Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Definitely agree with that but maybe that is the point. Maybe they know they are compromised.

Also wanted to add it's a very very very bad look to say Krakoa is for all mutants and then have Moria still being a baby over being burned alived when all other mutants are expected to just forgive and move on. Not a good look at all. This issue made me quickly dislike moira.
    She hasn't justified why she wants precogs gone. Unless she doesn't want them to see her end game plan as it is nefarious to mutants.

Kinda weird that the cliffhanger at the end of this is the same as the cliffhanger in the latest issue of Trial Of Magneto.

Magneto fails to toss the space station into the sun while amped by a mutant circuit because the dyson rockets are too strong was a bit of an eye roll.

In the digital age it's a bad rule anyway. if people don't want to be spoiled why click on the thread. Like people have that little self restraint. lol
    True, especially if the thread is titled SPOILERS. I mean, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I think they are working together, weren’t mystique, destiny and moira featured as a trio in one of the teasers, something twisted is going on
    I've wondered about this! Somewhere down the line, the three planned something together to subvert Xavier and Erik's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    She hasn't justified why she wants precogs gone. Unless she doesn't want them to see her end game plan as it is nefarious to mutants.
    This is another possibility. Maybe Moira never changed. Or, maybe she did and is working with Mystique and Destiny, and all three are working against Xavier and Erik.

Do we have to wait another month for the next issue? This should be dropped in two-week installments, dammit.

How are people "wtf-ing" Kwannon being chosen when the issue makes plain that the other Captains basically bullied the Council into accepting her as their choice?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Magneto fails to toss the space station into the sun while amped by a mutant circuit because the dyson rockets are too strong was a bit of an eye roll.
    And why do they keep sending the same mutants. It makes no sense. I guess magneto's abilities can be definied by stroking out or dyson rockets being too strong. How hard would it have been to have Eden open a piece of sun on them or tell the universe to sink orichis to the depths of hell. This is turning into the biggest threat that shouldn't be.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    How are people "wtf-ing" Kwannon being chosen when the issue makes plain that the other Captains basically bullied the Council into accepting her as their choice?
    So we are suppose to believe all of the other captains are okay with what she did in hellions. Helping to kill her own team, own of which was scott's own brother. And working with sinsiter showing she would sell krakoa under the bus for her ai daughter, which is the very basic battle they are trying to fight right now. It makes no sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And why do they keep sending the same mutants. It makes no sense. I guess magneto's abilities can be definied by stroking out or dyson rockets being too strong. How hard would it have been to have Eden open a piece of sun on them or tell the universe to sink orichis to the depths of hell. This is turning into the biggest threat that shouldn't be.

And therein lies the problem with everyone being obsessed with characters being OP. How exactly do you write a credible threat when there are characters who can achieve any feat imaginable? Powers should have limits, omegas notwithstanding and even they should be limited by their power's actual function.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    It isn't 10 o'clock, now is it?

(J/K lol. When I posted my X-Men #3 Spoilers Thread, people were making a fuss about a 10 am rule, but I don't think people care.)
    Its 10 somewhere

I'm of two minds on whether the person at the end is the real Destiny or not.

On the one hand, it would do wonders for this story's pacing for this to be the real Destiny. We are already one fourth of the way through and if we get the resurrection done and over with now, we could get to the good stuff (the Charles/Erik/Moira arguments, the Destiny/Moira confrontation, the Mystique/Destiny reunion) much more quickly.

On the other hand, it could very well be a Mystique clone (courtesy of Mr Sinister) that has shape-shifted into Irene. She has the Destiny mask needed to complete the disguise in her home after all.
    Raven knows her wife well enough to be able to copy her mannerisms and I think that the Destiny mask has the anti-telepathic properties (though I'm not sure, someone correct me on this) required to fool Charles.

Either way though, Mystique's move here would here will have the desired results: Charles and Erik will go on the defensive and start slipping up.

And therein lies the problem with everyone being obsessed with characters being OP. How exactly do you write a credible threat when there are characters who can achieve any feat imaginable? Powers should have limits, omegas notwithstanding and even they should be limited by their power's actual function.
    I don't see why mutants need to have limites when obviously orichis don't. It's like playing a game of chess where the results have already been decided. You can keep moving the pieces anyway you want the winner has already been determined. So it doesn't really matter, there isn't even clever back and forth.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Phantazia, Beautiful Dreamer, Lionel Jeffries and Monsoon would have done a better job then X-Force

I kinda feel like the only interesting part was the Quiet Council meeting at the end. We did not had to go through all those flashback pages from Moira's 3rd life. The concept of "the Great Captains of Krakoa" was barely used and hardly developed in the last two years for me to care about.

Anyway, Moira feels like the big bad here.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    I'm of two minds on whether the person at the end is the real Destiny or not.

On the one hand, it would do wonders for this story's pacing for this to be the real Destiny. We are already one fourth of the way through and if we get the resurrection done and over with now, we could get to the good stuff (the Charles/Erik/Moira arguments, the Destiny/Moira confrontation, the Mystique/Destiny reunion) much more quickly.

On the other hand, it could very well be a Mystique clone (courtesy of Mr Sinister) that has shape-shifted into Irene. She has the Destiny mask needed to complete the disguise in her home after all.
    Raven knows her wife well enough to be able to copy her mannerisms and I think that the Destiny mask has the anti-telepathic properties (though I'm not sure, someone correct me on this) required to fool Charles.

Either way though, Mystique's move here would here will have the desired results: Charles and Erik will go on the defensive and start slipping up.
    I definitely think it's Destiny and i think the winter crew is the tightest out of all of them and Exodus and Sinster have been in on Mystique's end game for some time. Also given the name of the council sections all of their stories have hit in the months they represent ie. Kitty dying in spring, storm new role in summer, Apoc story happened in fall so winter is coming.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Pretty mixed on the captains scene. On the one hand, it's neat to see them all together for once and showing a united front. On the other, why are they thumbing their noses at the council so much here? Cyclops has reason to be annoyed at the council for refusing to help in X of Swords and forcing Jean off the governing body. Magik has reason to be annoyed at them for for volunteering her to be in charge of education when the New Mutants pointed out there was no education. But this seemed like an out-of-place power play and needlessly confrontational. I'm also mixed on Bishop replacing Cyclops as Captain Commander. On the one hand, this means that he'll finally be allowed to do something. On the other hand, given that he's been so underused, what has he done to merit this promotion? The same question applies to Kwanon, though she hasn't been underused. This is one of those times when I wish the off-panel stuff was on-panel.