something down the line.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Posted this on the MOS thread, but I think just as it died: realized that with the symbol on Zaar's axe, when discussing it Hal ends up putting the emphasis on "it's a CIRCLE". Same as Zaar's former bosses. Presumably their symbol then.

Not-unrelated note: anyone else notice Zaar's basically wearing a beat-up ersatz Superman costume? Red and blue and yellow with a cape, but the colors are all elsewhere. Hell, if we can take the circle as his symbol, it's something curvy with a symbol made up of hard lines contained inside it (a pair of lightning bolts that when 'drawn' by Superman in #5 kind of look like a pair of S's), rather than an angular shape containing a curvy symbol.
    Buh-bye

Gleason just tweeted he is on only for the launch arc and that he will be doing a secret project with Bendis afterwards

Supergirl?
    Lois?

Is he a good fit for a Lois book?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Gleason just tweeted he is on only for the launch arc and that he will be doing a secret project with Bendis afterwards

Supergirl?
    Lois?

Is he a good fit for a Lois book?
    Interesting, could be anything. Wish Bendis wasn't writing even more books, because his writing quality will just go down, but very interested in what this could be.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Here's Gleason's tweet https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...27989918056450

Nice! Can't wait to see what the project ends up being. I like the sound of "huge secret project." Could honestly be anything. But I feel pretty comfortable in at least guessing that it'll be in the Superman world.

And that makes me really, really happy. I'm personally not worried about Bendis' writing suffering because unlike past situations, it's all in the character's world. He'd more so be writing the books an the issues as almost a mega anthology similar to A Song of Ice & Fire/Game of Thrones where it's comparatively smaller stories in one big story. Plus, he's already 14 issues ahead with his current stuff. A sense of a real plan here.

Given how involved Gleason been in Jon's development, and the fact that Super Sons is basically gone, I'm thinking/hoping to a proper Superboy book out of this. Bendis obviously has a lot of plans for the character, and I think he'll spend the first year or so gearing him up for solo status. This would also likely leave room for Super Sons reunions in the book too especially if Gleason has anything to say about it.

Or it might be an event book? Regardless, I'm pretty hype.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Given how involved Gleason been in Jon's development, and the fact that Super Sons is basically gone, I'm thinking/hoping to a proper Superboy book out of this. Bendis obviously has a lot of plans for the character, and I think he'll spend the first year or so gearing him up for solo status. This would also likely leave room for Super Sons reunions in the book too especially if Gleason has anything to say about it.
    If Jon's an adult, count me out.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    If Jon's an adult, count me out.
    Sure, totally up to you.

I just find myself looking at the image of Jon on DCs insta and seeing maybe a teen rather than an adult. That may be tomaytoe tomawto to you, but that's something imo. My mind kind of goes to Tom Strong, ya know? Like, when he was 10 he actually had the boy of a 15 year old due to his upbringing.

But whatever that image ends up meaning, I think it's helpful to keep an open mind. I mean, it's an unfolding story, and that is still giving our main characters their reasons for propelling through this specific story. Clark just got his with the whole "maybe I can do more" idea. Lois is coming back with hers and I'm 100% sure Jon is coming back with his.

I mean, can you image watching/reading Game of Thrones but stopping just because you-know-who dies reeeeealy early on? Or stopping Danni's story early on? Unthinkable, right? That's how I think of it. Not saying you have to agree, but just that it's a different perspective.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 07-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I mean, can you image watching/read Game of Thrones but stopping just because you-know-who dies reeeeealy early on? Or stopping Danni's story early on? Unthinkable, right? That's how I think of it. Not saying you have to agree, but just that it's a different perspective.
    I'm worried, but I'll stick around, mainly because Bendis has written great interpretations of established characters, I think he's only really bad at team books. Don't put him on one of those.

I'm giving this more of a chance than I'm giving King's Batman that's for sure.

I have no interest in seeing Jon older before his time, so I hope it's temporary.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 07-16-2018 at 03:22 AM.