Page 470 of 568 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 8518
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I LOVE this, thank you for posting it. It's funny when you learn the thought process of white people making POC characters back in the day. The names they came up with cracked me up, dodged a bullet there. I thank Neal Adams for being the open-minded one. The last part is also true because I too wondered who the hell is Hal Jordan.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It was pretty comical back then when it came to African-American names. Fortunately, Neal decided to create one with the greatest proper name of them all (ahem! )
    The really crazy part is some of these creators actually meant well.....

I like to think that these guys may look at their previous work.....and wince....not unlike looking as old pictures of yourself in a particular wardrobe & hair style.

For the great work Steve Englehart put into John Stewart....we still have to look at Sam "Snap" Wilson. Yet, it was Steve who thought Sam should fly, and sought assistance from Black Panther to do so (one black hero empowering another is pretty inspiring).

I am pretty sure most of these guys were just trying to meet their deadlines/tell a compelling story. I don't think they understood how much these characters and stories would continue to resonate with fans decades later.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-08-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Looks like the Green Lantern Corps is still in the works, according to Goyer it seems.

And here's another interesting quote on when to expect updates from the film:

When asked when fans can expect updates on the film, Goyer said, "I don't know. Who knows, especially with what's currently going on with the DC universe? There's obviously a whole recalibration happening with that right now."
    Courtesy of IGN

I would have to say congrats for Black Panther's pre-sale tickets outselling Captain America: Civil War. Here's hoping for Black Panther to be a huge success. DC/WB needs to wake up with John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Van Jensen is by far one of the best John Stewart writers. Such a shame that DC got rid of him doing a John Stewart book. DC seems like they just don't care for John fans at all.
    Yup. This was a tragedy.

He had built a nice little supporting cast, a great love interest story, and a very cool John Stewart.

Everything you would have asked for. And the artist was pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As you all know, I want Kat resurrected ASAP. She is John's soulmate & partner, imo.

Unless Kat is used in the GLC film (and not killed off), I'm not sure she will ever be brought back in the books.

We still have Yrra out in space. I would like to see some reunion with John, as tragic enemies, or uneasy allies.

Also, what happened to Verrat Din?

I would like to think on some level, Verrat has genuine feelings for John. She should be fleshed out.

She could be a powerful ally/lover or bitter enemy.

Geez, no wonder John is a workaholic.

John is a cosmic Matt Murdock when it comes to romance.

At some point, Guy may have to ask John: "What...Earth chicks don't do it for ya?"
    This brings back great (tragic) memories of that GOAT (cult classic) run!

Extraordinary Member

I would have to say congrats for Black Panther's pre-sale tickets outselling Captain America: Civil War. Here's hoping for Black Panther to be a huge success. DC/WB needs to wake up with John Stewart.
    John breaking through film-wise will be the only thing to save him from his current mediocrity, imo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Yup. This was a tragedy.

He had built a nice little supporting cast, a great love interest story, and a very cool John Stewart.

Everything you would have asked for. And the artist was pretty cool too.
    And sadly, John went right back to Stoic "I don't have time for a life" Stewart.

Extraordinary Member

This brings back great (tragic) memories of that GOAT (cult classic) run!
    So much could be done with his very complicated love life.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I dumped a lot of DC after Nu52 and am now just going back to pick up trades. I'll definitely look for the Jensen/Chang run on GLC.
    I swear by that Jensen/Chang run. Best John Stewart since Lebron was in high school

What I'm hoping is for WB to start playing smart from now on. They've lost enough money by trying to emulate Marvel. Stop trying to hop on that money train and create your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    And sadly, John went right back to Stoic "I don't have time for a life" Stewart.
    Exactly. It was so disappointing. I was hesitant with the switch to Cullen with Lost Army, but to his credit it started off pretty good before DC deaded that ish too.

I felt after Jensen's run, John should have returned to earth for a bit. New 52 was in... 2011?? And i don't think John has been to earth since (outside of flashbacks), unless it was very brief

Yup. Stewart is the answer/equivalent to T'Challa, but they've muddied John down so much i doubt they'd even know how to approach the character if they ever did decide to pull him out from the mud.

But the first hurdle is just getting them to pull him out the mud lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    What I'm hoping is for WB to start playing smart from now on. They've lost enough money by trying to emulate Marvel. Stop trying to hop on that money train and create your own.
    At least in terms of set design, the GLC film should look similar to Guardians of the Galaxy and Star Wars.

In the case of GLC, the heroes are not rebels & a-holes longing for a sense of family, but space cops!

Hopefully, no one is reading this....and thinking.....well duh!
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 01-13-2018 at 02:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Exactly. It was so disappointing. I was hesitant with the switch to Cullen with Lost Army, but to his credit it started off pretty good before DC deaded that ish too.

I felt after Jensen's run, John should have returned to earth for a bit. New 52 was in... 2011?? And i don't think John has been to earth since (outside of flashbacks), unless it was very brief
    That is just one of the reasons why the franchise is so stale.

Extraordinary Member

Yup. Stewart is the answer/equivalent to T'Challa, but they've muddied John down so much i doubt they'd even know how to approach the character if they ever did decide to pull him out from the mud.

But the first hurdle is just getting them to pull him out the mud lol
    I mean...where else do you go after an African King who is also a superhero.....a black space cop....naturally.

Like Black Panther, John Stewart is undiscovered territory.

John has such a rich background, that he could easily appeal to several demographics.