Page 414 of 719 FirstFirst ... 314364404410411412413414415416417418424464514 ... LastLast
Results 6,196 to 6,210 of 10783

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I love that issue too. Not for nothing, I do love how "normal" Jean tried to be (before the damn Hellfire Club started mucking around).

Jean had normal NYC worries...a tough rental market, having to get a roommate to split cost, and hell, even the threat of eviction, lol
    Yes! lol.

Also, I recently tweeted her appearance in Iron Fist. Love it!
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-03-2021 at 06:53 PM.

Um, I'm in at that point where I want Jean to be single but this is beautiful... Dauterman-esque.

For dirtynun:

Sure, I've posted the link and Davis' quote below, along with further clarification regarding the time-displaced versions of the O5. For the record, it has been established that the time-displaced counterparts of the O5 are the ones who had their memories wiped, while the current O5 "collected" those memories and have retained them, i.e., they remember everything the time-displaced teenage versions of themselves did and experienced. This is further underscored by Senior Editor Jordan D. White's confirmation that current Jean can do what teen Jean did.

https://aiptcomics.com/2019/02/25/x-...nd-baconators/

AiPT!: Joshua Chayne‏ (@JoshuaChayne) had a question about Jean Grey (who appears in that Marvelous eXclusive image above) and her powers. Since both teen and adult Jean are the same character, does adult Jean now have the pink psi-body and psi-raptor power-up that the time-displaced Jean developed?

Jordan: The answer is yes, but in regards to whether she will start using it, that remains to be seen. If you look at it from her point of view, it’s like she just remembered about this thing she used to do when she was a teenager. She hasn’t used it in a decade… well, I guess less, depending on how long she was dead, but you get my point. It’s not part of her routine, it’s not part of how she normally does things. I am sure there are things we all did all the time 10 years ago that we could still do, if we give it a go, but which are no longer our go-to things. For example, I used to play the keyboard a lot. I am sure if I sat down at one, I could work out how to do it again… but when I want to play music now, I play the ukulele.
    https://www.cbr.com/extermination-x-men-breakdown/

The younger X-Men tried to return home on numerous occasions, with time itself fighting them along the way. The actions of Ahab and the younger Cable (jokingly referred to as Kid Cable) left the time-displaced X-Men with no choice but to finally head back to the past where they belong. However, every memory they collected during their time in the present remained by being transferred to their older selves, preserving their adventures so they wouldn't be erased from existence.

But for the X-Men to reset the timeline upon their arrival in the past, they needed to wipe their minds so they wouldn't remember everything that had happened to them. We mentioned earlier how the older X-Men were given these wiped memories, but the one negative is it did make the time-travelers revert back to how they were before Adult Beast showed up -- and in the young Iceman's case, that meant hiding his sexual preference once again.

Many readers took offense to Marvel forcing Iceman back to his previous status quo after such a major change was made to the character, even though the older Iceman still identifies as a gay man. Though the in-story reasoning made sense, it was still a tough pill to swallow for some fans.

So, I’m not great at making costumes but I found these online! I’m going to comic con Brisbane as Phoenix Jean Grey. I already have the red hair (though, I have a better choice in men - haha, sorry!) 76CAD914-73A8-41F4-B994-7601E54E2C41.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    First and foremost I want to ask a question was there any indication throughout the whole king of black story that knull was immune or at least highly resistant to telepathy. I am actually very curious about this.
    He has great natural defenses and resistance, having no-sold Danielle Moonstar’s psi-arrows when he possessed a symbiote dragon and overwhelming Moondragon light years away from Earth while connecting to a different Symbiote dragon. He is no slouch.

Good for you, Fleur. Have fun and knock 'em out!

Also, just wanted to share this fabulous piece by artist John McGuinness of the X-Men - and Jean, of course - in new costumes:

I’m just now seeing these gorgeous alternate covers by Mike Mathew:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I love that issue too. Not for nothing, I do love how "normal" Jean tried to be (before the damn Hellfire Club started mucking around).

Jean had normal NYC worries...a tough rental market, having to get a roommate to split cost, and hell, even the threat of eviction, lol
    A relatable queen.

I loved those issues prior to the HF club and Wyngarde's creepinness, when Jean was a college student living with Misty, her parents visiting her only to be ambushed by a Shi'ar empress and a herald of Galactus in the span of 5 seconds, Misty pointing a gun to Firelord for invading her home, just... brilliant. If a writer decides to write a panel of Jean hanging out with Misty & Co. again, I will love him/her forever. If they add Jessica Jones too, that's a dream come true. It would be cool if they remember that Jean helped Jessica in the process to overcome her trauma (by Killgrave), it may happened long time ago, but it's an action that speaks volumes. Survivor solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchilde View Post
    ... Jean helped Jessica in the process to overcome her trauma (by Killgrave)...
    Do you remember what title(s) and issue(s)? I have so much catching up to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Do you remember what title(s) and issue(s)? I have so much catching up to do!
    It happens in the comic "Alias". It's a Jessica Jones book (an R-Rated one, the topics can be triggering regarding Killgrave, and Jessica's trauma and depression). Jean appears in the issue #26 and then she appears again in issue #28. Her first appearence is actually a flashback and the second a psychic projection she made specifically to help Jessica if another Killgrave situtation happened.
    Last edited by Starchilde; 08-03-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typo

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It happens in the comic "Alias". It's a Jessica Jones book (an R-Rated one, the topics can be triggering regarding Killgrave, and Jessica's trauma and depression). Jean appears in the issue #26 and then she appears again in issue #28. Her first appearence is actually a flashback and the second a psychic projection she made specifically to help Jessica if another Killgrave situtation happened.
    The best comics are triggering. If you don't feel something... What's the point.
    Finally reading Dark Phoenix Saga for the first time. Like it so far. Claremont and Byrne at the peak. Is the sequel by Morrison worth getting?

Thank you! I will definitely read these issues. Isn't it fitting that Jean, a survivor of trauma herself, would help someone transcend their own.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The best comics are triggering. If you don't feel something... What's the point.
    Finally reading Dark Phoenix Saga for the first time. Like it so far. Claremont and Byrne at the peak. Is the sequel by Morrison worth getting?
    I think you will really like Morrison's run. It's darker than what Claremont and Byrne were doing and Jean's arc is not only epic but cosmic. It's quite amazing. Morrison wrote one of the best versions of Jean ever.

Jean shines again in X-Men #2 today. I won't spoil it, but it's an overall fun book that I highly recommend.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Jean shines again in X-Men #2 today. I won't spoil it, but it's an overall fun book that I highly recommend.
    Yes. She did very well. Loved seeing the teamwork from the team.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I'm reading her moment with Synch and... 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

"Your power is immeasurable, Jean."