Page 556 of 827 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606656 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Idk which one you watched, but this teaser seems to give more detail:

More of Iris being annoying, Wells, and the introduction of Breacher (Danny Trejo) . Looks like fun
    This whole “ couples therapy” thing seems kind of dumb- barry and iris can’t really talk about their issues openly, and it seems kind of rushed.
    Last edited by protege; 10-11-2017 at 12:30 PM.

"This House is @#$%chin" being a tease for Bart...would actually make some surprising sense .
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Idk which one you watched, but this teaser seems to give more detail:

More of Iris being annoying, Wells, and the introduction of Breacher (Danny Trejo) . Looks like fun
    Looks like new-and-improved Barry is going to be pretty...active.

"You are not the Flash Barry...we are." I know the show wants us to believe that Barry needs Team Flash to do anything, but come on.

Is that girl in handcuffs at the end Hazard?

Also looks like we'll be seeing Barry and Iris' wedding prep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Can we just let Caitlin control her powers and be an anti-hero already? This "she cannot control her powers" plot has gotten really old by this point.

Other than that, it was a decent premiere. Wally speaking Japanese was hilarious.
    I think we're going to see her eventually get some control over Killer Frost this season so she can join the heroes like she is on the crossover poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    What worries me is the producers did a big song and dance about FLASH being much more fun and bright when they promoted this season. And then we get the first episode and it's "Hello, Darkness, my old friend." So were they lying? Is the rest of the season going to be like this or are they going to find their happy place?

I want FLASH to get better, if for no other reason than it leads into LEGENDS now and LOT needs the views--it's the better show right now.
    I dunno, the Team fighting a robot Samurai and a rejuvenated and smiling Barry coming back to save Iris is probably the most fun and happy this show has been in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "You are not the Flash Barry...we are." I know the show wants us to believe that Barry needs Team Flash to do anything, but come on.
    You are right about that. Barry is the Flash, not Team Flash. Seeing as she's the most expendable (now that Wells is dead) of the team, she should get that through her head.

Sandy Hausler

Very comicbooky episode. The over the top Samurai, The Thinkers lair, Barrys new suit. Loved it all

Also iono how someone could think this episode was dark. There was some Drama with missing Barry, but hes comes back happy AF. Everyone else is happy, after that amd all is well.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 10-11-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Retired

I dunno, the Team fighting a robot Samurai and a rejuvenated and smiling Barry coming back to save Iris is probably the most fun and happy this show has been in years.
    There were a lot of fun and happy scenes last season, you just don't remember them because the over-arching tone was so dark and depressing. And that's what makes me hesitate about the season opener. On paper, the Samuroids and Barry returning to Iris should be bright moments. But the episiode didn't let us enjoy those moments--there was always this uneasy angst creeping in.

Where Kid Flash is Central City's Super-Hero No. 1 on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, in the absence of the Flash--and Citizen Steel is overshadowed--on THE FLASH, Wally continues to screw up and just is not as good as Barry, getting his leg sliced by the Samuroid for the convenience of the plot so he can't be the hero who saves the day.

While Barry does return from the Speed Force, we're not allowed to enjoy it, because (after he gets his mind back) Iris is all weird about their relationship. In fact, she's weird through the whole episode and never seems to be happy about anything. She might be suffering some deep PTSD and someone ought to get the girl some help. Nor do we know that Barry has really gotten his mind back--more than likely he hasn't and someone else is in there. So both Iris and Barry are not in their happy place right now.

That plus the stuff with Killer Frost and the lack of other characters for comic relief may indicate that we're in store for more dark tones in this season. Which would mean that the producers were just baiting us.

Not that I hate the show or that I hated this episode. I like THE FLASH. I'm just wary, for good reason given some of the let downs of the past.

Mighty Member

Y'know what's the best thing about there not being another Speedster Big Bad this season? Barry can now be the undisputed Fastest Man Alive .

And the Speed Force giving Barry a speed boost pretty much resolves the issue of Wally being faster then him (even if it, once again, undercuts Wally).

Man, it is so refreshing to see a happy, positive, Barry again and not mopey, depressed Barry. I'd forgotten how much I missed this show just being awesome and fun and not overbearing in drama and darkness.
    These are the reasons why I am glad that decided to watch this premiere. After the second half of last season I was pretty sure that I was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I love the new costume but this show which I once loved is annoying the Hell out of me. End season 2 with Flashpoint and it's over by the end of the season 3 episode 1. End last season with Barry going MIA into the Speed Force by the end of the first episode Barry's not only back he's his old self again. Barry could had been MIA for a few episodes perhaps intertwine the real world with the Speed Force to show what Barry was up too. Bring Barry back but making him different longer than a few commercial breaks. This show has just become so disappointing.
    They really have to work on giving their cliffhangers a little bit more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, I thought the season premiere was the best of the CB shows so far this season (except for The Gifted, which was pretty damn awesome).
    I have to agree. The Gifted was shockingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    You are right about that. Barry is the Flash, not Team Flash. Seeing as she's the most expendable (now that Wells is dead) of the team, she should get that through her head.

Sandy Hausler
    Iris was one of the weakest parts of the premiere. What qualified her to be Oracle suddenly? While Iris was a weak part of the episode... the "Team Flash" concept is the weakest part of the show. It will always prevent me from enjoying it as much as I should.

Nor do we know that Barry has really gotten his mind back--more than likely he hasn't and someone else is in there.
    I don't think it is that likely.

BANNED

Apparently this premiere set a series low record for the show in terms of ratings

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I don't think it is that likely.
    So what was the deal with Barry and how did he get better?

BANNED

He thought of Iris and how much he loved her and was instantly cured. Don't expect anything better from this show.

I never minded Iris. Pretty indifferent really, but this premier and looking at that promo and how she's nagging everyone and making it all about her. Ugh, it's like the show runners want us to hate her now.

Mighty Member

No one knows. I think it far more likely that his experience in the Speed Force changed his perception. It looked to me like he got better when a part of him realized that Iris was in danger.

Retired

Part of the problem with the first episode is that they didn't get into a lot of details, perhaps because the show was so packed with stuff that had to happen so they could return to the status quo by the end.

Iris seems out of it, but we don't get a scene where she can fully unload all her feelings. I think that she's holding it all in because she doesn't want to let herself get hurt again. What they needed was a scene where Candice Patton can really own the stage and let us see how much Iris has suffered and why she can't let herself hope for anything better.

Clearly Iris worked out what would get the Flash back into action, but she never had the chance to lay out her thinking for the audience. I'm guessing that this is playing on the link that the speedsters have to their significant others. Barry is always running home to Iris. She is his lodestar. He is so connected to her that when she is in danger he will find her and save her, no matter what. Iris gets it and knows that to save Barry she has to put herself in danger.

But the show never gives us that. I have to work that out for myself and I still don't know if I've guessed right.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    I think it far more likely that his experience in the Speed Force changed his perception.
    They made a special point of saying that it doesn't sound like Barry. I don't think they would plant something like that in the show for no reason. Occam's razor--if it doesn't sound like Barry, then it's probably not Barry.

If Barry had some form of aphasia, then two parts of his brain were having trouble communicating with each other. Maybe because there were two minds in his brain.

They made a special point of saying that it doesn't sound like Barry. I don't think they would plant something like that in the show for no reason. Occam's razor--if it doesn't sound like Barry, then it's probably not Barry.

If Barry had some form of aphasia, then two parts of his brain were having trouble communicating with each other. Maybe because there were two minds in his brain.
    Barry said a few lines that he had said in past seasons. I think barrys mind was twisted by the speed force and he was seeing time out of order. iris in trouble grounded his mind back to the present. Thats how i saw it

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

By the way, the guy who threatened Caitlin looked familiar to me, but maybe it's me. Is he someone who I should know or is he just a generic henchman?