Page 206 of 324 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4846

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    I remember reading it somewhere on TV tropes Jean page.
    But I couldnt find the actual link of the interview.

I just found this article from 2003
    https://www.cbr.com/the-end-of-an-x-...-x-men-sex-dc/
    Thank You! I did see that, but figured he actually mentioned something about Quesada keeping him from changing his story and that was why he left. He wanted to bring her back but Quesada wouldn't let him.
    Richard Alexander

Not only Scott but also the mutants.

She went after Black Blot for Scott. Why not Avengers?
    BB is responsable for Scott's death. The Avengers just wanted to arrest him for a while.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

When did they oppress the mutants n humans? I don’t remember.
    There's a scene with Phoenix Emma making the X-Men who stayed on Utopia bow down to her and she reads Cannonball's mind and asks him if he wants to fight her.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by richalex View Post
    Thank You! I did see that, but figured he actually mentioned something about Quesada keeping him from changing his story and that was why he left. He wanted to bring her back but Quesada wouldn't let him.
    No problem ... but yea I also kept searching for the interview but I couldn’t find it. Shouldn’t the TV tropes reference their sources? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    BB is responsable for Scott's death. The Avengers just wanted to arrest him for a while.
    Well, Jean is a leader. She should see beyond Scott, it’s her duty as a leader to act like one.
    Avengers has caused distress to the Mutants and were responsible for imprisoning him wrongfully. I also recall, Scott had to jail break cuz folks were trying to kill mutants in that jail. The avengers did NOTHING to stop it

Jean is a leader, so every Mutant is her responsibility.
    Last edited by Abbz_A; 11-08-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's a scene with Phoenix Emma making the X-Men who stayed on Utopia bow down to her and she reads Cannonball's mind and asks him if he wants to fight her.
    Phoenix Emma was not Phoenix Scott. Emma was a villain, the Phoenix possibly enlarged those desires or impulses that she had when she was a villain, but that is still not the fault of Scott.

Not all mutants should be her responsibility(she is a leader of the X-men not a leader of the mutant race, that's something I didn't want for Cyclops either). But as a leader she should do the best for all of them equally. A good talk with the Avengers could make them also help the mutants and that would really be a good thing.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 11-08-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well, I was mostly defending Scott cuz they wrongfully imprisoned him.
    Most of the **** Emma did was behind Scott’s back, even the Wakanda mess.

But the Avengers were up Scott’s ass waaaaay before that.

Emma asking folks to bow down is not worse than the avengers causing a mutant to die under their surpevision.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Not all mutants should be her responsibility, but as a leader she should do the best for all of them equally. A good talk with the Avengers could make them also help the mutants and that would really be a good thing.
    Ofc not every single of em like not Magneto n strong mutants.
    I’m talking about helpless mutants that have no one to protect or stand up for em

If I'm optimistic I could see #10 being the beginning of the X-Men and the Avengers extending hands to one another. Jean went to them for help, and when they responded Cap specifically said they should have been helping her from the beginning. You can read that as an admission that they weren't doing enough to help mutants. Granted, the Avengers are tasked with keeping the entire world safe so they always have a lot on their plate, but a team with as much freedom and resources as they have could stand to do more.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If the Avengers helped the X-men all the time like some people complain they should, the X-men wouldn't have much to do. That's the reason they don't help all the time, is that simple.

It's cool to have them interact from time to time and even put some mutants on their teams but not all the time.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 11-08-2018 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If the Avengers helped the X-men all the time like some people complain they should, the X-men wouldn't have much to do. That's the reason they don't help all the time, is that simple.

It's cool to have them interact fom time to time and even put some mutants on their teams but not all the time.
    Ideally yes, but I'd kind of like to see them mix-it up cooperatively more often, even if in attempt to cool things down. Marvel threw gasoline on a bonfire with their constant hero vs. hero crap, but the current political climate also breeds a lot of fan reactions that are, frankly, exhausting with the X-Men being the universal oppressed minority metaphor and the Avengers the stand-in for the mainstream privileged majority. Fans don't want the Avengers to take over the x-books or hijack members over to their books, which makes sense and is perfectly fine, but they also want to opine about how the Avengers and other mainstream heroes don't do enough for mutantkind either. It's way past boring at this point.

I believe this is correct, because at this point in time, characters who had been killed off were supposed to stay dead. If I remember correctly, Salvador Larroca spilled the beans that when Claremont killed off Psylocke in X-treme X-men, she was supposed to come back in her OG body (under the influence of Bogan no doubt, no way it was Rachel originally) but Quesada nixed that story to make deaths more meaningful.

Another poster that claims to read all Morrison interviews says Morrison never said anything about the matter.

No problem ... but yea I also kept searching for the interview but I couldn’t find it. Shouldn’t the TV tropes reference their sources? Weird.

Well, Jean is a leader. She should see beyond Scott, it’s her duty as a leader to act like one.
    Avengers has caused distress to the Mutants and were responsible for imprisoning him wrongfully. I also recall, Scott had to jail break cuz folks were trying to kill mutants in that jail. The avengers did NOTHING to stop it

Jean is seeing beyond Scott, just not the way you like it.

Avengers already team up with mutants before, Rogue was a avenger for some time.

They are helping Jean plan and PR that mutants need. That is great
    Last edited by spirit2011; 11-08-2018 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Another poster that claims to read all Morrison interviews says Morrison never said anything about the matter.

Jean is seeing beyond Scott, just not the way you like it.

Avengers already team up with mutants before, Rogue was a avenger for some time.

They are helping Jean plan and PR that mutants need. That is great
    People are ignoring this. Jean has been labeled as an international terrorist. How is she as a telepath supposed to clear her name on her own? The Avengers carry clout and if they vouch for her, then that helps clean up her image. Its the quickest and most simple way to deal with this. People may still believe Nova, but you arent going to get SHIELD and foreign nations hunting Jean down when she's put herself out there cooperating and working alongside the Avengers whom are government sanctioned

So in the newly released preview of Uncanny X-Men #1 spoilers:
    it appears the teaser art of Multiple Man going crazy about finding Kitty Pryde is actually a precognitive vision of Jean's. Can anyone think of other instances where Jean has done this? I usually associate precognitive flashes with Psylocke (although she hasn't had those in a long time).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    So in the newly released preview of Uncanny X-Men #1 spoilers:
    it appears the teaser art of Multiple Man going crazy about finding Kitty Pryde is actually a precognitive vision of Jean's. Can anyone think of other instances where Jean has done this? I usually associate precognitive flashes with Psylocke (although she hasn't had those in a long time).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't know if she ever has. Jean's wikipedia page doesn't list her as having precognitive abilities. Psylocke's does however.
    end of spoilers