Page 179 of 246 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 3689

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Very interesting! I'm so excited that the new Steph Batgirl trade is coming out in the next few weeks - it's so hard to get people hooked on something they can't read (legally, at least) .
    O/T:

Years ago, a company was putting out DVDs with PDFs of full runs of comics and magazines. I picked up Amazing Spiderman, Mad Magazine, and I think one other one. (Not sure where they ended up after a few moves.) I want to say it was every issue from #1 until whatever they ended up at (early 2000s). If DC did something like this, I'd totally buy them. They could even have them in the digital store. Maybe charge people $1 per year/12 issues or so? It'd be almost free money for them. Just grab the scans that people have already put online (because, hey, they were put up illegally, are they really capable of suing?), watermark them, remove the ads, and boom.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    O/T:

Years ago, a company was putting out DVDs with PDFs of full runs of comics and magazines. I picked up Amazing Spiderman, Mad Magazine, and I think one other one. (Not sure where they ended up after a few moves.) I want to say it was every issue from #1 until whatever they ended up at (early 2000s). If DC did something like this, I'd totally buy them. They could even have them in the digital store. Maybe charge people $1 per year/12 issues or so? It'd be almost free money for them. Just grab the scans that people have already put online (because, hey, they were put up illegally, are they really capable of suing?), watermark them, remove the ads, and boom.
    I mean...I really think DC needs to get on the Unlimited bandwagon, or an online subscription and archive option. Same price digital is nice for stores, but sucks for consumers.

Furthermore, I wish DC had some kind of archivist position who could interface with fans through twitter or something - I have so many questions. Like why isn't the third volume of Greg Rucka's run on Wonder Woman being released? What's up with all the titles that haven't been put up on comixology yet?

And where's my Steph solo series! (oh, wait, that's my dreams. Never mind.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Okay, team, pitch me the following!

DC ZOOM Steph title:

DC INK Steph title:

and the new hotness!

DC BLACK LABEL Steph title!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

When I think of a Steph DC Zoom title I think a cute, fun, series starring all three Batgirls on adventures together...

I think a Steph DC Ink title would probably deal with her growing up with her complicated home life and seeing her rise up or perservere from that, maybe ending up with her becoming Spoiler or leading into it or Steph moving into a life of fighting crime.

Black Label? I dunno, give her to Kelly Sue DeConnick and let her run with it .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When I think of a Steph DC Zoom title I think a cute, fun, series starring all three Batgirls on adventures together...

I think a Steph DC Ink title would probably deal with her growing up with her complicated home life and seeing her rise up or perservere from that, maybe ending up with her becoming Spoiler or leading into it or Steph moving into a life of fighting crime.

Black Label? I dunno, give her to Kelly Sue DeConnick and let her run with it .
    Awesome! I actually would pitch the "all three Batgirls" series as my Black Label title - a dark world that needs all three Batgirls to bring it light. Sort of like the Future's End Batgirl that Simone did. Not sure what creative team I'd want - obviously BQM comes to mind, but he doesn't have that "highbrow" cachet that Black Label seems to be going for.

I think you're pretty much spot on with the Ink title - a Spoiler YA novel seems pretty much perfect. I'd pitch it for Richelle Mead or Shannon Hale.

For Zoom, I actually would want to see her in something like the Calling All Robins Brave and the Bold comic by Sholly Fisch, only as an ongoing series where all the Robins hang out and get into wacky adventures. Obviously Fisch would be perfect for the job, though I've always wondered why Yale Stewart of JL8 hasn't gotten more significant work from either of the big two. Probably lives in the wrong place and doesn't know any of the behind the scenes people. But I think he's shown he can do an excellent kid comic which also appeals to adults.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Not sure how I would do Ink but for Zoom I would try to think of something like funny adventure where Damian and Stephanie work together to try and get along based on their team up in her solo book. Black Label well I could for a story where Stephanie works as a matron in a Victorian orphanage in Whitechapel England and the main enemy will Jack the Ripper.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-09-2018 at 06:52 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    Not sure how I would do Ink but for Zoom I would try to think of something like funny adventure where Damian and Stephanie work together to try and get along based on their team up in her solo book. Black Label well I could for a story where Stephanie works as a matron in a Victorian orphanage in Whitechapel England and the main enemy will Jack the Ripper.
    Actually, I would think that a Robin and Batgirl (or Spoiler) team up between Damian and Steph could be really great as a Zoom title as well! I hadn't thought of that!

Ooooh, Black Label Spoiler: Protector of the Innocent spinoff of Gotham by Gaslight! I love it! And you could get Mignola or someone like that on art!

BANNED

Okay, team, pitch me the following!

DC ZOOM Steph title:

DC INK Steph title:

and the new hotness!

DC BLACK LABEL Steph title!
    Why stop there? Why not give her a NAoH book? Or a Sandman book? Or a Young Animal, Bendis, Vertigo or Hanna-Barbera book?!

(I'll come up with actual suggestions later. Just that despite my excitement for the Sandman line and my enjoying a couple of the other books from these lines, I'm not exactly happy about DC making SO many of these, especially when I find the bulk of the books uninteresting)
    Last edited by Assam; 03-09-2018 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Why stop there? Why not give her a NAoH book? Or a Sandman book? Or a Young Animal, Vertigo or Hanna-Barbera book?!

(I'll come up with actual suggestions later. Just that despite my excitement for the Sandman line and my enjoying a couple of the other books from these lines, I'm not exactly happy about DC making SO many of these, especially when I find the bulk of the books uninteresting)
    I know you're humorously venting, but: NAoH - it's in continuity, and I don't see her fitting in any of those except maybe Sidways. And NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS since Didio is writing it (also a huge reason why I don't read it). Sandman...um? I guess I'd like to see her have wacky hijinks with Death, but Gaiman has never really played that much with Steph's type of character. Vertigo isn't in any DC continuity usually, is it? I don't have any interest in any of those books - they tend to be super horror themed, and I don't read or watch horror. Hanna-Barbera...I dunno about them, but I'd love to see a Steph team-up with Scooby-Doo like the Birds of Prey got a month ago!

Also: Young Animal Steph clearly needs to be a thing in this weird Mother Panic AD future.

I do think the number of imprints is a bit silly, but I think that Black Label, Zoom, and Ink are the best I've seen of the imprints/lines, because Black Label is the kind of story we hope becomes a classic, like Alias, while the Zoom and Ink books are true entry points which will most likely get new readers, unlike a lot of these attempts to get non-comic-readers to read comics.

BANNED

Vertigo isn't in any DC continuity usually, is it?
    Sometimes it is.

I do think the number of imprints is a bit silly
    In my original post, I also forgot to mention the new Bendis imprint...

because Black Label is the kind of story we hope becomes a classic
    I find that writing something with the goal of it being a classic is a flawed intention which will only result in mediocrity. And that's without getting into the fact that I find most of DC's supposed 'classics' to not live up to their hype in the slightest.

while the Zoom and Ink books are true entry points which will most likely get new readers, unlike a lot of these attempts to get non-comic-readers to read comics.
    And I get that completely, but, especially since Superman Smashes the Klan is the only book from any of these new imprints (save the Sandman books) I'm likely going to read, it's a bit frustrating to see all of this stuff getting made while the main DC line continues to suck so much.

Actually, I would think that a Robin and Batgirl (or Spoiler) team up between Damian and Steph could be really great as a Zoom title as well! I hadn't thought of that!

Ooooh, Black Label Spoiler: Protector of the Innocent spinoff of Gotham by Gaslight! I love it! And you could get Mignola or someone like that on art!
    Thank you and I'm glad to be of service and I didn't think Damian and Stephanie could even work as a Zoom title not sure how it would though. In Spoiler: Protector of the Innocent supporting cast members can include Barbara Gordon as head matron, Tim Drake as a dashing young noble who empathizes with the poor and he sneaks out of his family's estate to find Jack the Ripper with the help of his African main Tamara who likes him and naturally he and Stephanie collide in their efforts to find Jack the Ripper.

Thank you and I'm glad to be of service and I didn't think Damian and Stephanie could even work as a Zoom title not sure how it would though. In Spoiler: Protector of the Innocent supporting cast members can include Barbara Gordon as head matron, Tim Drake as a dashing young noble who empathizes with the poor and he sneaks out of his family's estate to find Jack the Ripper with the help of his African main Tamara who likes him and naturally he and Stephanie collide in their efforts to find Jack the Ripper.
    Oooh, I like this elaboration! And Batman is a legend that only appears in the shadows, while Bruce Wayne is a silly rich guy who bumbles into weird situations that Steph has to save him from leading to him donating lots of money to the orphanage!

Last night I also thought that a Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate would be a pretty cool Black Label or Ink novel!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    In my original post, I also forgot to mention the new Bendis imprint...

I find that writing something with the goal of it being a classic is a flawed intention which will only result in mediocrity. And that's without getting into the fact that I find most of DC's supposed 'classics' to not live up to their hype in the slightest.

And I get that completely, but, especially since Superman Smashes the Klan is the only book from any of these new imprints (save the Sandman books) I'm likely going to read, it's a bit frustrating to see all of this stuff getting made while the main DC line continues to suck so much.
    Haha. Stephanie Brown: Self-Hating PI from Jinxworld! (I say this with affection, since I adore Jessica Jones.)

I do think that there's always a problem when you set out to make something great - like you're not doing that every time? But I think the serious nature of Black Label, and especially the idea that these are passion projects that aren't under the schedulling gun is promising. (Problem is, none of the writers or artists I can think of on the "highbrow" shortlist would pick Steph as a passion project - except for Dustin Nguyen, and he's probably not available with Descender and Lil Gotham).

Oooh, I like this elaboration! And Batman is a legend that only appears in the shadows, while Bruce Wayne is a silly rich guy who bumbles into weird situations that Steph has to save him from leading to him donating lots of money to the orphanage!

Last night I also thought that a Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate would be a pretty cool Black Label or Ink novel!
    Again thank you as for your Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate how do you figure having Nightwing work for Amanda Waller though?

Again thank you as for your Knightwing: Agent of Checkmate how do you figure having Nightwing work for Amanda Waller though?
    Well, at that point, I'm pretty sure Checkmate wasn't under Waller's control anymore. I don't know for sure, but she was forced out in Rucka's Checkmate series in 2007 (Checkmate #20), four years before Batgirl #24 came out.

Plus, Huntress and Mr. Terrific have worked for Checkmate at various times, so it's not like heroes couldn't do it.