Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If we are talking improvements overall and not just to Spider-man himself, the biggest improvement in the world would be;

-Dynamic crime and proper day and night cycle. People walk the streets and go about their business and even commit crimes relative to time of day.
    -Interiors of more buildings. Not all of them but more in that the world feels more alive. Not just shops getting held up.
    -Above and below exploration. The biggest improvement from Spider-man 2 to 3 was the addition of being able to roam the subway and sewers. The sewers if you managed to glitch back into it. But point being, was that both exist in the game-world simultaneously to the events on the streets of New York. No loading screen required.
    -Dynamic weather. It doesn't have to accumulate, hardware limitations and all, but it starting to rain and things get wet one night, or it's blisteringly hot and the city reflects this is a step up.

As far as combat goes, I think they have a good system in place but I think it would benefit from new approaches. Like being able to stealth entire combat zones or challenge rooms or pulling an Indy and and taking out comm systems so they can't call for backup. The Spider-man equivalent of just shooting the guy and walking off. Maybe even some AOE attacks because that's basically what finishers become, they're just room cleaners. So why not make that an actual feature?

Like instead of taking out one guy with a focus bar, we have an option for an AOE move. We know Peter might have access to Otto's notes on the arms, so what if Peter built his own safer version (resembling spider legs?) and he uses that in a combo move which results in AOE damage. Sure Spider-legs are cool for an ability, but they only hit a little harder and making them a move in Peter's arsenal and potential gadget frees up space for new things. What's more is that it's kind of a pain in the ass to clear rooms when the devs pull crap like they did in Turf Wars. So why not build a new gadget out of that as well, like being able to up upgrade and modify the arms to auto target enemies (being unable to take them down totally, just slow them down), and do things like use them for puzzles? Which brings me to my next point, actual puzzles.

Spider-man is rife with options for this sort of thing and so actively using Spider-bots or arms to find the perfect entrance into a layer or take out thugs silently is an option worth exploring. Basically giving the player more agency to tackle challenges and not putting arbitrary requirements on things.
    I think these are all great ideas and it seems to me that these would all be achievable as DLC because all of those things you described are in the game at different points, but most interior stages aren't available outside of the specific mission, even though they could be available. Theoretically. I admit in my ignorance I might be underestimating how difficult or time-consuming these implementations would be, but — these assets are already in the game. The code is written. Even just being able to visit the museum Mary Jane's mission was in as Peter or Spidey, or Norman Osborn's penthouse, or some of the sewer areas or other base token stages — in the post game at least, why not open up the areas have a timer for a transition effect into a new day cycle and weather cycle, etc?

It just needs to be connected and opened up, somehow, and it'd be close to perfect.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I think these are all great ideas and it seems to me that these would all be achievable as DLC because all of those things you described are in the game at different points, but most interior stages aren't available outside of the specific mission, even though they could be available. Theoretically. I admit in my ignorance I might be underestimating how difficult or time-consuming these implementations would be, but — these assets are already in the game. The code is written. Even just being able to visit the museum Mary Jane's mission was in as Peter or Spidey, or Norman Osborn's penthouse, or some of the sewer areas or other base token stages — in the post game at least, why not open up the areas have a timer for a transition effect into a new day cycle and weather cycle, etc?

It just needs to be connected and opened up, somehow, and it'd be close to perfect.
    The day and night cycles are possible. But we would need a specific setting for that.

However when it comes to interiors, they don't actually exist in the game world or if they do they are for a specific point in time before being removed. Interiors are built in such a way that we don't see into the outside world and so they either exist in the void and or they exist in a low poly version of the surrounding area. FEAST is like this with the outside largely being rendered but since we don't see too much of it for too long, it only has so much and rendered poorly the closer you get to things like walls or lamp posts. Norman Osborn's penthouse is the same way. The surrounding area looks as if its in the game world, but the reality is that it's actually in a separate instance of New York with MJ's model being called in for the player. You can even spot this in-game as the Penthouse MJ visits is actually a different model and bigger compared to the one Spider-man can visit. The layout is even different.

But for things like the garage we go to in Turf Wars or the Warehouse in the main-game, they exist in specific instances because they are tied to specific day and night cycles as well as story content. There are basically triggers for accessing these locations. Otherwise the game can't spawn the room or even give Spider-man the ability to go inside. An example of this is in the first level where it tells the player to go into the vent to go into the computer room. The game needs Spider-man to go through his dialogue to trigger the webzip command being available to the player. Another example being that in the Heist, Spider-man can't enter the museum until the thugs are beaten and says he needs to find a way inside. So with that in mind, Otto's hideout cannot be accessed because it doesn't exist until that specific instance of New York is called in and Spider-man gets the trigger to go inside. Then after Spider-man leaves the game calls it out. It's basically why you can't go into that area or even glitch through it into there outside of that version of New York.

They would basically need to renovate the game world in-order to even put some of the false locations (Osborn's penthouse, his office at Oscorp tower) and the interiors from the main game as they are currently tied to specific instances. But what's more is that Spider-man's web swinging would be affected as his webs are tied to the geometry of the buildings he's swinging around. They would need to include new markers for Spider-man to attach his webs to if they included the penthouse or Osborn's office that includes the interior.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ryan just said on the Fantastic Four games stream that something fantastic was coming to InSpider-Man, so I guess Future Foundation/Bag Man are a lock?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

iMan 42s

The cynic in me says its going to be a new suit. However being hopeful it could be a DLC with the FF. They did say they had been working on DLC they just hadn't announced it all during the Raimi suit thing. Granted the suits could be that but you never know.

It is about that time when a new release gets DLC and so perhaps that's why TCTNS was released the way it was. We do know that Peter was looking for money after the events of the main game and he did try going to the FF for a job in the comics. If the FF show up maybe Avengers tower gets converted into the Baxter building?
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The cynic in me says its going to be a new suit. However being hopeful it could be a DLC with the FF. They did say they had been working on DLC they just hadn't announced it all during the Raimi suit thing. Granted the suits could be that but you never know.

It is about that time when a new release gets DLC and so perhaps that's why TCTNS was released the way it was. We do know that Peter was looking for money after the events of the main game and he did try going to the FF for a job in the comics. If the FF show up maybe Avengers tower gets converted into the Baxter building?
    My first thought was Bag Man as a costume or an update that changes Avengers Tower to the Baxter Building.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

This game is amazing. Not just in terms of gameplay, but story too. Can’t wait for the next one, although I wonder who they’ll be using.

I finished the main story yesterday. it was such a moving story, with great characters interactions, some genuine character development, really great villains. I mean, every single character felt true. Otto didn't feel like classic Otto but was a damn amazing villain and his fall from grace was well made. Mr Negative was awesome as well, not only because of what he did but also because of why he did it. Such a tragic figure. Even Osborn was interesting. I mean, his last scene was heart-breaking, to say the least. I really liked this take on May.

They managed to put Miles in a really organic way and I like how he grew fond of Peter. The Peter/Mj romance was very well written and felt true. I wasn't enamored with Mj being a journalist, because it seems nowadays, every time a writer wants to give a woman in a comic book agency, she becomes a journalist (like Karen Page in Netflix Daredevil), but she was smart and likeable.

But what they really achieve is make a Peter who is simply amazing. He's funny, he's likeable, he's smart, he makes mistakes but because he's always trying to do the right thing, he's compassionnate. What's not to like about this Peter? I like how responsible he is. and even though he has the old Parker luck, you can see he never gives up.

I just started playing the DLC. the black spider-man 2099 costume is still my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    I finished the main story yesterday. it was such a moving story, with great characters interactions, some genuine character development, really great villains. I mean, every single character felt true. Otto didn't feel like classic Otto but was a damn amazing villain and his fall from grace was well made. Mr Negative was awesome as well, not only because of what he did but also because of why he did it. Such a tragic figure. Even Osborn was interesting. I mean, his last scene was heart-breaking, to say the least. I really liked this take on May.
    I think he basically gets to classic Otto by the end of the game, more or less, even if he's still more sympathetic.
    But what they really achieve is make a Peter who is simply amazing. He's funny, he's likeable, he's smart, he makes mistakes but because he's always trying to do the right thing, he's compassionnate. What's not to like about this Peter? I like how responsible he is. and even though he has the old Parker luck, you can see he never gives up.
    Agreed. I feel like this game set a new standard for depicting Peter Parker as Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

So when you think we will be getting the reveal of the Fantastic announcement? we didnt get any news yesterday not likely today.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    So when you think we will be getting the reveal of the Fantastic announcement? we didnt get any news yesterday not likely today.
    If it was costume I feel like there would be an announcement of a costume even if it was just a panel from the comics. But the PSN store is updated on Tuesday so we might get a reveal a little before or on Tuesday.

EDIT: Considering there was three costumes to a pack and if it is a F4 DLC pack there is indeed three major costumes corresponding to them.
    1. Future Foundation
    2. Bombastic Bag-man
    3. The Fantastic Spider-man

Alternatively there is the Fantastic Five which would be a simpler edit but I doubt that would get used assuming we are still going by the standard number.
    Last edited by SuperiorIronman; 01-10-2019 at 04:32 PM.

i will eat a bowl of nails and screws if they drop fantastic five
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

If it was costume I feel like there would be an announcement of a costume even if it was just a panel from the comics. But the PSN store is updated on Tuesday so we might get a reveal a little before or on Tuesday.

EDIT: Considering there was three costumes to a pack and if it is a F4 DLC pack there is indeed three major costumes corresponding to them.
    1. Future Foundation
    2. Bombastic Bag-man
    3. The Fantastic Spider-man

Alternatively there is the Fantastic Five which would be a simpler edit but I doubt that would get used assuming we are still going by the standard number.
    I think it's probably a reasonable toss-up between Future Foundation and Bag-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's probably a reasonable toss-up between Future Foundation and Bag-Man.
    Why not both?

I remember Bag Man was one of the alternate costumes in Shattered Dimensions, that was one I played with all the time, would be great to see that come back. I could see them doing multiple F4 related suits, but if its just one I think the Future Foundation is the most likely since its the most modern which fits majority of the other costumes in the game.

Which speaking of Shattered Dimensions, currently the costumes in that game that haven't shown up in PS4 yet are: Bag Man, Ultimate, OG Noir, 1602, and Flipside.

I'm hoping this or a future game will give us Ultimate so I can play as Big-Eyed Spidey. I also really want an Alex Ross Spider-Man suit, where instead of being really cartoony like some of the other suits, this was super stylized and realistic, plus the tiny-eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he basically gets to classic Otto by the end of the game, more or less, even if he's still more sympathetic.

Agreed. I feel like this game set a new standard for depicting Peter Parker as Spider-Man.
    I agree. They definitely planted the seeds for a Superior spider-Man story.