Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Talk is cheap, especially when DiDio is concerned.

Whether they really have "a new Crisis in 2020", and how big a deal it may or may not turn out to be, remains to be seen. (When Doomsday Cluck was first announced, did anybody really think it would be dragged out as long as it has been so far? And how much impact will it have on DC as a whole compared to what people originally expected?)
    Wait... this one matches up with what Didio said that they want to fix the DC timeline... and that Wally West series Flash Forward will lead up to a big event in 2020.

Doomsday Clock will be over soon, and a year should be enough for them to finish up Three Jokers mini. Fabok's already working on that. So art's no problem.

So... what else was left unfinished? Legion and JSA soon to be launched. A year or half a year is enough for one story arc...

That's about everyone that was promised at the start of Rebirth, right? If there's no more delay they can actually finish Rebirth by then and begin what they say is going to be a clearer continuity DCU, which they should already start to arrange right now.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-21-2019 at 10:16 AM.

No new information on the JSA?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    No new information on the JSA?
    An upcoming JL arc is going to have the JL time travel to fight the LoD. They’re going to the past to meet the JSA, and to the future to meet Kamandi.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What were the biggest DC announcements from Comic Con 2019?
    Didio doesn't seem pleased facsimiles sold so well and they are going to "repair" the timeline. At this point management at DC is an absolute dumpster fire who can't even do basic PR. They really should have just fired the Big 3 and put in new blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    An upcoming JL arc is going to have the JL time travel to fight the LoD. They’re going to the past to meet the JSA, and to the future to meet Kamandi.
    Thanks! They were just in Young Justice, so that's kinda nice. I was hoping they'd announce the ongoing coming after DdC, but nothing yet, huh?

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Didio doesn't seem pleased facsimiles sold so well and they are going to "repair" the timeline. At this point management at DC is an absolute dumpster fire who can't even do basic PR. They really should have just fired the Big 3 and put in new blood.
    I don't know how anyone can feel otherwise.

Whether you prefer DC to Marvel or vice/versa, Marvel hit it out the park. With DC, it feels like they were just complaining a lot about things that are totally their fault and making vague statements.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't know how anyone can feel otherwise.

Whether you prefer DC to Marvel or vice/versa, Marvel hit it out the park. With DC, it feels like they were just complaining a lot about things that are totally their fault and making vague statements.
    Or just talking about stuff people already knew about.

I'm just talking about the comic side, btw.

It doesn't feel like DC has had much positive and strong momentum since Rebirth. Which is probably why they're heading for another Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or just talking about stuff people already knew about.

I'm just talking about the comic side, btw.

It doesn't feel like DC has had much positive and strong momentum since Rebirth. Which is probably why they're heading for another Crisis.
    I'm sorry, but this comment is hilarious since it can mean two things and both of them would be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait... this one matches up with what Didio said that they want to fix the DC timeline... and that Wally West series Flash Forward will lead up to a big event in 2020.

Doomsday Clock will be over soon, and a year should be enough for them to finish up Three Jokers mini. Fabok's already working on that. So art's no problem.

So... what else was left unfinished? Legion and JSA soon to be launched. . . .
    Well, for one thing, define "over soon" when a 12-issue series that was suppose to be a monthly title only reached issue #10 after 18 months (May 2019); issue #11 is currently due out in September; and AFAIK, issue #12 hasn't even been solicited yet.

Also, when you say "Legion and JSA soon to be launched", define "launched". I'm not aware of any JSA comic book that has a firm date for issue #1 yet; I'm only aware of Snyder planning to use them in a Justice League story arc where they won't be the only focus.

Well, for one thing, define "over soon" when a 12-issue series that was suppose to be a monthly title only reached issue #10 after 18 months (May 2019); issue #11 is currently due out in September; and AFAIK, issue #12 hasn't even been solicited yet.

Also, when you say "Legion and JSA soon to be launched", define "launched". I'm not aware of any JSA comic book that has a firm date for issue #1 yet; I'm only aware of Snyder planning to use them in a Justice League story arc where they won't be the only focus.
    Over soon as they only have those 2 left and it shouldn't take a year.

Oh, I thought JSA's getting a book.

Oh, I thought JSA's getting a book.
    We all hope and assumed that, since Legion was getting one. If there is none than I'll be sad.

MajorHoy, don't post things like that. You'll give me nightmares, making me think of that title.

Out of continuity. There's no incentive to finish ASBAR, whereas Dr. Manhattan is the main setup for Rebirth. If they want to have a 2020 crisis reboot whatever to fix the DC timeline, if they want to finish Rebirth, they have to finish Doomsday Clock.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-21-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Fantastic Member

They released all of the announcements beforehand: Legion, Ellis' Batman, Birds of Prey etc.
    It is not like they haven't had anything exciting in their hands.