Page 115 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2172

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    As far as interracial couples go look at the shit storm that happened when Bishop and Jean got together in that alternate reality, Jean fans were not happy about that. People are still calling for Bishop and Sage to get together but Marvel refuses to do it. Sunspot had a brief something with Magma, that flamed out; and on and on. Ironically it seems if it's a black man and a white woman people seem to have a problem but a white man and black woman people for the most part seem ok with it. Such as some who would like to see Cyclops and Frenzy get together or Storm and Namor. Even in the wider MU it seems to be a problem, Cloak and Dagger should only be friends not romantic partners. look at all the Captain Marvel fans celebrating Carol dumping Rhodey. They never liked the fact that Carol was with a black man and saw him as beneath her. She needs a new love interest they say preferably someone white, man or woman. But just not Rhodey. So nothing will change, white couples will always be front and center and get all the development.
    Given the demographics of a lot of comic consumers being white males. I think that should answer that question, it fits within the taboo fantasy of fictional characters and racial situations. Plus Storm has been the acceptable token black female that has transitioned.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Aboriginals are as African as Pacific Islanders. Being black is not a two-part thing, it's whatever a country decides.
    More like how eurocentric society is, when a white group encounters similar but different looking ppl that have relations, no matter how distant. Hence the messiness with this topic in general.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Interracial couples with black women aren't that rare on Marel. We saw at least 3 with Storm.
    Falcon wasn't on the same team that Misty, it happened n his catain america solo that she was a government agent or something like that.

Oh yes, they are old fashioned style but it isn't a problem to me.

for the shippers not of course LOL

for objective readers, oh they are pure toxic
    I meant more in media in general, where black man white woman is more common.

Would you say any of Storm's relationships are as iconic or long lasting as the others?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    Given the demographics of a lot of comic consumers being white males. I think that should answer that question, it fits within the taboo fantasy of fictional characters and racial situations. Plus Storm have been the acceptable token black female that has transitioned.

More like how eurocentric society is, when a white group encounters similar but different looking ppl that have relations, no matter how distant. Hence the messiness with this topic in general.
    Yeah, for some reason white guys are ok with white male characters in IR relationships more than white female ones

Your second paragraph is on point. Not every PoC group is the same

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, for some reason white guys are ok with white male characters in IR relationships more than white female ones

Your second paragraph is on point. Not every PoC group is the same
    That isn't true, white males arent ok with Black males dating white women. Everytime it happen there is a lot of crying on forums

Ultimate Member

That isn't true, white males arent ok with Black males dating white women. Everytime it happen there is a lot of crying on forums
    That's what I meant

Might want to read that comment again, lol

Mik is saying, what you are saying.

I thought the original Berbers were black, like the Egyptians were, but later mixed with Arabs and Germanic tribes. I could be wrong though

It's sad to see colorism is a general thing in societies, though
    Correct

I meant more in media in general, where black man white woman is more common.

Would you say any of Storm's relationships are as iconic or long lasting as the others?
    Forge and Storm are iconic and a big part of Claremont run. Wolverine and storm is also popular online

Just bad writing. White writers who either don't care or won't try to write black characters. There is no reason someone like Darwin shouldn't be one of the most powerful x-men ever. He's been around since second class and is always treated as an afterthought. Hopefully Synch can be that guy now since I always saw him as the breakout star of Gen X based on how levelheaded and powerful he was, he was going to be the leader of that bunch and then they killed him off. But a big part of it is also the fact that writers only focus on a handful of popular x-men and kind of drag the others along. Polaris, Havok, Colossus, Iceman, Angel, are all undercooked and underdeveloped characters compared to how long they have been around.

Ultimate Member

Forge and Storm are iconic and a big part of Claremont run. Wolverine and storm is also popular online
    Ok. Honestly I don't see her with Logan

And neither relationship seems to result in her having a family legacy like Scott and Jean get

I wish it wasn't. At least Forge and Storm is more senisble, though that was also more of a fling and Forge also isn't a regularly accuring character if were being honest.

Her being with Logan, is just a rebound for thing Logan. Whatever he has a fallout with Jean or she dies. Outside that framing, they have nothing in common.

There's no stable uniracial PoC or biracial couples. We need more Black and half-Black ones
    Facts but some are far too attached to the idea that interracial couples is how you showcase progress in modern society. When that barely scratches the surface - a black people being with someone that isn't black shouldn't be this special thing and with there being more non-hetero relationships. That counts more as a thing to celebrate in this day and age.

Then you have the aforementioned lack of biracial couples or black couples but that isn't suprising to me, given the main issue that was brought up a few pages aog. In regards to there being a lack of non-white creators that would even know how to represent that dynamic without a white creator feeling the need to create bs drama by forcing a break up. Like i'm cool with Jesscia and Cage being together but him not being with Misty Knight for long and her getting with Iron Fist was jarring as hell. Just in terms of the characterization of that relationship.
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Ultimate Member

Given the demographics of a lot of comic consumers being white males. I think that should answer that question, it fits within the taboo fantasy of fictional characters and racial situations. Plus Storm has been the acceptable token black female that has transitioned.
    Don't forget most black women have ZERO issue going after a black man with a non-black woman. It has happened to Michael B Jordan, John Ridley (with calls for boycotts of his work), Mike Colter (whose wife was BOOED on the Wendy Williams Show), Kyrie Irving & Cheerios.

Ironically it seems if it's a black man and a white woman people seem to have a problem but a white man and black woman people for the most part seem ok with it.
    Folks have zero issues with black males being asexual creatures or oversex hounds. They can't be the middle ground for some.

I wish it wasn't. At least Forge and Storm is more senisble, though that was also more of a fling and Forge also isn't a regularly accuring character if were being honest.

Her being with Logan, is just a rebound for thing Logan. Whatever he has a fallout with Jean or she dies. Outside that framing, they have nothing in common.
    I never cared about it too, but the characters are very popular and have been teased many times together. For me it was more like friends with benefits with some rebond time.

It was also cut short by Logan' death and Coates later put her and T'challa together. For me is more about popularity than the writing on Logan/Ororo

Ultimate Member

That just shows the unfortunate neglect of Native American characters as well.

Facts but some are far too attached to the idea that interracial couples is how you showcase progress in modern society. When that barely scratches the surface - a black people being with someone that isn't black shouldn't be this special thing and with there being more non-hetero relationships. That counts more as thing to celebrate. But there not being very many biracial couples or black couples isn't suprising to me, given the main issue that was brought up a few pages in regards to there being a lack of non-white creators that would even know how to represent that dynamic without a white creator feeling the need to create bs drama by forcing a break up. Like i'm cool with Jesscia and Cage being together but him not being with Misty Knight for long and her getting with Iron Fist was jarring as hell. Just in terms of the characterization of that relationship.
    It's true IR relationships don't ensure progress. Hell, even racists can marry and have children with people of other ethnicities.

I feel the problem is most of the iconic relationships are all-White, neglecting Black characters as deserving long teem relationships. That's why i was saying we need more uniracial and biracial relationships for PoC

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Aboriginals are as African as Pacific Islanders. Being black is not a two-part thing, it's whatever a country decides.
    No we mainly recognize two factors in being black, origin(Africa) and skin color. Aboriginals have the skin color but people like to go they aren't of African descent. Race is a stupid thing we are all human but if we are talking about the rules of the silly social constructs that we built up and someone going Aborigines aren't black because they don't have African descent they are wrong. The science shows where they migrated from anyways moving on.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Don't forget most black women have ZERO issue going after a black man with a non-black woman. It has happened to Michael B Jordan, John Ridley (with calls for boycotts of his work), Mike Colter (whose wife was BOOED on the Wendy Williams Show), Kyrie Irving & Cheerios.

Folks have zero issues with black males being asexual creatures or oversex hounds. They can't be the middle ground for some.
    That being the case, black women aren't reading comicbooks to the same degree as white male. So their reactions are situation-ed in a projection, and confrimation biases. But yeah, those things happen and that's mostly due to negative stereotype in regrads to racial dating and status. That is of course overexaggerated by the nature that is media and stardom. Making the few black males that make it to such a stage the prime example, despite that not being sensible.

No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    No we mainly recognize two factors in being black, origin(Africa) and skin color. Aboriginals have the skin color but people like to go they aren't of African descent. Race is a stupid thing we are all human but if we are talking about the rules of the silly social constructs that we built up and someone going Aborigines aren't black because they don't have African descent they are wrong. The science shows where they migrated from anyways moving on.
    And no one can say any different

It's true IR relationships don't ensure progress. Hell, even racists can marry and have children with people of other ethnicities.
    A fact that many ppl don't comprehend.

I never cared about it too, but the characters are very popular and have been teased many times together. For me it was more like friends with benefits with some rebond time.

It was also cut short by Logan' death and Coates later put her and T'challa together. For me is more about popularity than the writing on Logan/Ororo
    True...true
    Last edited by OblivionX33; 03-23-2021 at 08:16 PM.