Page 236 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 1361862262322332342352362372382392402462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 75153
    Intermediary

and now, The Idiot is implying the 75 year old man assaulted by Buffalo PD was faking it

President Trump baselessly accused a senior citizen protester injured by police of being an “ANTIFA provocateur” who may have faked his fall.

“Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. @OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner. Could be a set up?” Trump claimed on Tuesday.
    Thanks OAN

Was literally about to bring this up.

I guess if you believe it's better for Republicans that he not do these things, it's just because he's too loud about what Republicans actually believe. Quiet parts, loud, etc.

Astonishing Member

I guess trump really is dropping Fox for OANN. I hope all this craziness from trump continues into Nov because it gives Biden an edge over trump.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Was literally about to bring this up.

I guess if you believe it's better for Republicans that he not do these things, it's just because he's too loud about what Republicans actually believe. Quiet parts, loud, etc.
    I maintain Republicans mostly don't care what Trump says or does while they concentrate on tax cuts and right wing judge stacking. I think the GOP really tried to control Trump in the beginning, today, they collectively say "**** it!" and let him do what he wants, safe and secure in the knowledge they can't stop him anyway.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I'm sure claiming the elderly guy bleeding out of his ear was "faking it" after he was brutalized by the cops will help Trump reverse the trend of losing the support of voters over 65.

Or, quite literally, the opposite of that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Perhaps if a slogan is not meant to be taken literally, there was a major communications error in the adoption of said slogan.
    Even Biden doesn't seem to support defunding police.

I wonder if that's a communication error on his part or not.

Just for sake of posing a hypothetical question I’m going to make a completely erroneous assumption...

Let’s imagine the Donald has a shred of realism about assessing his chances of re-election. Then he must realise he will very likely lose, quite possibly by a record margin.

If he wanted to avoid that...how late in the process could he decide not to stand against Biden to let another Republican the take the beating instead?

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Just for sake of posing a hypothetical question I’m going to make a completely erroneous assumption...

Let’s imagine the Donald has a shred of realism about assessing his chances of re-election. Then he must realise he will very likely lose, quite possibly by a record margin.

If he wanted to avoid that...how late in the process could he decide not to stand against Biden to let another Republican the take the beating instead?
    HOnestly I think it's premature to think he's likely to lose. Novermber is still a long ways away.

But hypothetically speaking if that were the case... I don't think he'd step aside. There likely isn't a republican candidate at this late in the game who credibly has a better chance than Trump, nor is Biden a particularly strong candidate to be blunt. And I doubt he necessarily cares whats best for the party even if that were the case. He's do things his way until the end, and whatever happens happens.

You mean, take the money and run? Right now he is counting on a BIG HUGE GINORMOUS RNC conference to build up his ego and possibly get his base riled up to support him. He's also planning on returning to his real passion, playing the crowds at his rallies.

As long as he can do that, he'll stay stay in the race, win or lose. He'll delude himself into thinking he stands a chance (maybe he does, I hope he doesn't). When he loses he'll put up a big stinky fight over it.

The only way he'd drop out is if a) there is no RNC conference due to COVID-19, and/or he can't have his rallies; b) the recession gets worse and his businesses take a big financial hit (not that they are very profitable to begin with outside of illicit bribe money); c) Something else happens that tanks his support even among his fiercest supporters.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Intermediary

His narcissism won't ever allow it

I could see him resigning and then spinning it that he was forced out by "the establishment"

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    HOnestly I think it's premature to think he's likely to lose. Novermber is still a long ways away.

But hypothetically speaking if that were the case... I don't think he'd step aside. There likely isn't a republican candidate at this late in the game who credibly has a better chance than Trump, nor is Biden a particularly strong candidate to be blunt. And I doubt he necessarily cares whats best for the party even if that were the case. He's do things his way until the end, and whatever happens happens.
    I agree.

(It never crossed my mind he would step aside to benefit the Republican Party. I thought it might be possible that he would step aside to avoid a humiliating personal defeat. I could imagine him coming up with something like “Had to step aside for health issues. I would have won...”)

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    His narcissism won't ever allow it

I could see him resigning and then spinning it that he was forced out by "the establishment"
    It would be a battle between his greed and his narcissism/ego. He lives to stand in front of crowds having them chant his name and cheer him on. But he poverty is something he can't handle.

If either of them are threatened, he might consider backing out, but only if he had a proverbial secret back door to escape through.

If there was a chance he'd be dragged out, shamed and humiliated, he'd run run for the hills before that happened. But that means all of his sycophants would either be dragged away first, or would turn on him. As long as he can gather his cabinet of loyal followers, as long as he has Moscow Mitch in the Senate, his ego is constantly being stroked, he is made to feel invincible.

All of that would have to be taken from him before he'd run away.

I agree.

(It never crossed my mind he would step aside to benefit the Republican Party. I thought it might be possible that he would step aside to avoid a humiliating personal defeat. I could imagine him coming up with something like “Had to step aside for health issues. I would have won...”)
    As far as him avoiding a humiliating personal defeat... I honestly sometimes wonder if he actually expected to win. I could be 100% wrong in this, but frankly I assumed he ran just as a sort of stunt and probably surprised himself that he won.

The first time at least. A re-election is a different matter. Up until the coronovirus I think you could have safely said he was the favorite. For an incumbent president, if the economy and jobs are solid (and for the most part they were pre-coronovirus), then can usually coast into their second term. But the coronovirus and the BLM movement changed the game, and gave him the opportunity to basically shoot himself in the foot.

That said, I still believe November is a long ways away. Plenty of time for him to either dig himself out of the whole he's in, or bury himself deeper.

Already in a ditch, Trump goes negative against elderly Buffalo man
    Trump saw the Buffalo video, learned of the public's revulsion, and decided to go after the hospitalized old guy who was left bleeding on the ground.

This pretty much defines Trump as a politician. Most politicians seeking reelection would at least try to go with the flow of public opinion, Trump heads in the opposite direction and alienates even more potential voters in the process. Not to mention making himself look even worse, which isn't too hard for him to do.

He has a shovel and he's digging his hole so deep even the sunlight can't reach him.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    And Democrats took the Senate in 2006. Obama won 365 electoral votes against the Republican nominee in 2008.

Political opponents are going to take advantage of bad slogans.
    Considering that a stunning 84% of Americans agree that the protests are justified because the police sucks eggs, maybe it's wishful thinking by far right types like you that it's a bad slogan. Just some food for thought.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!