Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    She'd been referred to as just Jean Grey through most of ANXM and EXM.
    Yep. She was no longer Marvel Girl as early as issue 6.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Yea idk what that person was coming from where "I am Phoenix" isn't the iconic line.

Plus there's so much mainstream material out there referenced and inspired by Jean/Phoenix. Heck Stranger Things is basically a love for Jean Grey story with the character of Eleven, named Jane, even going dark phoenix and what not.

Jean the Phoenix will always be connected, and far more people know her codename as "Phoenix" than Marvel Girl.
    Yes! I think eleven name ''jane'' Is for jean !!!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

I thought it was hilarious that Jean told Ororo to open the box, lol. We never found out what was in that box unfortunately. The plot got dropped...

Unless... This was in the box all along... Look at the first scan the box is glowing blue Only in one panel...

I'll be happy if this plot finally gets resolved but at the same time, I'll be pissed if that happens in X-Men Red not because of Logan but because of the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yep. She was no longer Marvel Girl as early as issue 6.
    But in X Men: Blue they refer to her as Marvel Girl.

RCO002_1492047579.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I thought it was hilarious that Jean told Ororo to open the box, lol. We never found out what was in that box unfortunately. The plot got dropped...

Unless... This was in the box all along... Look at the first scan the box is glowing blue Only in one panel...

I'll be happy if this plot finally gets resolved but at the same time, I'll be pissed if that happens in X-Men Red not because of Logan but because of the writer.
    What issue is the top image from, please?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think Jean looked awesome on the new x-men uniform.
    It's so sad because It's the run i hate the most
    That's the same for me... I love this look so bad but I hated that run so much...

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    But in X Men: Blue they refer to her as Marvel Girl.

RCO002_1492047579.jpg
    That post was part of this conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im sure you might find something but she officially dropped it by Extraordinary X-men. Marvel Girl was brought back as her official codename in Blue

She ditched the Marvel Girl name almost immediately upon arriving in the present - maybe because Rachel was using it. In Blue #1, it was explained that they should use codenames in the field. Probably Magneto's instructions. So Jean started calling herself Marvel Girl again. At around the same time, Rachel changed her codename to Prestige.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That post was part of this conversation.She ditched the Marvel Girl name almost immediately upon arriving in the present - maybe because Rachel was using it. In Blue #1, it was explained that they should use codenames in the field. Probably Magneto's instructions. So Jean started calling herself Marvel Girl again. At around the same time, Rachel changed her codename to Prestige.
    What's the point of having a code name when everyone knows your real name in addition to what you look and sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    What's the point of having a code name when everyone knows your real name in addition to what you look and sound like.
    The codename isnt to hide a secret identity. Its not necessary but it makes things more formal. In the military, people refer to each other by their title (Major Johnson, Captain Smith, etc...) on the field, so thats where that comes from. With that said, in the issues, they still call each other by first name so its not a habit they got used to using

Now that the reaction to Jean’s new costume has settle down let’s talk about Jean’s vision for the world and what the premise or mission for this book will be.
    First X-Lady

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Now that the reaction to Jean’s new costume has settle down let’s talk about Jean’s vision for the world and what the premise or mission for this book will be.
    Everything it's a mess, it's time to fix it all. Heal the wounds and give mutants a good rep.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I really like how the armor looks there!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

This just landed on Twitter moments ago. I think we can already confirm that both X-23 and Nightcrawler will be part of this team.

Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Also either Namor or Northstar.

I'm freakin' stoked!!
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey