Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I see your doing the solicit rounds lol, don't forget the YJ shows tie in comic lol.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I see your doing the solicit rounds lol, don't forget the YJ shows tie in comic lol.
    Conner’s on the cover but it doesn’t say if he’s actually going to be in the story (and we all know covers lie). I’ll post the solicit but we probably shouldn’t assume he’ll play a major role in the tie in until it’s actually confirmed.

YOUNG JUSTICE: TARGETS #1
    Written by GREG WEISMAN
    Art and cover by CHRISTOPHER JONES
    Variant cover by MEGHAN HETRICK
    1:25 variant cover by TRAVIS MERCER
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 1 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 7/26/22

Queen Perdita has been kidnapped! Mysterious armored assailants have snatched the Vlatavan royal out from beneath Bowhunter Security, leaving Green Arrow and Black Canary poisoned and comatose in the process! Now a rallying cry echoes around the globe, and across super-teams, to band together and rescue Perdita!
    Young Justice co-creator Greg Weisman and Christopher Jones bring you an action-packed follow-up to Young Justice: Phantoms that will rock the team to its core!
    Plus, each issue includes a bonus story detailing previously unseen adventures from past seasons of Young Justice!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Conner’s on the cover but it doesn’t say if he’s actually going to be in the story (and we all know covers lie). I’ll post the solicit but we probably shouldn’t assume he’ll play a major role in the tie in until it’s actually confirmed.

Very true, but he was on one of the preview pages too, but thst could also be a scene placed in the past.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Yeah no SUPER has super breath on the show, and it shows Conner spinning to take out the fire, but his super breath would have been a lot easier.
    I wonder why he hates it, it's a really cool power to have.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I wonder why he hates it, it's a really cool power to have.
    He also hates the Speed Force. Just seems to arbitrarily dislike some aspects of the DCU.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Let's not forget tactile telekinesis

My 3 favorite looks thst I wish DC would allow kon to use. The 2 on the ends would of course have a black leather jacket over them, plus fingerless gloves.

Next Round Robin voting has opened up!

So they're still going with Bendis' "universe was rewritten without me" story that he never properly resolved or addressed?

It's definitely peak Conner in that preview though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So they're still going with Bendis' "universe was rewritten without me" story that he never properly resolved or addressed?

Wasn’t that just Bendis acknowledging what happened with the New 52/Rebirth? Tomasi and Jurgens still left Conner out after Reborn rewrote the universe (probably at Didio’s behest) so Bendis just made that part of his story. It’s crazy that they still haven’t really done the work to fold Conner and his history back into the DCU, but that’s why I’m hoping Superboy wins because boy do we need someone to do that. Art looks great and Conner’s voice seems ok so I’m rooting for this to win.

Wasn’t that just Bendis acknowledging what happened with the New 52/Rebirth? Tomasi and Jurgens still left Conner out after Reborn rewrote the universe (probably at Didio’s behest) so Bendis just made that part of his story. It’s crazy that they still haven’t really done the work to fold Conner and his history back into the DCU, but that’s why I’m hoping Superboy wins because boy do we need someone to do that. Art looks great and Conner’s voice seems ok so I’m rooting for this to win.
    Yeah, but Bendis meandered on it so long that it never really went anywhere.

I would love to see more Conner .

SuperX will be pleased that the preview shows tactical telekinesis at least so the writer knows the important bits to showcase!

SuperX will be pleased that the preview shows tactical telekinesis at least so the writer knows the important bits to showcase!

Is thst TTK? Looks like Polaris's energy, BUT if it truly is TTK then thank God above, finally a Lil closer to having kon fully realized the way we all know he should be.

This looks so good, I think I'm gonna be sick if he loses

If only he could get his entire history back
    If YJ and the Teen Titans have their entire history back (which they do based on any Titans book since Rebirth!), that should include Conner. Post-Death Metal, the status quo from Bendis's YJ definitely should be invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And yet this shows they're still going with it. Hopefully it's just set a little bit in the past - afetr Bendis's YJ and before Death Metal. His history DOES seem to be fully back in the new YJ mini, at least judging by the cover art.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 04-19-2022 at 03:06 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If YJ and the Teen Titans have their entire history back, that should include Conner. Post-Death Metal, the status quo from Bendis's YJ should be invalid.
    And yet this shows they're still going with it. Does this mean New 52 Superboy is a separate entity? If so, they should have them meet - and the same goes for Bart.

But the rest of the YJers were still here when time changed, so it's possible they changed with it, kon was on gemworld away from the changes, so he "should" be exaclty the same kon we saw before Flashpoint.

I "wish" the new 52 superboy could be rolled into the actual real kon. Maybe cut out a lot of it, retcon some more, but keep that NOWHERE grabbed him brainwashed him, screwed his kryptonian DNA up and his TTK amped. Could have saved the new 52 superboy if they made lex the donor, like they were going to, even showed him on the last page of the issue before they screwed it all up would love to have kon have the new 52 powers(full TK, but only with focus, TTK senses), I don't really want all these "maybe" kons, I want one stream of history with it all fitting together.

If they are seperate, 1st I don't want him to exist, then 2nd he would be the clone of Jon, which would keep him farther away from what kon is.