Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If you were a mutant what camp would you fall in?

So if you were a mutant what camp would you fall into? Would you become one of Xavier's X Men and fight for the benefit of mankind and mutant alike? Or would you join Magneto and his Brotherhood of Evil Mutants to try and take over the world for your mutant brothers? Or would you go through a third option? I am mainly asking this question from the point of view of the older days as I dont really know what is going on right now in the X Books but it sounds like they are all working together?

So where would you land?

As much as I like the X Men I think after seeing my people **** on for years, and passing laws and creating the Sentinels I think I would run to Magneto's banner. Plus of course if I were a mutant my power would be way cool and I would be more powerful then like 99.9 percent of other mutants so you know I would be one of his top guys. I wouldnt take the top spot because I am not good with the bigger picture thing.

So who would you fight for and why?

Edit to add a third option.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-27-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'd go to the Massachusetts academy, learn how to use my powers to become rich and become a King of the Hellfire Club. Then I'd probably start supporting the mutant cause using my money. That is if I don't die doing the school years. Statistics aren't on my side.

If it was Krakoan era, I'd probably just join for parties and orgies hahah but maybe I'd also look for something to do because I'm kind of a workaholic and I can't stand not doing nothing for too long. I could probably join Sage or the Hellfire Trading Company depending on what my powers are.
    Last edited by Veitha; 03-27-2020 at 09:18 AM.

As long as Xavier isn't leading then i go with the X-Men (the man has lost any sort of right to lead then after the s#$% he pulled). I don't trust in anyone on the Brotherhood so i can't never see myself joining then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'd go to the Massachusetts academy, learn how to use my powers to become rich and become a King of the Hellfire Club. Then I'd probably start supporting the mutant cause using my money.

If it was Krakoan era, I'd probably just join for parties and orgies hahah but maybe I'd also look for something to do because I'm kind of a workaholic and I can't stand not doing nothing. I could probably join Sage or the Hellfire Trading Company depending on what my powers are.

I didnt think of other groups. let me edit my post. Thanks for pointing that out with your answer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I didnt think of other groups. let me edit my post. Thanks for pointing that out with your answer.
    No prob! There's actually a couple interesting ways a young mutant could go.

I feel confident I would seek a job with the Hellfire Trading Company, and bartend at the Green Grotto.

When I was reading the X-men, long time ago, the concept of mutants existed, but the X-men never said about the mutants 'my people'.
    The mutants weren't persecuted yet. No laws. Not really Sentinels neither.

So the idea that humans and mutants would clash was still just an idea. A threat agitated by Magneto.

Nevertheless I see how a cohabitation between humans and mutants could be a problem in the long run. Telepaths. Psychopaths with super-powers…
    So I would have been for the 'good guys' but I would have asked Xavier for precisions how, concretely, he thought to achieve his 'noble goal'.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Assuming I have really strong powers, I would try to leave the planet and go into space like Vulcan and join some Alien race.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

If I'm a Mutant who can pass for human with a basic power, I'd probably just do my own thing and get killed by humans at some point.

If I'm a Mutant who can't pass or a very powerful one, I'd go Magneto since I'd have no interest in being humanity's helper monkey.

My main focus would be on rescuing mutants, especially the babies. So I guess I would be on the X-Men but not necessarily in the role of saving the world but helping the ones that cannot defend themselves.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My main focus would be on rescuing mutants, especially the babies. So I guess I would be on the X-Men but not necessarily in the role of saving the world but helping the ones that cannot defend themselves.
    A smell a team-up with Nanny along the way of saving babies.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Depends on my powers, really. If I wasn't all that powerful, then I'd just live my life. If I was in the big leagues, or couldn't pass as human, would have joined the X-men.

Now, of course I'd just be chillin' in Krakoa.

A smell a team-up with Nanny along the way of saving babies.
    If it meant getting a kickass armor like OM, I will happily wheel Nanny around in a stroller while we save the babies!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I we're taking old school, I think I'd feel like Magneto made some points lol...but would ultimately be turned off by his insistence on terrorism.
    If we're talking modern era I'd be on Krakoa sipping a Mutini so fast...

I'd go to the Massachusetts academy, learn how to use my powers to become rich... Then I'd probably start supporting the mutant cause using my money.
    Yup.

In the modern age... I'd hope I would question Krakoan society but try to live in it as best I can with my morality intact, helping however I can. Of course, I haven't gone through genocide after genocide and trauma after trauma.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'