Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'll probably give the FCBD issue a shot and see what stands out.
    Speaking of the FCBD, here's a article about H1, that also gives an awesome preview!
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...-strangelands/

I think the art looks amazing! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Even if it doesn't last-it's nice to see folks step and try something versus some of the antics of others.

At a time where folks are WILLING to try new things-why not jump in?
    I know some people may view it as a waste of money, but I feel like if I don't give it a shot, then I'm just helping it fail lol. But I get why people don't try too.
    Last edited by Dylan Davison; 01-10-2019 at 11:39 PM.

The art looks fine and here's hoping its a success.

Even if it doesn't last-it's nice to see folks step and try something versus some of the antics of others.

At a time where folks are WILLING to try new things-why not jump in?
    Because funds are limited (as so is my patience)?

Hell, as it is, I wonder if I'll still be buying comic books regularly by the time 2019 ends.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The art looks fine and here's hoping its a success.
    Agreed! I can't wait to read the whole thing and see what the other characters are like!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Because funds are limited (as so is my patience)?

Hell, as it is, I wonder if I'll still be buying comic books regularly by the time 2019 ends.
    I get you, comics aren't cheap haha. No harm in picking up the FCBD issue though, huh? Haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I get you, comics aren't cheap haha. No harm in picking up the FCBD issue though, huh? Haha.
    If I get to FCBD and there's a copy available, I might try it out.

Ultimate Member

get you, comics aren't cheap haha. No harm in picking up the FCBD issue though, huh? Haha.
    Well it depends on where you get your books.

If you wait on these books there is a higher issue of how hard it will be to find back issues.

I learned the hard way with Source at Scout Comics. NOBODY can get a copy not even my store and they actually ordered it. Yet it never came.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with the FCBD issue. Although I would say I wold try these books and not worry about books from Marvel or DC-as no one should have trouble finding them in back issue bins.

I'm down for Ignited and Omni

Well it depends on where you get your books.

If you wait on these books there is a higher issue of how hard it will be to find back issues.

I learned the hard way with Source at Scout Comics. NOBODY can get a copy not even my store and they actually ordered it. Yet it never came.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with the FCBD issue. Although I would say I wold try these books and not worry about books from Marvel or DC-as no one should have trouble finding them in back issue bins.
    Yeah, I ask for my FCBD issues to be added to my pull, so that way I know I can get them haha. I for sure keep to Indie stuff, cause you're right about that, they're easier to find.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm down for Ignited and Omni
    Agreed! Both look fantastic! Omni is number one for me, and I love how the paper powered girl looks in Ignited! I'm excited for this universe!
    Pulls:

The FCBD issue came out, it's super interesting and sets up the world a bit. It also has bios for all the of main characters. Mine was out when I got there. But luckily the owner is a friend and pulled if for me haha.
    Pulls:

Ultimate Member

The FCBD issue came out, it's super interesting and sets up the world a bit. It also has bios for all the of main characters. Mine was out when I got there. But luckily the owner is a friend and pulled if for me haha.
    My store opened at 9 by Noon the store had to put out PREVIOUS years FCBD titles.

What was really interesting-all the indie FCBD stuff vanished before the DC stuff.

I think between Wrong Earth, Dr Who & Humanoid copies-All of them were going the fastest.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Wasn't Mark Waid a contributor or founder of another independent comic universe? I feel this is at least his second go around and being involved in a start up.

I love that VALIANT has taken hold and has a long history now. It clearly stands as the most structured and established 3rd big super hero universe.

Too bad that Dark Horse doesn't stay committed to their characters. Their stable could really work if they accepted it as a loss leader for 'x' amount of time, instead they bail once any bleeding starts. In both attempts.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    . . . Too bad that Dark Horse doesn't stay committed to their characters. Their stable could really work if they accepted it as a loss leader for 'x' amount of time, instead they bail once any bleeding starts. In both attempts.
    Dark Horse has also lost a lot of their licensed titles recently (it seems like quite a few of those were due to Disney / Marvel acquisitions).

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^^
    Star Wars for sure
    Conan was just a licensure issue, it is held separately.
    Not sure how Aliens & Predator will be done. It is now technically a subsidiary of Disney like Lucas Studios and we know Star Wars is back at Marvel.

Does Marvel Comics care to do Alien & Predator comics though?? Unlike Star Wars there is no history there.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime