Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Baron Zemo's finest moment (IMHO).
    cool16.jpg
    Last edited by K7P5V; 06-17-2019 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Made a correction.

what's going on in punisher someone take those bullets for me
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    what's going on in punisher someone take those bullets for me
    Punisher is taking a ridiculous amount of time getting to Zemo after leading a small revolt in Bagallia. they are not even in the same hemisphere as of last issue. it's the worst kind of tease. next issue had Kingpin on the cover. so i'm guessing that Castle's going to cut some kind of deal with Fisk to get at Zemo (before predictably killing a bunch of Fisk's red shirts).

BANNED

Avengers #6 Jul 1964
    First full appearance of Baron Zemo, and first appearance of the second Black Knight in
    "The Mighty Avengers Meet The Masters Of Evil!"

En route to respond to the Teen Brigade's distress call, Captain America gives the other Avengers a demonstration of
    skill with his shield. Cap thanks Iron Man for upgrading his shield with transistors, making the shield even easier to use.
    He thinks of Bucky and begins to dwell on the past.

Prior to the Teen Brigade's distress signal, over the jungles of South America, a pilot flies a plane along
    a perilous route to bring supplies to his master, Baron Zemo. Zemo examines the latest scientific journals,
    looking for a formula to dissolve the mysterious "Adhesive X," which has permanently bonded his hood to his face.

He angrily discovers in a newspaper that Captain America is alive, and explains to the pilot that Captain America

caused his hood to be glued to his face. The pilot leaves Zemo, with instructions to find three people...

In present day New York, the Teen Brigade are still waiting for the Avengers to arrive.
    One of the Teen Brigade members, Tom, explains that the situation has escalated
    and that the Black Knight is flying over the city, spraying a mysterious chemical onto the streets below.
    After a brief time, the city is brought to a standstill, with people and vehicles alike stuck on the spot.
    The Melter appears, bragging about how Zemo has upgraded his melting ray so that it affects all metals, instead of only iron.
    Radioactive Man joins him, and they continue to spray adhesive and stamp out any resistance from the police.
    Suddenly, the Avengers appear and battle the villains.
    Unaware of the trap, Captain America and Giant-Man are stuck to the ground by the Adhesive X.
    As the Wasp and Thor hold off the villains, Iron Man cuts through the ground beneath
    the trapped heroes and drags the pavement away with a tow truck, heroes still attached.
    The Black Knight appears and charges the truck. Thor leaps ahead and knocks the Black Knight off-balance.
    As the Avengers escape, Zemo arrives and is updated by the other villains.
    He realizes that if anyone can find a solution to Adhesive X, it is the Avengers, so he decides to wait until they have found one.

Back in the Avengers HQ, the heroes try in vain to remove the adhesive.
    The Wasp remembers that the villain Paste-Pot Pete is an authority on pastes and adhesives.
    He helps the Avengers, in an effort to reduce his prison sentence.
    Iron Man retrieves the "super-dissolver" and frees Cap and Giant-Man.
    They realize that each of the villains had been gathered because they had an advantage against certain members of the team,
    and decide to switch enemies to confuse them and gain the upper hand. Cap contacts the Teen Brigade, as they are also vital to the plan.

Elsewhere, Zemo and his newly-formed Masters of Evil prepare for their next attack on the city.
    The pilot is left alone to refill Adhesive X canisters, but is ambushed by the Teen Brigade, who replace the adhesive with the super-dissolver.
    Unknowingly, the Masters of Evil take the dissolver and spray it over the city, freeing all the previously-trapped citizens.
    Thor leaps into action, and targets the Black Knight. After a brief duel in the air, Thor captures him.

Down on the street, Giant-Man approaches Radioactive Man.
    With Iron Man's help he outwits the villain and encases him in lead to nullify his radioactive powers.
    Iron Man is suddenly attacked by the Melter but manages to escape.
    Tricked into melting a fire hydrant, he is captured when the water short-circuits his melting device.

Back at the Masters of Evil's base, Zemo discovers the Teen Brigade and hypnotizes them with his Hypno-Ray.
    Before he can instruct them, Zemo is attacked by Captain America.

They are equally matched, until the pilot recovers and shoots Cap from behind, grazing his temple.
    Before they escape, the pilot decides to finish Cap off.
    He is thwarted however, when the Wasp secretly pushes a nail into the barrel of his pistol, causing the bullet to miss its target.
    Giant-Man pursues the fleeing pilot and captures him, while Zemo escapes.
    The Avengers are annoyed that they didn't capture Zemo, but Cap confidently informs the team that the
    canister that Zemo stole wasn't the dissolver but is in fact tear gas, swapped earlier by the Teen Brigade.
    They see Zemo's heli-ship crash in the distance, and leave the police to pick him up.

Script by Stan Lee, pencils by Jack Kirby, inks by Chic Stone

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers #6 Jul 1964
    First full appearance of Baron Zemo, and first appearance of the second Black Knight in
    "The Mighty Avengers Meet The Masters Of Evil!"...
    Point of clarification: that post is regarding the appearance of Baron Heinrich Zemo, not his son Helmut.
    *breathes in*

With all of his stories being available to read on services like Marvel Unlimited and his consistent appearances in Punisher, I have decided to create a thread where we may all bask in the glory of our favorite two-second antihero/allmighty villain/Master of Evil leader/Hydra exec/only a Nazi sometimes/very handsome purple sock-headed legend, Helmut Zemo...

Heinrich really does deserve more respect for looking at the Avengers, the Avengers with Captain America, and then deciding to take them down by busting a nut all over New York.

That's your focus? The man just swiped right through a trash can!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    That's your focus? The man just swiped right through a trash can!
    A more shocking death than Gwen Stacy's!

Surprise cameo! Yes! I am this desperate!

Quote Originally Posted by snoop dogg View Post
    yesssssss!!!!!!!

Hopefully we can get Bruhl in a proper costume this go-around.

(I'll always be a little disappointed he never got to really fight Steve).

can't find a picture of it urk

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...42092432560128

even liefeld gets it

can't find a picture of it urk

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...42092432560128

even liefeld gets it
    He sounds like he's seen it, but I think the news report would've mentioned it if it had happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He sounds like he's seen it, but I think the news report would've mentioned it if it had happened.
    Most credible twitter accounts/sources are saying he put the mask on