Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I don't see it that way myself. To me both situations are exactly the same regardless of whether the two characters have the same real name or the same code name. Just out of curiosity for those of you who are finding the Wally West situation confusing what is so confusing about it? I don't find it confusing myself because the two are clearly two very different people with two different code names and posters here even have different ways of denoting the two but I'd still like some clarification as to why people might find it confusing
    I think it can be a hassle having to differenatiate between the two Wally's when they're in the same topic or story.

You could try differentiating them by codename but I think more people are liable to use a character's real name then their codename when discussing them.

And I also think it would just be better for the Black Wally if he wasn't constantly called NuWally or Wally II or whatever just to diferentiate him from the OG Wally who's more popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    But essentially, it's two people sharing the same name, just like it happens in real life.
    Which doesn't make it practical for fiction, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, but Krypto is Jon's dog now.
    Krypto is the Kent family dog, though he does tend to gravitate to whoever the current Superboy is.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Krypto is the Kent family dog, though he does tend to gravitate to whoever the current Superboy is.
    If a family has a dog, it's the kids dog. Dogs are awesome that way.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Was there a discussion on #41?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Was there a discussion on #41?
    Not that I am aware of. It was a decent issue with some nice art. Wally was nicely portrayed, whereas the revelation that Barry is essentially addicted to his powers is an interesting wrinkle that I am sure will be explored further in Flash War.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Not that I am aware of. It was a decent issue with some nice art. Wally was nicely portrayed, whereas the revelation that Barry is essentially addicted to his powers is an interesting wrinkle that I am sure will be explored further in Flash War.
    Yes. I think there has been little discussion about FLASH # 41 because the book seems to be in a holding pattern until FLASH WAR begins.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

some nice art.
    You think so? While it was the writing I primarily didn't care for (enough to make me decide to leave the book till Flash War) I thought the art was awful, particularly on Avery.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You think so? While it was the writing I primarily didn't care for (enough to make me decide to leave the book till Flash War) I thought the art was awful, particularly on Avery.
    That's kind of ironic given Carmine Di Giandomenico is half her creator along with Williamson .

BANNED

That's kind of ironic given Carmine Di Giandomenico is half her creator along with Williamson .
    Is he? Huh. In any case, I think this is a 'Not My Real Daddy' case where they may have created her, but they didn't define her. Honestly didn't much care for how Williamson wrote her here either, but maybe I've just been spoiled by Yang's top notch dialogue and voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Is he? Huh. In any case, I think this is a 'Not My Real Daddy' case where they may have created her, but they didn't define her. Honestly didn't much care for how Williamson wrote her here either, but maybe I've just been spoiled by Yang's top notch dialogue and voices.
    I wouldn't say it's a "not my real daddy" thing since Williamson and Giandomenico established Avery with the traits that Yang ran with, but I guess I can understand where you're coming from.

(Personally I think Williamson is also top notch with dialogue and voices...)

BANNED

(Personally I think Williamson is also top notch with dialogue and voices...)
    He's pretty good for the most part. Flash War's prologue was great and while the story itself was bland and forgettable, JL vs Suicide Sqaud did have decent voices. It's just the main Flash book that hasn't vibed with me so far.

...whereas the revelation that Barry is essentially addicted to his powers is an interesting wrinkle that I am sure will be explored further in Flash War.
    Wow! If this were Bruce Wayne and not Barry Allen, there would be a bunch of Batman fans outraged that the writer is treating Batman with such disrespect - especially after his supporting cast (in this case, Iris and Young Wally) got so mad at him for keeping secrets. Making him a jerk and a punching bag in his own comic!

Believe me, I've seen it.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Wow! If this were Bruce Wayne and not Barry Allen, there would be a bunch of Batman fans outraged that the writer is treating Batman with such disrespect - especially after his supporting cast (in this case, Iris and Young Wally) got so mad at him for keeping secrets. Making him a jerk and a punching bag in his own comic!

Believe me, I've seen it.
    Heh. You're not wrong. And ain't it funny how some of these same people have no problem with King having the entire DCU look bad in the face of his Bat and Cat?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    especially after his supporting cast (in this case, Iris and Young Wally) got so mad at him for keeping secrets.
    In all fairness, bat-people getting mad at Bruce for keeping secrets is something that has been happening once every two months for a while, now. XD
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

It's an interesting angle. I think Barry feeling inadequate without the Flash is something that carries over from early Silver Age stories where Iris is impatient and vivacious and resents Barry's mild-mannered way, so to speak. In my head Barry is a less cartoonish version of the Clark Kent "disguise", only that's who he is. So even though being the Flash is traditionally much more important to Wally's identity (most of his life has been as a superhero), Barry relying on his powers to feel important in a difficult time kind of fits.

What do you think Buried?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    It's an interesting angle. I think Barry feeling inadequate without the Flash is something that carries over from early Silver Age stories where Iris is impatient and vivacious and resents Barry's mild-mannered way, so to speak. In my head Barry is a less cartoonish version of the Clark Kent "disguise", only that's who he is. So even though being the Flash is traditionally much more important to Wally's identity (most of his life has been as a superhero), Barry relying on his powers to feel important in a difficult time kind of fits.

What do you think Buried?
    Maybe. I don't think it's ever really been explored because during the Silver/Bronze Age, Barry never lost his superspeed for more than a single-issue story. More recently, CONVERGENCE gave us a hint of what it would be like for Barry, but CONVERGENCE didn't dwell on that point.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014